ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Rayshaun Benny, Donovan Edwards, LSU Commit

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** Rivals100 Oak Park (Mich.) High defensive tackle Rayshaun Benny is less than a week away from making his decision, but there hasn't been much movement over the last 24 hours. I checked in with a couple of sources today, and all I was told was that Michigan is continuing to chip away. Everyone from head coach Jim Harbaugh to defensive line coach Shaun Nua to area recruiter Sherrone Moore is involved here. It's a complete team effort. I'm not really sure there is much else Michigan can do at this point except continue to show him love throughout the week. Really, it's up to Benny at this point. As of this moment, Benny has yet to inform his finalists of any kind of decision.

*** What about fellow Rivals100 in-state prospect Donovan Edwards? I really like where Michigan stands here. It's hard for me to see him ending up elsewhere at this point in the process. Michigan running backs coach Jay Harbaugh has done an excellent job of working Edwards as of late, and the Wolverines are also doing a really nice job with his father. Edwards really respects the younger Harbaugh and even gets advice from him before games. On top of that, Jim Harbaugh mentioned Makari Paige as a standout today. Paige, who played with Edwards at West Bloomfield, is actively recruiting Edwards, and his success in Ann Arbor early on has Edwards' attention. Georgia and Oklahoma are still high on his mind, but Michigan makes too much sense.

*** With Benny and Rivals250 defensive lineman George Rooks not guarantees, a defensive lineman I would keep an eye on is LSU commit Anthony Hundley. I'm told Hundley is still exploring other options and isn't necessarily a solid commit to LSU. I'm also told that Hundley has legitimate interest in Michigan. I could see the Wolverines turning up the heat here. However, I believe some work in the classroom needs to be done. Still, Hundley is someone we shouldn't forget about. Remember, he is at IMG Academy with U-M quarterback commit JJ McCarthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News