ADVERTISEMENT

so how many games does Notre Dumb win going forward?

run off your 2nd string QB and you know the football gods will rip your starter apart. I say no more than 4.

Still standing by your prediction? It looks a little low from my vantage point. ;)

As I said in another thread: ND is playing its third team QB, yet he's STILL better than Mich's starter.

Reactions: gregbell28
Those three wins are over all P5 teams in Texas, Virginia and #14 Georgia Tech (whom almost everyone predicted would blow out ND

Uh, young physicist the line was -2 or so, that's hardly "everyone's predicting a blowout territory." Enjoy the heady victories while we get ready to play the top two teams in the country later this year and one of the toughest road warrior teams next week. Enjoy Kelly, he would have easily been in my top 5-7 coaches for UM, obviously behind the elites like Harbaugh, Meyer and Saban, but a very solid capable coach. Enjoy that independent status too, it's sweet scheduling tough games around hand picked softies. Like most seasons in the last 30 years I highly doubt the high ranking for ND survives until late season.

Last edited:
Sorry. Re-reading these posts makes me chuckle.
Yeah, the bitterness over ND's cancellation runs deep around here, it was indefensible horseshit and we all know it, but I think beyond rooting for losses, I'm over ND and hope, honestly, never to see them play UM again. B10 looks like a great conference for years to come, lots of interesting potential games, ND FI can enjoy their independent status while the Power Fives suck the oxygen out of the national conversation, I'm convinced that ND will not be a highly significant factor in the future of college football unless they get into a conference, beyond playing an occasional game that peeks our interest. Those conference championship games, as the Big 12 found out, are way too important for settling the final playoff lineup. Cheers, play like champions, enjoy the leprechauns, shake down the thunder, thump Navy, etc., I'm with Bo!

Yeah, the bitterness over ND's cancellation runs deep around here, it was indefensible horseshit and we all know it, but I think beyond rooting for losses, I'm over ND and hope, honestly, never to see them play UM again. B10 looks like a great conference for years to come, lots of interesting potential games, ND FI can enjoy their independent status while the Power Fives suck the oxygen out of the national conversation, I'm convinced that ND will not be a highly significant factor in the future of college football unless they get into a conference, beyond playing an occasional game that peeks our interest. Those conference championship games, as the Big 12 found out, are way too important for settling the final playoff lineup. Cheers, play like champions, enjoy the leprechauns, shake down the thunder, thump Navy, etc., I'm with Bo!

Mich fans predict ND's demise as ND keeps winning and rising in the polls. I suppose time will tell whether ND has what it takes to go it alone, but regardless of its effect on its playoff chances, I wouldn't look for ND to align with any power 5 conference until the conferences decide whether they want to become semi-pro feeder leagues for the NFL. That is actually the larger issue for ND at present, and both the university president and the AD recently went on record saying if the power 5 conferences begin treating athletes as employees, ND is out.

Reactions: gregbell28
And cocky clowns ITT like this guy have NOTHING to say. LOLLLL. Great "win" against UNLV, fellas. Haaaa.
We were always leading and dominating our cupcake. You almost lost to yours.

Notre Dame fans are like cockroaches on this board. The second the light gets turned on (nd loss), you all scatter - never to been seen again. Until next season.

Notre Dame fans are like cockroaches on this board. The second the light gets turned on (nd loss), you all scatter - never to been seen again. Until next season.

NM

Last edited:
Hmmm. ND's "cupcake" was 15th ranked Georgia Tech, which came into ND Stadium as the favorite. Yet with under two minutes left in the game ND put it on cruise control, with a 30-7 lead.

Mich is improved, and I've been impressed with Harbaugh. If Mich can beat BYU, I think it has a good chance to win 9 games, which is more than I would have thought possible going into the season - even with Harbaugh at the helm.

But there is also ample time for Mich to lay an egg (as is also true for ND), because the meat of its schedule lies before it, and a loss vs BYU could contribute to a 5 loss season, with games vs MN, Northwestern, Mich St. and tOSU remaining.

Mich fans predict ND's demise as ND keeps winning and rising in the polls. I suppose time will tell whether ND has what it takes to go it alone, but regardless of its effect on its playoff chances, I wouldn't look for ND to align with any power 5 conference until the conferences decide whether they want to become semi-pro feeder leagues for the NFL. That is actually the larger issue for ND at present, and both the university president and the AD recently went on record saying if the power 5 conferences begin treating athletes as employees, ND is out.
Once again ND is not the only school that is concerned about academics and how players are treated. You guys had the chance to join a league that is very serious academically, with outstanding liberal arts programs that would have added to the research prestige of ND. You blew it and now you're chicken scratch for the ACC, all over an NBC contract. Period. I'm with Bo.

Once again ND is not the only school that is concerned about academics and how players are treated. You guys had the chance to join a league that is very serious academically, with outstanding liberal arts programs that would have added to the research prestige of ND. You blew it and now you're chicken scratch for the ACC, all over an NBC contract. Period. I'm with Bo.

LOL. Yeah, ND elected to (partially) ally itself with a league filled with all those frivolous party schools instead of the B1G academic heavyweights.

The 2015 U.S. News and World Report ranking of best national universities has 6 ACC universities ranked in the top 36 (Duke, UVa, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech) to the B1G's 2 (Northwestern and Michigan). The aforementioned ACC list does NOT include ND, which is itself ranked 19th.

The B1G has many formidable academic institutions within it, and I respect them greatly. But ND is hardly slumming it. :)

LOL. Yeah, ND elected to (partially) ally itself with a league filled with all those frivolous party schools instead of the B1G academic heavyweights.

The 2015 U.S. News and World Report ranking of best national universities has 6 ACC universities ranked in the top 36 (Duke, UVa, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech) to the B1G's 2 (Northwestern and Michigan). The aforementioned ACC list does NOT include ND, which is itself ranked 19th.

The B1G has many formidable academic institutions within it, and I respect them greatly. But ND is hardly slumming it. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does ND's relationship with the ACC include all the academic research advantages that would have been afforded with full-fledged, B10 membership and for which I understand professors at UND were advocating for in considering B10 membership years ago? Honestly, I don't know if ND has such a relationship with the ACC.

However, assuming the answer is "no" and you don't enjoy full membership in the ACC academic community, then my point stands, UND sacrifices academic relationships that would significantly deepen the academic research and partnership of its students and professors at the feet of the idols of football and NBC contracts. Also, you didn't read my note carefully, I didn't say the ACC was academic crap, of course they're not nor is UND, I said your relationship with the league is a joke.

Let me put a fine point on this, until you guys join a big boy league where you have to claw for 9-10 weeks every year to a conference championship that will determine whether you legitimately belong in the playoffs, you don't have my respect. Truth is, I believe UND would likely be another PSU in the B10 (we don't know for sure because of their stupid independent status) and their love of money keeps them on the conference sidelines, not some bullshit about Yost hating Catholics or independent tradition or whatever horse manure their fan base spews. UND has a sweet, hand-picked schedule, with comfortable, hand-picked buffers between tough games, not a largely mandated schedule by a conference office, and yet has failed for 30 years to produce a serious NC run, unless you count that ass-kicking a couple years ago.

I'm with Bo.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does ND's relationship with the ACC include all the academic research advantages that would have been afforded with full-fledged, B10 membership and for which I understand professors at UND were advocating for in considering B10 membership years ago? Honestly, I don't know if ND has such a relationship with the ACC.

However, assuming the answer is "no" and you don't enjoy full membership in the ACC academic community, then my point stands, UND sacrifices academic relationships that would significantly deepen the academic research and partnership of its students and professors at the feet of the idols of football and NBC contracts. Also, you didn't read my note carefully, I didn't say the ACC was academic crap, of course they're not nor is UND, I said your relationship with the league is a joke.

Let me put a fine point on this, until you guys join a big boy league where you have to claw for 9-10 weeks every year to a conference championship that will determine whether you legitimately belong in the playoffs, you don't have my respect. Truth is, I believe UND would likely be another PSU in the B10 (we don't know for sure because of their stupid independent status) and their love of money keeps them on the conference sidelines, not some bullshit about Yost hating Catholics or independent tradition or whatever horse manure their fan base spews. UND has a sweet, hand-picked schedule, with comfortable, hand-picked buffers between tough games, not a largely mandated schedule by a conference office, and yet has failed for 30 years to produce a serious NC run, unless you count that ass-kicking a couple years ago.

I'm with Bo.

Whoa. That's a mouthful, lol.

Suffice it to say that ND seems to be doing just fine advancing the interests of its students and alums absent any affiliation with the B1G universities. It cannot, and does not aspire to be the analogue of the large, publically-funded, research universities that predominate in the B1G. Its primary focus is on undergraduate education, at which it excels, by any standard.

And I have to laugh at what you describe as "claw(ing) for 9-10 weeks every year" to win a championship in the B1G. "Clawing" against whom? Purdue? Iowa? Illinois? Minnesota? Indiana? Rutgers? Maryland? Northwestern? That's over half the conference right there. For decades the Big 10 was really the "Big 2 and little 8", and now that it's expanded, little has changed in that regard.

You are, however, correct about ND hand-picking its schedule. It's hand picked to be among the most challenging in the country - as it traditionally is - and to ensure the team plays all over the country, and not regionally. You share the same ignorance about the significance of football revenue to ND that most detractors have in common. It may interest you to know that football revenue - from all sources, including the NBC contract - pays for 6% of the university's operating budget. That's it. ND's football independence is a matter of preference, not economic necessity.

Lol. Quite a difference between UNLV and Virginia, dummy. Dominating your cupcake, huh? Well I guess you clowns are ready for the big time then! How about the Ga Tech game, dummy? You dorks would have been run over by them. You need to know when to STFU......get it? But then again, you are known as a big asshole all over the rivals network.

Lol. Quite a difference between UNLV and Virginia, dummy. Dominating your cupcake, huh? Well I guess you clowns are ready for the big time then! How about the Ga Tech game, dummy? You dorks would have been run over by them. You need to know when to STFU......get it? But then again, you are known as a big asshole all over the rivals network.
Speaking of assholes...

Whoa. That's a mouthful, lol.

Suffice it to say that ND seems to be doing just fine advancing the interests of its students and alums absent any affiliation with the B1G universities. It cannot, and does not aspire to be the analogue of the large, publically-funded, research universities that predominate in the B1G. Its primary focus is on undergraduate education, at which it excels, by any standard.

And I have to laugh at what you describe as "claw(ing) for 9-10 weeks every year" to win a championship in the B1G. "Clawing" against whom? Purdue? Iowa? Illinois? Minnesota? Indiana? Rutgers? Maryland? Northwestern? That's over half the conference right there. For decades the Big 10 was really the "Big 2 and little 8", and now that it's expanded, little has changed in that regard.

You are, however, correct about ND hand-picking its schedule. It's hand picked to be among the most challenging in the country - as it traditionally is - and to ensure the team plays all over the country, and not regionally. You share the same ignorance about the significance of football revenue to ND that most detractors have in common. It may interest you to know that football revenue - from all sources, including the NBC contract - pays for 6% of the university's operating budget. That's it. ND's football independence is a matter of preference, not economic necessity.
I note that you exclude Michigan State, Ohio State (which has kicked your ass every time you've played them in the last 20 years), Michigan which you're .500 against, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Penn State from your little equation about difficult games.

Ah yes, the principled ND program that will not sell its soul to mammon or success, I recall when you guys were last relevant (a generation ago) that those principles were, shall we say, well sold and delivered down the river by your illustrious coach Holtz. Sorry fella, you must have been in your teens and oblivious to all the corner-cutting that Coach took to call down the thunder and awaken the echoes. Enjoy the ride before the storm topples the good ship ND, it always comes and she always obliges.

Bo was right....

Kellen, really going after it with post #4...way to go buddy, light on arguments, but lots of ad hominem. It's a start!

Ha!! I'm a legend on the entire Rivals network? Nice!

I think Temple could definitely upset ND in Philly. That won't be a shocker to me at all, but it sure will be for the domers. Temple is having a dream season for them. Solid defense. Tough quarterback. Great punter for field position. If I had a bookie I'd take Temple and the points in a second when that game rolls around.

Michigan has Won 42 conference championships, name the last ND coach to win a conference championship.
Name the last UM coach to win a consensus national title. That would be Fritz Crisler in 1948.

Since then, ND has had four coaches win consensus titles, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine & Lou.

You might want to use another comparison, maybe UM players majoring in Kinesiology?

I could are less about the history lessons. I am a huge UM fan and personally think ND is a really good football team this year. They have proven it and especially by whipping GT who is good. ND is also without starters so that says a bunch about recruiting and coaching. They are good and I pick them to beat Clemson in Clemson which is very difficult to do. They will have a great year.

I note that you exclude Michigan State, Ohio State (which has kicked your ass every time you've played them in the last 20 years), Michigan which you're .500 against, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Penn State from your little equation about difficult games.

Ah yes, the principled ND program that will not sell its soul to mammon or success, I recall when you guys were last relevant (a generation ago) that those principles were, shall we say, well sold and delivered down the river by your illustrious coach Holtz. Sorry fella, you must have been in your teens and oblivious to all the corner-cutting that Coach took to call down the thunder and awaken the echoes. Enjoy the ride before the storm topples the good ship ND, it always comes and she always obliges.

Bo was right....

Lolllll at this arrogant asshole thinking he is soooo right. Bringing up records from the past 20 years has exactly WHAT to do with how BAD the B1G is at this moment?? And you guys talk about ND living in the past....wowwww.

Name the last UM coach to win a consensus national title. That would be Fritz Crisler in 1948.

Since then, ND has had four coaches win consensus titles, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine & Lou.

You might want to use another comparison, maybe UM players majoring in Kinesiology?

Lolll!!! Whenever they show the player profiles to start the game good old Michy has been plastered with "Kinesiology" majors ad nauseum. Last true title was 67 years ago. Lulz.

I think Temple could definitely upset ND in Philly. That won't be a shocker to me at all, but it sure will be for the domers. Temple is having a dream season for them. Solid defense. Tough quarterback. Great punter for field position. If I had a bookie I'd take Temple and the points in a second when that game rolls around.

Lolll. You keep HOPING, buddy.

Lolll!!! Whenever they show the player profiles to start the game good old Michy has been plastered with "Kinesiology" majors ad nauseum. Last true title was 67 years ago. Lulz.
1997 was 67 years ago? That can't be right. Then again, your last one was late 70s, right?

Lolllll at this arrogant asshole thinking he is soooo right. Bringing up records from the past 20 years has exactly WHAT to do with how BAD the B1G is at this moment?? And you guys talk about ND living in the past....wowwww.

Thanks Kellen, that was really great, lot's of passion in post #10, and it's cool and exciting that you want to interject new words like "wowww". Keep working on those understanding context drills, I'm sure you're going to make progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT