ADVERTISEMENT

MSU Game Thread

AGP.
Do the EL Burger Kings give away those ghey as hell spartoon headpiece things? It's bad enough to be a spartoon, no need to add to it.
MSU going back to smash mouth football. Surprised at how well they are power running. Taking the blitz out of the UM defense.

Well done.

Gotta give Dantonio a ton of credit...again. Bleed the clock and try and control the clock. Thought it would be close in the 1st half.

Just surprised at how they have really outmanned UM up front other than that the 1st 4th down.

RM

Good strategy by MSU to limit the possessions in the game... Don Brown gonna send some bltizes both vs the run and pass..

Well, MSU has folded in the 2nd half of every game. We will make the adjustments at halftime and roll. God, I hope so.

Big play by Speight. Had a couple of long passes today where the wr almost dropped the ball. Ugly catch is good enough.

RM

Surprised we didn't see Peppers down there...probably saving some plays but I would have used him.

RM

God damn field goal. Great.

This game isn't going too well so far. Need to get a stop on D. Hard to believe I am saying that.

God damn field goal. Great.

This game isn't going too well so far. Need to get a stop on D. Hard to believe I am saying that.
It could be worse. My gut told me before the game that MSU would fight hard and this game was on the road. All things considered...UM weathered the early storm and responded offensively.

Just need to put just some slight separation in before halftime if possible. I would take 10 pts and the ball in the 2nd half. We will see.

RM

A month or so ago I said something that was hyperbole...that Peppers was one of the 10 best UM defensive players I have seen. That really isn't true. What is True is that Peppers is one of ten best overall UM players I have seen and most of his greatness comes from his ST's and his offensive skill.

Peppers is a jack of all trades type of guy with some weaknesses. Heck of a player but as some said awhile back...he is really a better offensive player in the right system than a defensive player in the right system.

Kick the fg. Smart to run off time but if you are a high level team you have to make fg's in certain situations. Alabama would kick.

I don't have a problem with trying to draw them offsides.

This is probably the ball game if you are MSU right now.

My heart was sinking on that run back. I understand why MSU felt the need to try and score. They are down 14 pts and they haven't stopped UM offensively and not getting the ball to start the 3rd qtr but not a smart move.

Watch out for the onside kick to start the 2nd half.

We all knew there was a chance they would score , a chance they would be fired up and play their best....but as Mike Heart said...."sometimes you let your little brother score and get up, then you take it away from them" in Q2, we started taking it away from them ...I feel real good about this game

The Freshman in this game are so much better than MSU its ridiculous. A major credit to Harbaugh's recruiting guys!!!! Look at so mnay of them who re playing and having an impact. Bush Jr. is a monster on special teams

We all knew there was a chance they would score , a chance they would be fired up and play their best....but as Mike Heart said...."sometimes you let your little brother score and get up, then you take it away from them" in Q2, we started taking it away from them ...I feel real good about this game
Not sure who Mike Heart is, but good post...

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
The Freshman in this game are so much better than MSU its ridiculous. A major credit to Harbaugh's recruiting guys!!!! Look at so mnay of them who re playing and having an impact. Bush Jr. is a monster on special teams
Glad you mentioned Bush Jr.
He's been a beast on ST, I agree.
He did kinda get away with a targeting though I think.

In a strange way the INT worked out well for UM. Bled the clock although it potentially took away points. Rather have points but the Darboh got them out of the endzone area.

RM

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT