ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Thomas Fidone, Donovan McMillon, More

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** Michigan is going all in on three-star McMurray (Pa.) Peter's Township safety Donovan McMillon. I'm told that he is the top priority at the position, and that Jim Harbaugh and company have made it a full staff effort in the race for his services over the last week. McMillon could make a summer decision, and there seems to be growing confidence that Michigan is picking up steam here. With that said, Arizona State, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Penn State and Texas A&M are all strong contenders as well.

*** I'm sensing that confidence is going down with Rivals100 Council Bluffs (Iowa) Lewis Central tight end Thomas Fidone. Now, Michigan tight ends coach Sherrone Moore is in constant contact, and the Wolverines are still looking to host him for an unofficial visit, but this one isn't trending the right way, in my opinion. Nebraska still has a lot of pull, and I'm told LSU is making a surge here. We'll see if anything changes once Fidone can finally visit U-M (remember, he's never been to AA), but for now, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

*** So what does that mean for tight end recruiting? Michigan initially wanted two in the class, but the Wolverines may just stick with Rivals100 tight end commit Louis Hansen. Moore was back on the line with Hansen and his father this morning, and they are completely solid to the Wolverines. Moore is still actively recruiting four-star Seffner (Fla.) Christian Academy tight end Michael Trigg, but he seems like a long shot at this point.

*** Lastly, there have been some questions about Rivals250 Camden (N.J.) High cornerback Darian Chestnut. I'm told that Michigan is keeping in contact with him but that he's not super high on the corner board at this time. Now, that could certainly change. Corner options are a little thin, and I really like Chestnut as a prospect. I'm also told that Michigan is no longer pursuing three-star Brentwood (Tenn.) High cornerback John Howse IV, who was very high on U-M this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News