ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Junior Colson, Thomas Fidone, Raheem Anderson

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I exchanged a few messages with Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood linebacker Junior Colson, and he told me that he is still 100 percent set on making a decision in May and does not want to rush anything. If you remember, Colson named Michigan his leader a couple of weeks and has been in constant communication with the staff. His mother is from Michigan and loves the program. However, this race is really starting to heat up. Tennessee has gone all out for Colson as of late. The Volunteers are doing everything the can to keep him home, and he has a couple of friends that are committed there. I think Tennessee has closed the gap, so it's definitely something to watch.

*** Michigan tight ends coach Sherrone Moore had a virtual film session with 2021 Rivals100 Council Bluffs (Iowa) Lewis Central tight end Thomas Fidone earlier today. According to a program source, the call went extremely well, and Fidone got a lot of his questions answered. Moore did a great job of showing Fidone how both he and commit Louis Hansen would be used in two tight end packages. Michigan is continuing to move in the right direction in this recruitment.

*** I put in a FutureCast pick in favor of Michigan for 2021 Rivals250 Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech offensive lineman Raheem Anderson last night. I still feel strongly about that pick and feel like Anderson could pull the trigger soon. Michigan State is still very involved here, but now that Anderson fully knows that he's wanted and is a priority at Michigan, this one makes too much sense. Again, I think this one could happen at any moment in the very near future.

*** Lastly, Michigan extended an offer to three-star Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco offensive lineman Maximus Gibbs a couple of months ago. I know there have been a couple of questions on the board about him. Michigan didn't really make a strong run at Gibbs, and nothing really progressed after the offer. Michigan did not make his Top 7 tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.