ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be making an addendum to the rules and regulations

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
After doing some observation and reflection, I am going to be making an addition to our rules and regulations to expand on some trolling rules as we look to make this place more enjoyable.

Concern trolling.

By definition: “Someone who posts to an internet forum or newsgroup, claiming to share its goals while deliberately working against those goals, typically, by claiming "concern" about group plans to engage in productive activity, urging members instead to attempt some activity that would damage the group's credibility, or alternatively to give up on group projects entirely”

To be frank, the level of some folks have gone to after one loss in what feels like forever is embarrassing.

I’m pretty open about the moderation we do here. We’re supposed to be adults here and I don’t want to treat a bunch of adults as children by sifting through everything that is posted.

I am not saying that criticizing or showing genuine concern is not allowed, we aren’t going to be just blowing sunshine every day. However, incessant negativity, insults of the staff and players and just plain ridiculous takes do not keep the conversation going and do not create a place where people can talk freely.

I’ve been pretty lenient in letting things go as some folks have filled their diapers online, even allowing repeat offenders to come back. Not anymore.

I am going to work on the wording of the addition in the next few days or so but consider this a public warning that we’re not going to put up with derailing thread after thread with incessant concern trolling and overly negative content. I’m sure you can find a place that will welcome your concerns if you cannot handle a simple request from us here.

I listen to the people and the (rightful) complaints have increased as of late.

I want this place to be the best it can be, I want it to be welcoming and a place where we can debate and discuss respectfully. If that means I have to hurt business by weeding out a VERY small, but loud, contingent of folks, so be it.

I think this place is awesome and a small number of folks don’t represent the entire atmosphere but when you have people actively avoiding sharing an opinion because they’re not having fun or others are bringing down the fun, that’s where I have a problem. I feel the same way myself some days.

Thanks for reading this diatribe and I appreciate your cooperation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.