ADVERTISEMENT

Early Rumblings on the- QB Rudock Rising

BTN said that in practice today Morris took first team reps today. Could be a smoke screen for the press.

There is a lot of about Shane getting more reps with the first team. Are you having doubts now, sc fan?
sugar Shane is making his move!! Can't quantify heart

Not buying it yet Blue Coral. Have never trusted the media and especially Gerry Dinardo who absolutely sucked as a head coach. Finally, it not uncommon for your backup QB to be taking snaps with the first team. I like Shane Morris and feel that his situation was terrible because of such a lack of coaching he received. If anyone can quickly mold him it will be Harbaugh. I don't see it happening though, however, it would certainly be a better team situation to have a two or three QB's ready to go. Besides, not letting the media leak too much is a good way to keep Utah guessing on which type of QB to defend. Watching Rudock's Iowa film will not be helpful because Harbaugh's offense is different and there is hardly any film on Shane and what they do have is not helpful because of his youth and the horrible scheme around him when he did play. Good situation for the Blue going into Utah.

Not buying it yet Blue Coral. Have never trusted the media and especially Gerry Dinardo who absolutely sucked as a head coach. Finally, it not uncommon for your backup QB to be taking snaps with the first team. I like Shane Morris and feel that his situation was terrible because of such a lack of coaching he received. If anyone can quickly mold him it will be Harbaugh. I don't see it happening though, however, it would certainly be a better team situation to have a two or three QB's ready to go. Besides, not letting the media leak too much is a good way to keep Utah guessing on which type of QB to defend. Watching Rudock's Iowa film will not be helpful because Harbaugh's offense is different and there is hardly any film on Shane and what they do have is not helpful because of his youth and the horrible scheme around him when he did play. Good situation for the Blue going into Utah.

I have a feeling they may both play, anyone else?

A
You guys are reading way too much into comments by the BTN. Our staff has revealed NOTHING about any players other than they are having a good camp and coming together. Gerry Dinardo knows NOTHING.
AGP. The last couple years Dinardo raved about how "physical" UM looked in camp, and Clappy's teams were soft as a cotton ball.

Reactions: Jordanc
A

AGP. The last couple years Dinardo raved about how "physical" UM looked in camp, and Clappy's teams were soft as a cotton ball.

Correct!!!! A month ago they were saying how Harbaugh has to have two years of recruiting to bring Michigan back and now they are reporting that they were wrong with that and Michigan has plenty of talent to win this year. Mouth runners who do not have a clue. DiNardo is clueless and I remember him talking about Michigan's toughness is being taught through Hoke's staff during practice. the BTN report this week revealed NOTHING about the QB or the team in general and Harbaugh would not even interview with them which is brilliant. They are a bunch of boobs!!!!!

Heard some early rumblings that Rudock is rising to the top in the QB race. Has anyone heard any different?

Rudock has 2 years of experience against B1G defenses and Shane has 1 game B1G experience. Rudock is priceless this season.

The QB competition reminds me of the Alex Smith vs. Kapernick situation when Harbaugh was in SF. Rudduck = Alex Smith, Kapernick = Shane Morris.
I think the "games played " argument is important, but over rated.

Live noise practice with band and students present. Rudock leading the first team to two TDs with ZERO mistakes. This is why he was brought in. He is the starter and Morris the backup. (Morris reportedly struggled leading the offense with several overthrows and one even landing in the student section)

After hearing about that practice, I will admit I was wrong. Good call by SCfan. He called it early on and was spot on. I hope we get 9 wins

After hearing about that practice, I will admit I was wrong. Good call by SCfan. He called it early on and was spot on. I hope we get 9 wins

Hey BlueCoral. Me and you are pulling for the same team and its not about me being right because I am not always right. I do, however, know that Harbaugh would have never gone after Rudock or O'korn for that matter if he felt comfortable about going into his Michigan debut with Shane Morris as the QB. I like Morris and feel that he was robbed of two years of crucial development. He was not coached at all and forced to take on roles which undoubtedly shook his confidence. It's not fair to him. He is still an integral part of this team. I do believe he will serve as the solid backup to Rudock and I do believe he will take some snaps to improve his play and no doubt he will receive the best coaching available at his position. His real battle will begin in January and he needs ot stay at UM to get a UM degree AND further his development to battle O'Korn who is really good right now. Shane has the size, arm strength and will get the coaching he needs to possibly push O'Korn for the postion next year (which will be tough) or stay a backup coached by Jim Harbaugh which could get him possibly into the NFL as a late rounder. Nevertheless- opinions aside, we are on the same team as Michigan fans and I respect my fellow Wolverines opinions. What I do not like on here is trolls from ND/OSU/PSU who come on here because they are worried about Harbaugh being in AA now. What is even worse is the idiots on here who make ignorant comments to me because I live in South Carolina and also pull for the Gamecocks and the SEC. I am a 100% Michigan fan first. Good luck brother.

I'm hearing that Morris is getting 75% of 1st team reps .... also get the feeling UM fans don't want him to win the job ..... hmmmm

I'm hearing that Morris is getting 75% of 1st team reps .... also get the feeling UM fans don't want him to win the job ..... hmmmm

UM fans want the best man for the job, period. UM fans trust Harbaugh who took an NFL team to the Super Bowl and Stanford to the Orange bowl. Reports are that Rudduck has been more consistent in practice. He has more completions and less turnovers, period. There is nothing against any of them. Best man starts, period. It's not complicated.

That is correct. if Shane Morris wins the job then I have been wrong and Harbaugh has done one hell of a coaching job. Harbaugh is the coach, however, and I believe he might know just a bit more than I ever will. if Shane wins then its good enough for me.

Good one ... LOL! ... I figured a clever response would be too much to expect

I guess I get why Morris winning the job would be disappointing
You aren't really this slow, are you? Nobody would be disappointed if Morris wins the job, many just don't think he can win the job.
I guess that distinction is a bit much for you.
Other than the stupid stuff, good post.

Rudock would be the safer start because of his experience but if I were a Michigan fan I would hope that under Harbaugh's tutelage Morris has made giant strides to the point where he could win the job outright. This based on the theory that Morris has a higher ceiling.

You aren't really this slow, are you? Nobody would be disappointed if Morris wins the job, many just don't think he can win the job.
I guess that distinction is a bit much for you.
Other than the stupid stuff, good post.

Nobody??? .... come back to reality ..... you have to ask yourself why people don't think he can win the job ... and it's not because Rudock is a preseason All-American

There are plenty

Nobody??? .... come back to reality ..... you have to ask yourself why people don't think he can win the job ... and it's not because Rudock is a preseason All-American

There are plenty
Okay, you ARE this slow. Please try to get smarter before you post any more. Thanks.

I expect Rudock to be named this week as the starter. If I have been wrong and Morris is starting then that's fine wiht me. I still want Michigan to win regardless of my predictions. Go Blue!!!!!!!

I expect Rudock to be named this week as the starter. If I have been wrong and Morris is starting then that's fine wiht me. I still want Michigan to win regardless of my predictions. Go Blue!!!!!!!
SC, you're wrong. We have been informed that even if Morris is the best choice, has a great year and throws 30 TDs, we will all be disappointed.

Ohh ... good point ... and to think you could've said "I know you are but what am I?"

Let me guess ... you shop at Walmart
We get it, you're not very bright. You're kind of beating a dead horse here, 'tard.
Another fine post, apart from the really stupid stuff. Let me guess...you retrieve carts at Walmart?

Last edited:
We get it, you're not very bright. You're kind of beating a dead horse here, 'tard.
Another fine post, apart from the really stupid stuff. Let me guess...you retrieve carts at Walmart?

It's nice to see someone make a valid points in regards to the football being discussed .... let me guess .... your 12

Tip: If you are going to try and insult someone ... try and make up a scenario where the other poster is a position below you

It's nice to see someone make a valid points in regards to the football being discussed .... let me guess .... your 12

Tip: If you are going to try and insult someone ... try and make up a scenario where the other poster is a position below you
Goodness, you truly are stupid-I assumed it was just an act.
Tip: If "your" going to make a point on here, try to back it up other than essentially saying "I said so". You're not very good at this.

Goodness, you truly are stupid-I assumed it was just an act.
Tip: If "your" going to make a point on here, try to back it up other than essentially saying "I said so". You're not very good at this.

What point did I make .... I pass along what I heard .... then pointed out that there are UM fans that will be disappointed if Morris starts .... true ... you can't prove otherwise

You don't like it and just mud sling

Something tells me you can play stupid all day every day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT