ADVERTISEMENT

so how many games does Notre Dumb win going forward?

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
run off your 2nd string QB and you know the football gods will rip your starter apart. I say no more than 4.

NOTRE DAME is 2 and 0....Michigan is 1 and 1. End of story....As a Michigan man I do not like people here to lie....I still remember the 31 to 0 last year...because of ND....Go Blue and let's move on,,,,,,,

NOTRE DAME is 2 and 0....Michigan is 1 and 1. End of story....As a Michigan man I do not like people here to lie....I still remember the 31 to 0 last year...because of ND....Go Blue and let's move on,,,,,,,
Do you have to go back to your board and start a thread called, "As per Arrowhead Blue, Michigan would score 75 points against the Irish" or some other garbage?

pumpbeef is so much fun to f**k with I'll pay him a visit after Georgia Tech puts cleats up their butt. Their proud defense looked lost against a very weak Virginia team, their kicker was as bad as UM's. Does Kelly get the boot after a 6-6 season? Maybe I'll post that question on the ND board

they were a 2-3 loss team with Folston and Zaire; they are likely a 3-5 loss team w/o them despite the fact that their toughest games are only USC and Stanford.

Brian Kelly has been at ND 5 years. He has THREE 5-loss seasons and ONE 4-loss season during that time. That record would get a HC fired at Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Fla St, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, USC and a bunch of other places. Why anyone thinks this guy is a good D1 coach is beyond me.

Gruff, please get help. Your flaming is so transparent and pathetic. We all feel bad for you.

run off your 2nd string QB and you know the football gods will rip your starter apart. I say no more than 4.

Run off a backup QB? Who ran anyone off? At ND we call that "graduating", and once Golson had done that, his obligations to ND ceased. It was his decision to transfer to FSU for his last year of eligibility, which was his prerogative.

pumpbeef is so much fun to f**k with I'll pay him a visit after Georgia Tech puts cleats up their butt. Their proud defense looked lost against a very weak Virginia team, their kicker was as bad as UM's. Does Kelly get the boot after a 6-6 season? Maybe I'll post that question on the ND board

Kelly and ND will have a better season than Harbaugh does, because ND's 3rd team QB is still better than Mich's starter, and ND has better personnel across the board. Don't let your walkover against a bottom-dwelling Pac 12 team with a new head coach go to your heads.

Reactions: gregbell28
they were a 2-3 loss team with Folston and Zaire; they are likely a 3-5 loss team w/o them despite the fact that their toughest games are only USC and Stanford.

Brian Kelly has been at ND 5 years. He has THREE 5-loss seasons and ONE 4-loss season during that time. That record would get a HC fired at Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Fla St, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, USC and a bunch of other places. Why anyone thinks this guy is a good D1 coach is beyond me.

Kelly also has an undefeated regular season at ND with a national championship appearance to his credit. Name the last Mich head coach that can say the same.

Wow, more than a little obsessed with UM, I'd say. Completely understandable.

LOL. You do know you're within a thread started by Mich fans with ND as the topic, don't you?

Says the ND fan who's a regular on a UM board. I'm not criticizing you for your UM obsession. We get it.

UM is a program of interest to me, just as ND is clearly a program of interest to Mich fans, as this thread demonstrates. I actually came over to see Mich fan reactions to their game vs Oregon St. and see a thread about ND instead. Surprise, surprise......

UM is a program of interest to me, just as ND is clearly a program of interest to Mich fans, as this thread demonstrates. I actually came over to see Mich fan reactions to their game vs Oregon St. and see a thread about ND instead. Surprise, surprise......
We get it. No need to explain further. If I was an ND fan I would want to be more like Michigan, too.

Kelly and ND will have a better season than Harbaugh does, because ND's 3rd team QB is still better than Mich's starter, and ND has better personnel across the board. Don't let your walkover against a bottom-dwelling Pac 12 team with a new head coach go to your heads.
You had to have a last second miracle to beat a team you were behind in all damn game.

It was Virginia.

Virginia.

Considering how it worked out, I wouldn't exactly call it a shining moment. But to answer your question: it was Lloyd Carr - and we won ours.
I think ND did hoist a banner the next year reading, "We Blew our Shot"...why the hell you would boast about that beat-down is beyond me.

Kelly also has an undefeated regular season at ND with a national championship appearance to his credit. Name the last Mich head coach that can say the same.

who cares? They were DECIMATED in the bowl game. Everyone who watched cfb in 2012 knows ND had no business being in that game. They probably were the equivalent of a 5th place team in the SEC. But for bogus officiating or just blind luck, they had absolutely no business beating Pitt or Stanford. Again, Kelly is in his 6th season and has virtually NOTHING of any significance to show for it. A BCS Sugar Bowl win by Hoke far exceeds any bowl VICTORY of Kelly's.

I don't necessarily disagree with this. But Kelly is in year 6 and Harbaugh is in midst of year 1. ND ought to be WAY ahead of UM.

And don't let your big road victory over VA go to yours our friend. Kelly perhaps has hit his ceiling as a coach (solid in many respects but not quite ready for prime time, probably not annually competing for the crown). Harbaugh has a track record of big time success (not the smoke and mirrors of 2012) and we are seeing some traction. Enjoy yours, because we damn sure have found our ship's captain.

Oh, and like Bo said...

And don't let your big road victory over VA go to yours our friend. Kelly perhaps has hit his ceiling as a coach (solid in many respects but not quite ready for prime time, probably not annually competing for the crown). Harbaugh has a track record of big time success (not the smoke and mirrors of 2012) and we are seeing some traction. Enjoy yours, because we damn sure have found our ship's captain.

Oh, and like Bo said...

The VA game is not going to my head, lol. It was a reality check, in fact. Though I'll be curious to see how Virginia's season goes from this point forward. They were far better than Texas, for sure.

Soon enough ND will know what it has (or doesn't have, as the case may be). In the next six games ND plays three ranked teams, starting with GT this weekend. And that six game stretch also includes un-ranked (for now) Temple, which beat the tar out of PSU.

So soon enough you're be able to jeer, jeer at ol' Notre Dame if Kelly is the lame duck some of you believe him to be. But if he can somehow keep the wheels on as starters drop left and right......

The VA game is not going to my head, lol. It was a reality check, in fact. Though I'll be curious to see how Virginia's season goes from this point forward. They were far better than Texas, for sure.

Soon enough ND will know what it has (or doesn't have, as the case may be). In the next six games ND plays three ranked teams, starting with GT this weekend. And that six game stretch also includes un-ranked (for now) Temple, which beat the tar out of PSU.

So soon enough you're be able to jeer, jeer at ol' Notre Dame if Kelly is the lame duck some of you believe him to be. But if he can somehow keep the wheels on as starters drop left and right......
S&C coach. Get a new one.

I actually like Kelly I just think ND fans are insufferably hard on their coaches and they tend to just wear them out. I do wonder if they were in a conference, where intermediate goals like a conference championship matter, a lot of ND fans wouldn't be more pleased with progress and actually stop pretending they are the only national team around when there are 8-10 of us. This was true thirty years ago, now we have UM, ALA, OSU, USC, TX, FLA, FSU, etc that can recruit anywhere in the country., have rabid followings, etc. ESPN assured the end of the oddity of ND's unique, national school identity.

I think the reality of their "independence" hit home when the recruits realized the only way Notre Dumb makes the "show" is by going undefeated. USC, FSU, even Tech can end the dream before November

I think the reality of their "independence" hit home when the recruits realized the only way Notre Dumb makes the "show" is by going undefeated. USC, FSU, even Tech can end the dream before November
if you believe anything you see on tv most "pros" are saying ND likely keeps out a P5 champ if they finish 11-1 - so really the joke is on the conferences not "independent" ND

also for the kelly bashers (and i'm one too from time to time) i believe ND is now one of only 10 programs with at least 8 wins over the past 5 seasons - not my favorite stat but i'll take it. he was also coach of the year in 2009 and 2012 - is 2nd only to Bob Stoops in most FBS wins since 2001 and has an undefeated regular season and national championship game under his belt. he's not exactly urban meyer but then again he graduates players at one of the highest rates in CFB which we all know is an albatross around the neck of winning in major CFB but thus is life at ND.

if you believe anything you see on tv most "pros" are saying ND likely keeps out a P5 champ if they finish 11-1 - so really the joke is on the conferences not "independent" ND

also for the kelly bashers (and i'm one too from time to time) i believe ND is now one of only 10 programs with at least 8 wins over the past 5 seasons - not my favorite stat but i'll take it. he was also coach of the year in 2009 and 2012 - is 2nd only to Bob Stoops in most FBS wins since 2001 and has an undefeated regular season and national championship game under his belt. he's not exactly urban meyer but then again he graduates players at one of the highest rates in CFB which we all know is an albatross around the neck of winning in major CFB but thus is life at ND.
No, Kelly is really a very solid coach, the ND faithful on the other hand want Jesus to come off the building and be their coach, nothing short will do. It's why they've largely been in the wilderness for a generation.

I think the academic crock about ND being at a academic disadvantage went out the window long ago and I'm sick of hearing that excuse. You know we UM grads actually think our school is kind of academically challenging, granting our theology department isn't what ND's is, but we make up for it in just about every other dept.

No, Kelly is really a very solid coach, the ND faithful on the other hand want Jesus to come off the building and be their coach, nothing short will do. It's why they've largely been in the wilderness for a generation.

I think the academic crock about ND being at a academic disadvantage went out the window long ago and I'm sick of hearing that excuse. You know we UM grads actually think our school is kind of academically challenging, granting our theology department isn't what ND's is, but we make up for it in just about every other dept.

well perhaps the fans are unreasonable but certainly that's a CFB tradition not an ND tradition - Willingham remains the only coach in school history to not get 5 years so ND is actually much better than most

yes and no regarding academics being a drag on football success. sure UM kids face similar school challenges to ND kids but i'm not sure the coach does. harbaugh is told to win or else just look at the money...Kelly makes about a quarter of what harbaugh makes AND is demanded to graduate 95%+ so it's a far tougher job and therefore harder to fill with top candidates and that DOES impact winning in the long run. Likely why Urban has shown little to no interest

well perhaps the fans are unreasonable but certainly that's a CFB tradition not an ND tradition - Willingham remains the only coach in school history to not get 5 years so ND is actually much better than most

yes and no regarding academics being a drag on football success. sure UM kids face similar school challenges to ND kids but i'm not sure the coach does. harbaugh is told to win or else just look at the money...Kelly makes about a quarter of what harbaugh makes AND is demanded to graduate 95%+ so it's a far tougher job and therefore harder to fill with top candidates and that DOES impact winning in the long run. Likely why Urban has shown little to no interest
I think if you looked closer at UM's expectations you'd find there's very serious attention given to academic success, probably not contractuly, but culturally. We did hire after all a guy who called out UM academically (wrongly he later admitted).

Last edited:

This must be dumb prediction # 1,000,000 by you. Let me guess your next prediction, UM is going to win the Big1 this year? Why don't you hit the reset and try making predictions about something you know about (not football). Maybe something to do with trailer parks?

This must be dumb prediction # 1,000,000 by you. Let me guess your next prediction, UM is going to win the Big1 this year? Why don't you hit the reset and try making predictions about something you know about (not football). Maybe something to do with trailer parks?
I predict you will be evicted from your trailer park soon and be on to the next one. It's a hard life for you

CBF, I should have known that if I mentioned something about trailer parks, you'd jump right in. You have an incredible amount of experience in this area. Are you and Arrowhead trailer-mates?

Well, ND is 3-0 and may climb higher than its current #8 ranking with a third string QB and a third string RB along with a ton of other injuries.

Those three wins are over all P5 teams in Texas, Virginia and #14 Georgia Tech (whom almost everyone predicted would blow out ND).

Brian Kelly is 48-20 at ND. Not bad at all.

Reactions: gregbell28
CBF, I should have known that if I mentioned something about trailer parks, you'd jump right in. You have an incredible amount of experience in this area. Are you and Arrowhead trailer-mates?
You brought it up. Don't be ashamed that you live in a trailer. Everyone can't be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT