ADVERTISEMENT

Rashad Weaver

Credit for admitting your 2007 opinion.

I will conjecture to say that among Michigan fans as whole --- in some "alternate universe" where Michigan averages 10 wins a year in the 2008-2014 era and sprinkles in a few B1G Championships (e.g., repeats what Lloyd Carr did), yet is looking for a new Head Coach ---- Harbaugh is generally a non-starter as an option.

Is what it is. Lose some games, standards change.

What bullshit! It's a little bit more complicated than that. Harbaugh was an absolute hero to Michigan fans as a player. Then they were understandably upset about his comments at Stanford. Don't you think any fan base would be? Then 7-8 years pass and people forgive and forget, not to mention Harbaugh apologizes.
Seems simple enough.

But you want to twist the fact that any Michigan fan likes Harbaugh as a way to impugn our integrity. Can you tell us what the weather is like up there in your ivory tower?

This board and our opinions --- it of course means jack-shit in the big picture.

(of course, we're still here --- so I guess that says something about us)

I get it. There is a sub-set of Michigan fans who think these three things: (1) Jim Harbaugh was the devil incarnate in the summer of 2007, and his "Michigan Man" card should be taken away permanently. (2) After 8 years of average-to-good, but never Championship-level, football, Harbaugh became the savior and a man above reproach, because he will be the man who will slay the evil-doers to the southeast (Urban) and northwest (Dantonio).

Fair enough. As the renowned philosopher Ted DiBiase said, we ALL have our price.
Umm. Where's #3? I'd like to see that one before I commit.

Go Blue!

What about your integrity? Are you demanding that Harbaugh be fired? Canceling your season tickets? Oh no, just bitching on a message board?
I haven't bitched and have been very straightforward in simply pointing out that Harbs has been less than truthful with these kids. One might be an anomaly but there is a definite pattern here.

It's smarmy -- that's all.

When did I say Harbaugh should be fired?

You strike me as a guy who doesn't commit to anything, no wonder your own board doesn't trust you, and any inclination to turn to Springsteen is probably inspired by the fact that our coach is robbing his home state blind of every talented football player in order to come here and beat Penn State's ass for the next decade. Enjoy I certainly will.

Doesn't commit to anything? What???

I'm 100% ALL-IN as regards JoePa morally failed in the Sandusky affair. And I've been that way since the very beginning. THAT is why "my own board" doesn't trust me.

The Springsteen reference was in regards to "Glory Days." E.g., a 47-year-old man recalling his collegiate intramural flag football days.

So let's say U-M wins big over PSU over the next decade. Well, we've been there, we've done that --- 1997-2007 era. Life goes on. It's just a game --- I don't gamble on it and neither am I 22 any more --- the final score doesn't personally affect me.

Call me a "loser" for having that attitude, fine, fair enough.

Well, since the "you're not an alumni" and "how much do you give to UM" non sequiturs aren't quite getting traction, you'll head off in another direction still thinking you're arguing a valid point based on something you failed to and cannot establish.

Now you're asking us to take you seriously when wondering about optics when talking about the most visible, media savvy coach in football. Have fun working that one, "fellow UM alum". My guess, given the way you reason, you majored in sociology, where no argument is safe from illogic.
Another slippery slope argument from a Harbaugh slurper.

Being media savvy is not the point -- a lot of used car salesmen share that trait. Not lying to kids is the issue.

Sorry that simple point evades your even simpler mind.

And, no, I didn't major in sociology -- but nice try.

Another slippery slope argument from a Harbaugh slurper.

Being media savvy is not the point -- a lot of used car salesmen share that trait. Not lying to kids is the issue.

Sorry that simple point evades your even simpler mind.

And, no, I didn't major in sociology -- but nice try.
The optics, the optics...I'm guessing you minored in optometry, probably out of an office in the Nat Sci Building and I think it's safe to conclude you didn't go through the philosophy dept, because you sure as hell don't know what a logical fallacy is, Mr "Slippery Slope (or is it Soap?)".

Last edited:
What bullshit! It's a little bit more complicated than that. Harbaugh was an absolute hero to Michigan fans as a player. Then they were understandably upset about his comments at Stanford. Don't you think any fan base would be? Then 7-8 years pass and people forgive and forget, not to mention Harbaugh apologizes.
Seems simple enough.

But you want to twist the fact that any Michigan fan likes Harbaugh as a way to impugn our integrity. Can you tell us what the weather is like up there in your ivory tower?

What's complicated? You were upset. But instead of a tempered objection, you went the "Mike Hart route" --- permanently revoke Harbaugh's "Michigan Man card, excommunicate him from the family!!!"

Both Mike Hart and some Michigan fans treated Jim Harbaugh very poorly in August 2007. I said that then and I say it now.

It's alright to say "some of us were wrong, JH deserved better back then."

The optics, the optics...I'm guessing you minored in optometry, probably out of an office in the Nat Sci Building and I think it's safe to conclude you didn't go through the philosophy dept, because you sure as hell don't know what a logical fallacy is, Mr "Slippery Slope (or is it Soap?)".
I am a VP at a Tier 1, punk -- take your sophomoric "sociology" meme elsewhere.

Based on your lack of basic writing skills, I am guessing you are really an EMU grad posing as a Wolverine.

Yes, the optics matter and Harbaugh has played fast and loose with the ethics here. I was a UM fan before Harbaugh's balls dropped and will be after he is gone, too. Maybe you can ignore the way he has played this but I can't.

I am surprised a flag football hero like you has the time to post all day on this board like you do. But I guess it gets boring at 7-11, doesn't it. Two can play your stupid game.

Well, since the "you're not an alumni" and "how much do you give to UM" non sequiturs aren't quite getting traction, you'll head off in another direction still thinking you're arguing a valid point based on something you failed to and cannot establish.

Now you're asking us to take you seriously when wondering about optics when talking about the most visible, media savvy coach in football. Have fun working that one, "fellow UM alum". My guess, given the way you reason, you majored in sociology, where no argument is safe from illogic.

"You're not an alumni".

Yeah, I would never say that as "alumni" is the plural form of "alumnus" and should never be used in the context of a singular subject noun.

Way to go, genius...

Stupid is no way to go through life...did you get into UM due to some some sort of short bus dispensation? Maybe a flag football schollie? LOL...

What's complicated? You were upset. But instead of a tempered objection, you went the "Mike Hart route" --- permanently revoke Harbaugh's "Michigan Man card, excommunicate him from the family!!!"

Both Mike Hart and some Michigan fans treated Jim Harbaugh very poorly in August 2007. I said that then and I say it now.

No one was wrong. He took a shot at the school. We were pissed. Then he apologized. He came back. We are friends again.
It's not that hard.

If someone in your life pisses you off, do you stay pissed off forever?

You seem to be having an issue with this - it's troubling you far more than it should as a non fan.

I am a VP at a Tier 1, punk -- take your sophomoric "sociology" meme elsewhere.

Based on your lack of basic writing skills, I am guessing you are really an EMU grad posing as a Wolverine.

Yes, the optics matter and Harbaugh has played fast and loose with the ethics here. I was a UM fan before Harbaugh's balls dropped and will be after he is gone, too. Maybe you can ignore the way he has played this but I can't.

I am surprised a flag football hero like you has the time to post all day on this board like you do. But I guess it gets boring at 7-11, doesn't it. Two can play your stupid game.
Well, Mr. VP at tier 1, you keep switching the subject line every time someone responds to your asinine lines of argument, "did you graduate from UM", "How much do you give to UM", "The optics are horrible", yadda, yadda.

I'm very happy with my IOE degree from UM (which has allowed me lots of flexibility with my work day-which by the way Mr. VP you've kept up quite nicely from your executive office), enjoying life as a football fan with my team on the upswing, and loving every minute of the resurgence to the standards I enjoyed from 1985-90 as a student (3 Big 10 championships, 1 #2 finish, 4-1 vs OSU, 4-1 vs MSU partially with Jim Harbaugh, whom I think the world of, at the QB helm).

So Mr. VP, you can go find another team, root for this one, we don't give a damn because, truth be told Mr VP from tier 1, you'll be cheering loudly and bragging at the office about your alma mater long after you've recovered from whatever you conjecture, and that's all the sufficient info you have to run with, happened here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draidan14
"You're not an alumni".

Yeah, I would never say that as "alumni" is the plural form of "alumnus" and should never be used in the context of a singular subject noun.

Way to go, genius...

Stupid is no way to go through life...did you get into UM due to some some sort of short bus dispensation? Maybe a flag football schollie? LOL...
We could go down the language road if you would like, I can go in Latin, Greek, German, or English...your choice, how about it Mr. VP? Can you decline alumnus off the top of your head, or do you want to continue your shiney object approach to interaction? I'll wait while you Google declension, figure out what that means, and make up a comeback. And it was an engineering schollie...

You obviously failed Latin given your inability to properly differentiate between singular and plural form usage. I studied enough to know how to properly use "alumni" and how to decline nouns and adjectives, too.

"Shiney" (sic)? Cross English off your list, too, pal.

Given your illiteracy, it was obviously a flag football scholarship -- what a stud.

A true lightweight.

Yeah, I know a lot of guys from the '85 team -- Hammer was my freshman roommate, in fact, and we're still in touch. Do you know Harbaugh personally? I did as did many of my current friends. He was a good football player but not much of a human being. He was renowned for being a douche bag at PiHi BTW (my alma mater) before UM (where we lived in the same dorm).

John was very cool though.

My guess is you're just a pathetic fan boy who never knew him and is willing to overlook anything to relive your (cough, gasp) former greatness..

You've lost track of the point: Harbaugh has played fast and lose with offers and commitments. That doesn't seem to bother you -- I disagree.

You obviously failed Latin given your inability to properly differentiate between singular and plural form usage. I studied enough to know how to properly use "alumni" and how to decline nouns and adjectives, too.

"Shiney" (sic)? Cross English off your list, too, pal.

Given your illiteracy, it was obviously a flag football scholarship -- what a stud.

A true lightweight.
And the argumentative switches continue, leaving you only with ad hominem attacks. Like I said, you'll cheer as loudly as anyone when UM wins with this ethically challenged coach that you loathe. And your petty grammatical arguments will mean nothing as will your half-baked moralizing based on theorizing and, as you admit here, your animus against Harbaugh, long standing it sounds like. Too bad your buddy Brady didn't work out and Carr failed miserably to produce a replacement, that must have been especially painful for nepotistic alums like you that love true blue bloods that float above all that is common and don't get their hands dirty in such earthy pursuits like recruiting and player development.

Damn right I love Harbaugh, love what he brings to this program to correct 15 years of lazy practices and off the field, and don't give a rats ass who you allegedly know or who you allegedly communicate with. He brings every thing that Bo brought to the table and will bring this team to greatness again. And Mr VP you'll be singing his praises along with the rest of us.

Know I know that NWestern has a board but no one posts there. Lion fans are hopping mad about injustices, too. Looks like they'll lose at least 3 to UM as flips. But that's okay? The problem was the JH won too quickly.

And the argumentative switches continue, leaving you only with ad hominem attacks. Like I said, you'll cheer as loudly as anyone when UM wins with this ethically challenged coach that you loathe. And your petty grammatical arguments will mean nothing as will your half-baked moralizing based on theorizing and, as you admit here, your animus against Harbaugh, long standing it sounds like. Too bad your buddy Brady didn't work out and Carr failed miserably to produce a replacement, that must have been especially painful for nepotistic alums like you that love true blue bloods that float above all that is common and don't get their hands dirty in such earthy pursuits like recruiting and player development.

Damn right I love Harbaugh, love what he brings to this program to correct 15 years of lazy practices and off the field, and don't give a rats ass who you allegedly know or who you allegedly communicate with. He brings every thing that Bo brought to the table and will bring this team to greatness again. And Mr VP you'll be singing his praises along with the rest of us.

Pot, meet kettle.

I watched you insult people time and time again here before chiming in.

I generally do hold some animus against assholes and that is exactly what Harbaugh was in high school and college. That continued on into his adult life with his alleging he was steered out of a history major (in which he obviously couldn't succeed as he couldn't read past an elementary school level). That was incredibly self-serving and immature. And let's not forget his drunk driving ticket in Cali.

He's a very good coach but is already cutting some ethical corners and I'll never be on board with the latter. Knowing him as long as I have, this does not at all come as a surprise.

My criticisms of your language abilities don't stop at grammar as your writing deficiencies (despite your claims to having been an academic scholarship recipient) don't stop there and embarrass me as a fellow UM grad. What was your schollie based upon? Certainly it wasn't your academic prowess.

Do you always make assumptions like "blue bloods"? How do you know how I felt about Hoke (he should have been fired immediately after the Shane Morris incident IMO)? What is a "nepotistic alum" (it appears you are trying to use words you don't understand again).

And I clearly don't care what an illiterate idiot like you believes.

Pot, meet kettle.

I watched you insult people time and time again here before chiming in.

I generally do hold some animus against assholes and that is exactly what Harbaugh was in high school and college. That continued on into his adult life with his alleging he was steered out of a history major (in which he obviously couldn't succeed as he couldn't read past an elementary school level). That was incredibly self-serving and immature. And let's not forget his drunk driving ticket in Cali.

He's a very good coach but is already cutting some ethical corners and I'll never be on board with the latter. Knowing him as long as I have, this does not at all come as a surprise.

My criticisms of your language abilities don't stop at grammar as your writing deficiencies (despite your claims to having been an academic scholarship recipient) don't stop there and embarrass me as a fellow UM grad. What was your schollie based upon? Certainly it wasn't your academic prowess.

Do you always make assumptions like "blue bloods"? How do you know how I felt about Hoke (he should have been fired immediately after the Shane Morris incident IMO)? What is a "nepotistic alum" (it appears you are trying to use words you don't understand again).

And I clearly don't care what an illiterate idiot like you believes.
Glad we've clarified that you hate Harbaugh. Suspected that all along. You're in the minority of fans and alums and former football players on that. Bye.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3

Oh, please, this is so overwrought.

I posted some negative things on this message board that Harbaugh never read. You want me to call him up and apologize? HAA!

Oh, please, this is so overwrought.

I posted some negative things on this message board that Harbaugh never read. You want me to call him up and apologize? HAA!

Next time you wonder why JoeBots exist, remember this. Some folk --- even when they're simply anonymous on the internet --- simply can't say the words: "I made a mistake, I had an incorrect opinion once, I was wrong then."

Next time you wonder why JoeBots exist, remember this. Some folk --- even when they're simply anonymous on the internet --- simply can't say the words: "I made a mistake, I had an incorrect opinion once, I was wrong then."

I still think what Harbaugh said in 2007 was wrong. And so does Jim, as he has said.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. See my changing opinion of RichRod. Boy was I wrong there!

In this case, I don't think I was wrong. What's the problem with that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT