ADVERTISEMENT

BYU Was Har-Balled- Today in Ann Arbor

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Simply put- BYU was outcoached today in every facet of the game. Michigan is becoming a well oiled machine that relies on its defense which is absolutley outstanding against the run and pass. Offensively, the Wolverines are becoming very physical up front and the use of the fullback in the belly dive is awesome because you do not see it very much today in college football because everything is spread spread spread. Michigan's fullbacks killed BYU today in short yardage situations. Rudock is doing exactly what Harbaugh wants him to do and he is becoming more comortable throwing down field. This is the FIRST time in 30 years that I have witnessed Michigan's defense attacking and running modern schemes against today's speedy/spread offenses. The secondary scheme of showing man to zone/matchup man rolling from 2 deep safeties to 1 while bringing an ungodly amount of pressure was Michigan's defensive coaches outcoaching the BYU staff and especially with NFL schemes. I have never seen the Michigan secondary play this way and the pressure applied is what crushed BYU's passing game. The run defense is even more impressive. Everyone is saying that BYU was simply tired from theri schedule. I call bull on this. They have played a tough schedule and did what they had to to win and they were razor close to beating UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Today, they were whipped and they are a good football team. Look at Michigan (with the same players) and compare them to last year at this time. How in the hell can anyone say that Jim Harbaugh has not made a massive impact. Michigan is going to have a very good season and they are getting better each and every week. Three weeks from now, barring any major injuries, MSU is going to run into a very good football team when they come into Ann Arbor. The rivalry game is going to be a very good game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT