ADVERTISEMENT

Guys, Sparty's program isn't going to just disappear in the future

michigangoblue999

All-League
Dec 21, 2011
It's already gone. What do they have to look forward to? They are looking at 4 wins max this year. No way will they beat Michigan, OSU, or a Penn State in Happy Valley looking to improve their bowl status.

Their best player, MM, is gone to the NFL after this year. Corley must be telling his Detroit buddies what a huge mistake he made. Michigan is getting almost all the top 10 players in state and Sparty can't recruit nationally. They'll be getting players that Michigan, OSU, and ND pass on. Without Narduzzi to coach up the defense, it will continue it's slide. It's like when Harbaugh left Stanford. Sure, you can sustain success for a couple years, but inevitably things will return to normal.

The run is over. These two teams are never really good at the same time. Sparty has been able to rise up at times when Michigan is down. That time is over.

Where did all the Sparties go?

It's already gone. What do they have to look forward to? They are looking at 4 wins max this year. No way will they beat Michigan, OSU, or a Penn State in Happy Valley looking to improve their bowl status.

Their best player, MM, is gone to the NFL after this year. Corley must be telling his Detroit buddies what a huge mistake he made. Michigan is getting almost all the top 10 players in state and Sparty can't recruit nationally. They'll be getting players that Michigan, OSU, and ND pass on. Without Narduzzi to coach up the defense, it will continue it's slide. It's like when Harbaugh left Stanford. Sure, you can sustain success for a couple years, but inevitably things will return to normal.

The run is over. These two teams are never really good at the same time. Sparty has been able to rise up at times when Michigan is down. That time is over.

Without piling on, they are two years from contending, minimum, given a porous OL in need of massive reconstruction and question marks for QBs.

Just dealing with those deficiencies alone - and they aren't much better off at other spots - lowers the ceiling and demands time and prayer.

I say they aren't going away, but they aren't going anywhere, either.

Go Blue. Always.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
As long as JH is at UM, they are going to be consistent .
Always contending for B1G titles and NC.
May have big loses from time to time, but we'll have more big wins alot to. And the domination of sparty will be expected each season. UM is going to be (or you could say already is) past back to normal. Better then the normal UM fb, but still with that same smashmouth, push you around all day game play.
Very exciting times instore for us UM fans, not so much for Sparty fans tho.

As long as JH is at UM, they are going to be consistent .
Always contending for B1G titles and NC.
May have big loses from time to time, but we'll have more big wins alot to. And the domination of sparty will be expected each season. UM is going to be (or you could say already is) past back to normal. Better then the normal UM fb, but still with that same smashmouth, push you around all day game play.
Very exciting times instore for us UM fans, not so much for Sparty fans tho.

Can't believe some are worried about U-M being a cure for MSU's painful season.

I could call U-M a cure, but my meaning would be quite a bit different.

OSU is the team to worry about, going forward, and there's a host of good reasons to believe it without hitting on recent history for support.

Go Blue. Always.

A "drop off" after JH left Stanford? Your entire argument went into smoke for me. Stanford was playoff bound four years after JH. Ask Iowa.

I say they aren't going away, but they aren't going anywhere, either.

Go Blue. Always.

I was really trying to be nice in my comments, HA!

But realistically, when have both teams been good for long stretches at the same time? I can't remember it.

I was really trying to be nice in my comments, HA!

But realistically, when have both teams been good for long stretches at the same time? I can't remember it.

Your comments were fine. I intend no jabbing for the sake of jabbing, either.

Their OL is crap and that is no easy fix, for any team in need of major re-con.

MSU is not going to be bringng in Leatherwood, or Slaton or Wilson types.

And even if they did, they'd need time.

Go Blue. Always.

Can't believe some are worried about U-M being a cure for MSU's painful season.

I could call U-M a cure, but my meaning would be quite a bit different.

OSU is the team to worry about, going forward, and there's a host of good reasons to believe it without hitting on recent history for support.

Go Blue. Always.
Yeah, UM is going to be a cure for MSU's season kind of like an operation was the cure for a eunuch's temptations in the queen's court. I listened to the not bad "Michigan Man" podcast today with an interview of Will Tieman who does sound stuff for Sparty radio. What an absolute wanker. He's a guest on the show and took about 8 to 10 shots at UM's season ("we haven't played anyone except Wisconsin and struggled to beat them", our history, how good MSU really is despite the overwhelmingly contrary evidence, how UM better watch out, etc.

I cannot wait until kickoff, I'm so sick of this strutting, posturing BS, particularly after last year when MSU got an absolute miracle. Dammit, we're the number 2 team in the country for a reason, let Will Tieman come on bended knee and explain why we should take seriously a team that was loaded last year and needed a resurrection-level miracle to beat a UM team at a point when we couldn't complete a forward pass, barely beat a pathetic Iowa team, was prison raped in the playoffs, and now is looking at a six game losing streak.

I want an absolute bloodbath: passing no matter what the score is, gang tackling that smothers their runners, taking the head off of Donnie Corley when he dares to come across the middle, dancing on their freshman QB's head repeatedly after sacks, DeVeon putting shoulders into their pathetic DBs, etc.

Enough Sparty, the tsunami descends on E. Lansing, batten the hatches, hide your women and children, your stadium belongs to us this weekend.

Yeah, UM is going to be a cure for MSU's season kind of like an operation was the cure for a eunuch's temptations in the queen's court. I listened to the not bad "Michigan Man" podcast today with an interview of Will Tieman who does sound stuff for Sparty radio. What an absolute wanker. He's a guest on the show and took about 8 to 10 shots at UM's season ("we haven't played anyone except Wisconsin and struggled to beat them", our history, how good MSU really is despite the overwhelmingly contrary evidence, how UM better watch out, etc.

HAA!!! I listened to that too, and could not believe the amount of trolling Tieman was doing. What a douche. He's going to be in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

On a side note, are there any other good Michigan podcasts? I listen to the Rivals one with Chris Balas. I like when he has on Doug Skene or some of the other former players. That one is pretty solid. I also like Nick Baumgardner's podcast with MLive.

Any other good ones? I am trying to enjoy this season as much as humanly possible, ha!

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
HAA!!! I listened to that too, and could not believe the amount of trolling Tieman was doing. What a douche. He's going to be in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

On a side note, are there any other good Michigan podcasts? I listen to the Rivals one with Chris Balas. I like when he has on Doug Skene or some of the other former players. That one is pretty solid. I also like Nick Baumgardner's podcast with MLive.

Any other good ones? I am trying to enjoy this season as much as humanly possible, ha!

I haven't had a chance to listen to the new michigan man podcast that you guys are talking about, but i knew they were gonna have that guy on there as a guest. I'll have to check it out today.
As for other podcasts, download the Michigan Sports Radio app. thats how i listen to alot of podcasts like the michigan man , recruitnix, maizenbrew, mgoblog.ect.

Listen to the newset podcast by maize n brew recruiting.
Their rant is awesome, about how quickly the sparty fans gave up on msu.
If you're gonna be a fan, you gotta be there through thick n thin.

I was just going to post something about that.

Where have all the Sparties gone? I haven't seen even one of them on our board this week. Pathetic. My Sparty friends are in the witness relocation program, I suspect. They're nowhere to be found.

Reactions: llhcatsports
These are my podcasts for all things UM, which is entirely how I get my broadcast news about UM these days:

TheWolverine (posts about 4-6 weekly, great twenty minute interviews by Balas and Borton with Skene, Marcus Ray, Jerry Hanlon, etc. Way to go lads!)

Michigan Insider (Sam Webb daily, broken down by segment so you can pick your poison, Webb is my personal favorite of all podcasters)

Inside the Huddle (MIchael Spath, great show lots of good interviews, broken down by segments)

MGoBlog (best, get dirty about the program podcast, usually 1+ hours, Brian and Ace leave nothing untouched on UM)

The Wolverine Beat (Nick Baumgardner and Brendan Quinn, very good discussion by sports press beat writers)

Wolverine Sports Radio (this includes said MIchigan Man Podcast-btw the Wolverine brother who does this show sounds like an unflappable NPR broadcaster, couldn't have been more gracious to douchie Will Tieman-I think the Michigan Man Podcast is decent but the other ones on Wolverine Sports Radio's offering list are of lower quality, often guys just yacking it up with each other with less depth and substance than, say, MGoBlog...I only typically listen to Michigan Man)

These are my podcasts for all things UM, which is entirely how I get my broadcast news about UM these days:

TheWolverine (posts about 4-6 weekly, great twenty minute interviews by Balas and Borton with Skene, Marcus Ray, Jerry Hanlon, etc. Way to go lads!)

Michigan Insider (Sam Webb daily, broken down by segment so you can pick your poison, Webb is my personal favorite of all podcasters)

Inside the Huddle (MIchael Spath, great show lots of good interviews, broken down by segments)

MGoBlog (best, get dirty about the program podcast, usually 1+ hours, Brian and Ace leave nothing untouched on UM)

The Wolverine Beat (Nick Baumgardner and Brendan Quinn, very good discussion by sports press beat writers)

Wolverine Sports Radio (this includes said MIchigan Man Podcast-btw the Wolverine brother who does this show sounds like an unflappable NPR broadcaster, couldn't have been more gracious to douchie Will Tieman-I think the Michigan Man Podcast is decent but the other ones on Wolverine Sports Radio's offering list are of lower quality, often guys just yacking it up with each other with less depth and substance than, say, MGoBlog...I only typically listen to Michigan Man)
Are all of these podcasts on an app or website?

Are all of these podcasts on an app or website?
I get them all through iTunes, if you have an iPhone you can load them through the Podcasts app. Also, if you have an RSS feed, most of them will go into an RSS reader like Feedly (also an app) so you can listen to them that way too. Lastly, they should be all available on those individual websites.

How are you getting this one? I have the WTKA app, but I don't see Spath in the list of shows.

I am kind of annoyed that it takes multiple websites and apps to get these things. I wonder if there's a way on Android to one-stop shop.

How are you getting this one? I have the WTKA app, but I don't see Spath in the list of shows.

I am kind of annoyed that it takes multiple websites and apps to get these things. I wonder if there's a way on Android to one-stop shop.
The Wolverine Sports Radio app has a few different podcasts but the michigan man podcast is really the best one to listen to.

I get them all through iTunes, if you have an iPhone you can load them through the Podcasts app. Also, if you have an RSS feed, most of them will go into an RSS reader like Feedly (also an app) so you can listen to them that way too. Lastly, they should be all available on those individual websites.
No iphone.
Galaxy s7.

Nope,
They'll still be there, just not as good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT