ADVERTISEMENT

Fun game to watch. Detroit played very hard. Lots of guys on that

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
team who wanted to beat UM.

The big takeaway is that UM is going to need offensive production from either the #5 or the #4 or its going to be 3 guys trying to score all the points.

Max B. Looks like he is going to get some decent minutes this year and looks physically able to handle the #5 whereas Wilson is just not strong enough against the bigger opponents.

LeVert may be the best all around player but Irvin looks like he could put 40 pts on the board one of these nights. He will have no problem launching 25 shots one of these nights.

Nice pg tandem.

Chatman is a exceptionally smart and gifted player but he has going to either need help (Wilson or Dawkins)or is going to have to put up some numbers. Teams are going to start letting Chatman shoot from the perimeter.

By the way...where is Dawkins? Surprised he hasn't been getting more 'run'.

Reality Man
This post was edited on 11/21 12:12 PM by Reality Man

A couple things I've noticed after watching a couple games. First, we are going to struggle against good teams on the inside. It was good seeing Max have a great game against Bucknell but I don't see him having much success in conference play, particularly the top half of the league teams. Max just isn't tall enough and doesn't possess high level athleticism to compete against some of the inside players we are going to see. Although I think Donnal and Doyle will end up being solid players for us they will not be strong players this year against the better teams. Wilson needs to get on a serious weight program to get bigger and stronger to compete effectively in conference play.

We also need 1-2 of these freshman to start scoring some points. I like Chatman but he needs to spend some time in the weight room before I think he is impactful at this level. Hopefully a couple of these freshman step up as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT