ADVERTISEMENT

From Section 22…

jrandyyoung

All-League
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2006
There were a few things I saw that may not have been viewable on TV so thought I’d share.

-almost a full house before kickoff. There were a few seats empty in the upper part of the student section but that’s not unusual for a noon kickoff.

-Western’s offensive line was huge. Michigan seemed to be trying to wear them as they has a platoon of DL’s gathered on the sideline and ran them in and out all day. The Western OL may not be the most talented OL we face, but I’m guessing the only line bigger might be Wisconsin.

-The penalties for offensive interference and roughing the punter were bogus and when the replays were shown on the big screen, you could see the officials who made the call put their heads down as they were booed. They knew they blew the calls.

-our QB group is a tight unit. All 4 guys were constantly together and encouraging/congratulating each other-really great to see.

-the concessions were a mess. Long lines and demand much greater than supply-that needs to get fixed.

-Not a lot of masks in the crowd-maybe 20% or so.

-when Ronnie Bell was hurt-the crowd stood and was quiet. When they carted him off to the locker room he got an ovation by every section he passed. The kid is loved…

-This wasn’t at the stadium but my group had dinner at Mani and Coach Howard walked in. He was with his wife and Jace. The family just looks like rock stars…and they are so classy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News