ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2023 EDGE target not taking OV this weekend

Zach Libby

Recruiting Editor
Staff
Nov 2, 2021
Three-star Joseph Mupoyi has confirmed with me that he’s not on campus this weekend. Mupoyi was initially reported to take his OV to Michigan starting today but plans have changed. According to the Washington D.C. native, he’s trying to get to Ann Arbor soon, but “has some stuff to fix with my prep school.”

Should Mupoyi be able to lock in a date before National Signing Day, I still believe that Michigan is the front runner to land him, even if I haven’t placed a FutureCast yet. The plan was to wait after the OV but that timeline will be extended.

Obviously, the connection with Mupoyi and Archbishop Carroll teammate Nyckoles Harbor could mean a package deal for them to both sign with Michigan. Mike Elston is looking to take a few EDGE rushers for the upcoming cycle and those within the program are high on Mupoyi’s upside and athletic nature.

We’ve also discussed how Brooks Bahr formed a close friendship with Mupoyi since the former committed back in March. The two visited for the spring game and really hit it off there. Bahr is even helping Elston with recruiting Mupoyi. Bahr is on campus this weekend for his only OV which would have the pair another opportunity to be together.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News