ADVERTISEMENT

Glad to see coach Hoke getting around the country and

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
watching some practices. He is a good guy and would be a good DL coach for any program...including UM.

Brady Hoke is a good DL recruiter and coach. Wouldn't surprise me if he winds up at a big time school.

Reality Man

I"d like to see him at UM again, in a few years

when the dust settles. He's very close to the Harbaugh's. I thought JH was pretty cool when he asked -- before his hiring -- how UM took care of Hoke, alluding that he wouldn't come unless he was comfortable how the divorce was handled.

Re: I"d like to see him at UM again, in a few years

Hoke is smart taking a year off, collecting himself, spending time traveling with the wife and correcting the mistakes he made as the head coach of his "dream job." which lost him the job. He will wind up coaching again and probably as a position coach. I look for him to possibly join his brother at South Carolina with Spurrier. Spurrier is going to retire in the next two years and I would not be surprised with John Hoke becoming the HC with Brady as DC. I still think that his inability to be aggressive with David Brandon telling him to back off and be an AD caused him to lose focus in "his program" which he began building immediately going 11-2 his first season. Brandon was in on everything including recruiting and game prep. Ridiculous.
This post was edited on 4/8 10:39 PM by scfanblue

Brandon was basically a executive 'groupie...but I don't buy

the jerry jones comparison.

Hoke is not a high level head coach. Maybe he can get away with certain limitations at a lower level program but definitely not in a major conference no matter how good of a recruiter and staff he puts together. I don't think he is even a DC...but a quality D line position coach.

Let's be honest..there is nothing wrong with being a good position coach. Nothing. Not everyone (myself included) is mean to run a corporate gig.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT