ADVERTISEMENT

Let me say his upfront about playing Sparty

Yes, um has 42 Big Ten titles. That and $5.50 will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee.

BTW, kids being recruited today were toddlers when UM won it's last Big Ten championship.

You just proved you haven't a clue, as I suspected, don't know the meaning of the word relevant.

You mock Big Ten titles, that's hilarious.

I'll ask again, how many has MSU won?

Go Blue. Always.

Ok, I have a theory - Eric is 8 years old and should have no access to his laptop. Sorry Eric, you want me to pull up a thread where you were talking about how amazing the Spartan D was going to be and Narduzzi was not the reason for the D but instead it was Dantonio? Or perhaps how Dantonio personally sent you an email and said this is his "best" team ever? Now your record is still great, but your team is walking on a tight rope man - this team is not nearly half as good as last year's team. You miss Narduzzi. You miss your NFL talent. You may very well end up having the same type of season like ND did in 2012, somehow just eeking out games, but you are not a very good team right now.

As for you bragging about your 2 NTs - talk to any normal person not named Eric or an 8-year old die-hard MSU fan and they will tell you that the body of work for Michigan is at least 5x better then MSU's since MSU joined the BIG...if you can find me someone not named Eric or Mark D that can tell me otherwise, please send them over to our board.

Now as for the game - it will be a tough game. I think it will be a toss up. MSU will play with a lot of emotions and Michigan will play with a lot of confidence and doubt mixed in. If Michigan can score early in the game, they will win but if MSU's D can keep Michigan's offense in check the first half, MSU will slip past us. Either way it will be a great game.

Michigan has 42 Big Ten titles.

How many does MSU have?

Go Blue. Always.

Not that anyone necessarily cares about MY opinion ---- but while history is nice, 6-1 over the last 7 years along with 2 B1G Championships (versus none) is nicer.

As the Wise Philosopher Ric Flair says: "To be The Man, you gotta beat The Man." Like it or not, MSU is "The Man" right now in this rivalry.

Go out and punch MSU in the mouth and take the "Belt."

Pointing to history or pointing to various reasons why MSU "became the Man" (Rich Rod, Hoke, Lloyd Carr left no players, Dantonio is a jag-off, et cetera ............) ---------- pffffffft, irrelevant.

IMO.

Ok, I have a theory - Eric is 8 years old and should have no access to his laptop. Sorry Eric, you want me to pull up a thread where you were talking about how amazing the Spartan D was going to be and Narduzzi was not the reason for the D but instead it was Dantonio? Or perhaps how Dantonio personally sent you an email and said this is his "best" team ever? Now your record is still great, but your team is walking on a tight rope man - this team is not nearly half as good as last year's team. You miss Narduzzi. You miss your NFL talent. You may very well end up having the same type of season like ND did in 2012, somehow just eeking out games, but you are not a very good team right now.

As for you bragging about your 2 NTs - talk to any normal person not named Eric or an 8-year old die-hard MSU fan and they will tell you that the body of work for Michigan is at least 5x better then MSU's since MSU joined the BIG...if you can find me someone not named Eric or Mark D that can tell me otherwise, please send them over to our board.

Now as for the game - it will be a tough game. I think it will be a toss up. MSU will play with a lot of emotions and Michigan will play with a lot of confidence and doubt mixed in. If Michigan can score early in the game, they will win but if MSU's D can keep Michigan's offense in check the first half, MSU will slip past us. Either way it will be a great game.
I love coming here. Been a member of Rivals since the late-90's and I never knew how much fun it was.

You're right, HOPEFULLY it will be a great game.

BTW, as I said in another post, MSU has been mediocre for most of the past four decades and UM has been good for most of those years. BUT MSU has had its moments. And we do live in the here-and-now, and MSU is on a 30-3 run.

Not that anyone necessarily cares about MY opinion ---- but while history is nice, 6-1 over the last 7 years along with 2 B1G Championships (versus none) is nicer.

As the Wise Philosopher Ric Flair says: "To be The Man, you gotta beat The Man." Like it or not, MSU is "The Man" right now in this rivalry.

Pointing to history or pointing to various reasons why MSU "became the Man" (Rich Rod, Hoke, Lloyd Carr left no players, Dantonio is a jag-off, et cetera ............) ---------- pffffffft, irrelevant.

IMO.

The very second something happens, it is history. Some want to slice most of it away to make a point, but it's still there, on the books.

Go BLUE. Always.

The very second something happens, it is history. Some want to slice most of it away to make a point, but it's still there, on the books.

Go BLUE. Always.

Fair enough, but it does remind me of the Bruce Springsteen song ............. "time slips away and leaves you with nothing mister but boring stories"

It's time for U-M to go create a new story in the here & now. The opportunity is there.

Fair enough, but it does remind me of the Bruce Springsteen song ............. "time slips away and leaves you with nothing mister but boring stories"

Not worried about it. Michigan being 1-6 in the series the past seven years doesn't seem to have rendered them irrelevant (which is what the core discussion point was when you stopped by.

And as for a new story...I think a new one is well underway.

Go BLUE. Always.

And 1/2 of a national title in 66 years for such a "relevant" program is awesome!!!

And again, there is nothing that msu has to show for it! UM's national title at least came in a modern era when, hopefully, you were born.

Yes, um has 42 Big Ten titles. That and $5.50 will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee.

BTW, kids being recruited today were toddlers when UM won it's last Big Ten championship.

Boy, what does that get msu then? Despite all their "sick" dominance they sure haven't had much to show for it other than a couple Big Ten titles. Which, in your opinion, gets pretty much nothing. Sounds like an accurate statement on the sparty program.

Boy, what does that get msu then? Despite all their "sick" dominance they sure haven't had much to show for it other than a couple Big Ten titles. Which, in your opinion, gets pretty much nothing. Sounds like an accurate statement on the sparty program.
Winning the Big Ten then getting your ass beat in a bowl game doesn't count for much in my book.

Funny how Burbridge wanted to come here so bad, yet Michigan wouldn't even consider him. Then somehow he qualifies at msu. Hmmm.
You guys are often spoon fed these ignorant statements from your mods. The fact that you take it as gospel is entertaining to say the least. Do you really believe that UM football players need to have better academics out of high school in comparison to the rest of the B1G, or even CFB for that matter? I can guarantee that most B1G schools have similar requirements for athletes. I doubt your fan base ever fixes that misperception though.

You guys are often spoon fed these ignorant statements from your mods. The fact that you take it as gospel is entertaining to say the least. Do you really believe that UM football players need to have better academics out of high school in comparison to the rest of the B1G, or even CFB for that matter? I can guarantee that most B1G schools have similar requirements for athletes. I doubt your fan base ever fixes that misperception though.
Hey, its all bs. The schools that have the "highest" standards for their football recruits, also have the largest academic spread between the average student and the average football player. Stanford has had the highest entrance requirement in the country for its athletes, yet the average football player's SAT scores are still 400 points below those of the average incoming freshman. Same deal at ND, same deal at Georgia Tech. This is from 2008, but UM's recruiting class had an average SAT score of about 980. Remember, that's the average. So a lot of the recruits are probably more in the 900 range. For those guys posting here who actually went to UM, what type of degree will that athlete with the 900 SAT get a UM?

Here's an interesting blog from the M Zone.

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2007/05/jim-harbaugh-disses-michigan.html

Michigan State accepts partial qualifiers. Michigan does not.

Keep burying yourself here.

There is a difference, chump.

Go BLUE. Always.

I'm on your board, so I'll be respectful.

When was the last time UM was great for more that a year? I'm talking Miami of the 80's and 90's, FSU of the 80's and 90's, USC under Carroll or Bama under Saban great. And please don't bring up the 1970's, the Big Ten was horrific that decade and UM's record v bowl teams pretty much proved that.

UM has been a consistently good program. No doubt about that. UM has been a better program than MSU the better part of the last four decades. But even in MSU's mediocrity, and two probations, the record between the two schools, when the series finally went to a home and away format (1950) is 28-35-2. In other words, if MSU had won just 4 more games over those 65 seasons, the series would be tied. No need to bring up the record prior to MSU joining the Big Ten, I'm well aware of it. My point here is although UM has been a good program, I really don't see it at the level most UM fans put it at. You mentioned I'm ignorant of football facts. That's hardly the case. I may have biases that makes me spin the facts in my direction, but I know what I'm talking about.

Well, here's hopefully to a good game Saturday. Your boys are playing well. Perhaps MSU will finally wake up and play a full 60 minutes.
I answered your stupid question already I'm done interacting with you, you bore me with your pedantic questions. Go look over your idiocy on Northwestern's board and begin your education. If I want to entertain dumb observations from a teenager I'll chat up my kids. Thanks.

n

And the best part is, sparty still remains irrelevant. Tell us when msu's last "sick" national title came again?? Were you born then? I understand that outside of the past 5 years, sparty has been irrelevant. It must be hard to come to grips with the fact that football has been played for longer than 5 years. But thanks for coming to this board to tell us how "sick" msu has been. Sparty fans are about the only ones impressed. The last national title before the Vietnam War is impressive!!!
I'm telling you the guy graduated from HS this past spring, maybe.

Michigan State accepts partial qualifiers. Michigan does not.

Keep burying yourself here.

There is a difference, chump.

Go BLUE. Always.
I completely disagree. If Burbridge was all in on going to UM then they would have found a way to get him in. I'm not wrong when I say that "your" University has done this before(as have most CFB teams). I understand wanting to gloat about academics but at some point you need to realize that athletics and academics are not comparable for revenue generating sports. If you want to boast about the average(foreign) student at UM then fine, but please leave academia out of your posts about collegiate athletes.

I completely disagree. If Burbridge was all in on going to UM then they would have found a way to get him in. I'm not wrong when I say that "your" University has done this before(as have most CFB teams). I understand wanting to gloat about academics but at some point you need to realize that athletics and academics are not comparable for revenue generating sports. If you want to boast about the average(foreign) student at UM then fine, but please leave academia out of your posts about collegiate athletes.

My statement stands as a fact; MSU accepts partials, Michigan does not.

You're entitled to all the suppositions you like, but that's all they are, suppositions.

You're starting to sound like Eric, the guy who says Big Ten titles don't count or mean anything to determine a program's relevance.

But of course, they do.

I don't have to make an argument on academics, or when comparing the success of the two football programs.

The "argument" is set down in a series of basic facts neither of you two guys seem to want to comprehend, and that's not my problem, it's yours.

Go BLUE. Always.

My statement stands as a fact; MSU accepts partials, Michigan does not.

I support Michigan as my 2nd favorite college program, but as to this comment:

SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

If Michigan and some Michigan fans want to play this card, that is fine. If academics are so important, Michigan is also welcome to drop out of the B1G and join the Patriot League. GO play Lehigh and Colgate.

(and, no, the Ivy League would not open their doors for the "Harvard of the Midwest." Michigan would be joining the Patriot League, not the Ivy League)

It's just obnoxious. ANY time Michigan football fans bring up academics in relation to football --- with a sneer of "our kids will beat your kids on the football class and in the classroom" --- is obnoxious. Harbaugh was exactly right in 2007, but a certain subset of Michigan fans have developed selective amnesia about that summer. And Michigan is a member of a conference where another fellow school (Michigan State) is doing nothing illegal or against the rules. Move on.

Last edited:
I support Michigan as my 2nd favorite college program, but as to this comment:

SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

If Michigan and some Michigan fans want to play this card, that is fine. If academics are so important, Michigan is also welcome to drop out of the B1G and join the Patriot League. GO play Lehigh and Colgate.

(and, no, the Ivy League would not open their doors for the "Harvard of the Midwest." Michigan would be joining the Patriot League, not the Ivy League)

It's just obnoxious. Michigan is a member of a conference where another fellow school (Michigan State) is doing nothing illegal or against the rules. Move on.

No one forcing you to read and partake in a discussion that upsets you.

But...I think you knew that already.

Go BLUE. Always.

Win or lose. The eras all change and have to do with who was coaching and who was he recruiting. MSU is in the Dantonio era now. When Saban was there they were on the rise and if he had stayed MSU's winning ways would have started sooner and lasted longer. Saban didn't leave because he didn't want to be second fiddle to UM. It was money and power. It appears that as long as MD stays in EL the Spartans will be relevant.

UM had a long ride there. But when I was a kid and Duffy and Bubba were there, Michigan was not. Then Bo came and Duffy and his Southern recruits left and so it goes.

Jim Harbaugh is making college coaching look pretty easy if you ask me. UM's talent is there, but it's not outstandingly better than the other top 10-15 teams. But Harbaugh is showing the college coaching industry what a real coach is like. Saban and Spurrier bombed in the NFL. Harbaugh didn't. I don't wish for him to go back to the NFL, but anybody in AA has to be concerned that as soon as he wins that crystal football....or even plays for it...he will be a hot ticket (if he isn't already) again in the NFL. That's where he will eventually be...again. When? I'm betting sooner than many think. I think college coaching will get boring (he'll still compete and win cuz that's just the way he is) to him after a couple years. Harbaugh will want that Lombardi Trophy. It's inevitable.
Would he think to take over the Detroit Lions and have total control? That would be one gig that all Spartan and Wolverine fans (at least in the state of Michigan) might be willing to accept. Sadly, the Ford family isn't smart enough or bold enough to go that route. My guess is Jim Harbaugh will be coaching the NY Giants when Coughlin goes. JMHO. Harbaugh would be perfect for the Giants. Jim Harbaugh wants to be the next Bill Parcells or Bill Belichek more than he wants to be the next Bo or Nick Saban. To me, Jim Harbaugh is the only guy coaching in college who can look down his nose at Nick Saban. And sooner or later, Saban will know it.

Michigan will win Saturday. I hate to admit it, but they are playing like the Wolverines of Bo and Lloyd's era. MSU is the walking wounded. They are tough and proud, but I just don't think they have the guns to stay with Harbaugh's crew. A fully healthy Spartan team would make the game close. This outfit? I doubt it. Line play decides UM-MSU games. MSU's O line is decimated.

And I think UM can and will beat Ohio State. Beat Iowa (my guess) in the B1G Championship game and go to the playoffs.

UM, Baylor (only TCU stands in their way), Utah (nobody stands in their way and a rematch coming) ........and......"Bama (they will win out and that means they beat LSU). Clemson's schedule will shut them out. They may go undefeated.....but. Harbaugh vs. Saban for all the marbles. I think you know who I think wins. I won't be rooting for UM, but I'm not stupid either.

Last edited:
No one forcing you to read and partake in a discussion that upsets you.

But...I think you knew that already.

Go BLUE. Always.

Of course not. But I find nothing more haughty and obnoxious in the world of college football than Michigan fans bringing up academics in relation to football. Like it or not, I will typically comment when someone plays that particular card.

As if Michigan football is kicking everyone's ass in both football and the classroom. Pffffffffffffffffffffffft.

The University of Michigan has compromised their standards in terms of allowing lesser-qualified athletes in --- just as EVERYONE ELSE in Division 1 has. Join the club. We've all sold our souls. There's nothing to brag about if you've done it "somewhat less so" than others, as regards "partial qualifiers."

It is what it is. Michigan isn't any "better" than anyone else in that regard. If Michigan were, they'd prove it and go join either the Patriot League or the D-3 league that Chicago plays in.

Of course not. But I find nothing more haughty and obnoxious in the world of college football than Michigan fans bringing up academics in relation to football. Like it or not, I will typically comment when someone plays that particular card.

As if Michigan football is kicking everyone's ass in both football and the classroom. Pffffffffffffffffffffffft.

The University of Michigan has compromised their standards in terms of allowing lesser-qualified athletes in --- just as EVERYONE ELSE in Division 1 has. Join the club. We've all sold our souls. There's nothing to brag about if you've done it "somewhat less so" than others, as regards "partial qualifiers."

It is what it is. Michigan isn't any "better" than anyone else in that regard. If Michigan were, they'd prove it and go join either the Patriot League or the D-3 league that Chicago plays in.

Well, "like it or not" I feel compelled to squash myths by smack-talkers who either, a) pretend to not have a clue, or b} really don't have a clue.

Seems you would prefer I let the suppositions trump the truth and just let all of the other nonsense pass as fact.

Not happening.

Go BLUE. Always.

Well, "like it or not" I feel compelled to squash myths by smack-talkers who either, a) pretend to not have a clue, or b} really don't have a clue.

Seems you would prefer I let the suppositions trump the truth and just let all of the other nonsense pass as fact.

Not happening.

Go BLUE. Always.

Well, it WAS you and Blue_J who made the first Burbridge comments in this thread. Then the Spartan fans jumped in.

As a Penn State alum, Michigan State is in MY conference too. I don't particularly care who MSU or any other B1G institution allows into the school. If they meet the NCAA standards, that's good enough for me.

Look, we are ALL whores. ALL of our favorite schools have sold themselves out as regards rigorous academic standards for athletes, all because we want to play football at the highest collegiate levels. I don't particularly see any "honor" in being "slightly less whorish" in this regard versus some other school.

There is a certain segment of the Michigan football fanbase who likes to play up the notion that "our student-athletes kick our opponent's ass on both the football field and in the classroom." They play up that notion because they think it provides a competitive advantage for their favorite school.

Fine, I get that. Problem is, you have to be honest if someone calls you out on that being more myth than reality.

Jim Harbaugh did such a call out in the summer of 2007. That same segment of the Michigan football fanbase went nuclear on Harbaugh that summer. Not a "Michigan Man", excommunicated from the family, wait til he loses to Pete Carroll & USC 67-3 this October, blah blah blah. Harbaugh also had a career record of 0-0 coaching D-1A and NFL football at that point, so there was little perceived "risk" in the loud backlash.

7 years of non-overly-great Michigan football later (and 7 years of excellent coaching by Harbaugh later), all was "forgiven." Or at least, all was "forgotten." Welcome home, old buddy and friend!!!!! Shoot, I LOVE Harbaugh (always have, even in 2007) --- even I was ready to barf last December at the slurp-fest.

We're all whores. Michigan's no better than MSU. Nobody at this level is any better than anyone else.

Reactions: Sparty1045
I'm not accountable for anyone's comments other than my own.

So dragging them into this discussion serves the discussion very little.

You are basically saying acceptance at MSU and Michigan for football is The Same. It isn't.

The gates swing wider at MSU. That's just fact.

Now you're reaching for the Harbaugh comments to further your point of how "we're all whores."

OK, I'll counter with two more facts:

1/ I wasn't among the frothing-at-the-mouth types, and

2/ I had company.

I knew he wouldn't have said the things he said unless there was at least a kernel of truth to it.

It stung, but for the right reasons. That's not frothing.

I'll assume others who were not upset realized this same thing.

I loved the homecoming. I had no hypocritical cross-wires to trip on. I had no guilt to feel; just elation.

And I knew we had a damn good coach who would win, and win within the rules.

I don't care for one-brush-paints-all lines of thinking. They're used for convenience but are inherently flawed, whatever the issue or debate is.

I don't post under a group name. A group does not represent me, nor can I speak for a group.

It's that simple.

Go BLUE. Always.

IMO.
You are right-no one here cares about your opinion.

You are right-no one here cares about your opinion.

How are you feeling these days? Are you still wearing a neck-brace after you played the "victim card" a few weeks ago? Feeling whiplash after I so hatefully referred to Iowa and Nebraska and Minnesota as "corn states" a few weeks ago?

IMO.

6 of the last 7 is history as well. I am fine with not talking history at all, but that goes both ways. Ignoring history and just looking at this year leads me to think MSU is going to get dismantled on Saturday.

Hey, I like this ignoring history stuff!

You are likely a paying customer to the spartanrag board and you have the nerve to say our mods make ignorant comments? LMAO! Comparoni is the king of ignorance. Our mods are extremely balanced and don't bother sugar coating anything. Comparoni is an unprofessional jock sniffer who is just a fan that tells his customers everything is great. I'll gladly take our mods over yours. Our mods don't write negative articles about msu committs, unlike Comp the phony.

Well, it WAS you and Blue_J who made the first Burbridge comments in this thread. Then the Spartan fans jumped in.

As a Penn State alum, Michigan State is in MY conference too. I don't particularly care who MSU or any other B1G institution allows into the school. If they meet the NCAA standards, that's good enough for me.

Look, we are ALL whores. ALL of our favorite schools have sold themselves out as regards rigorous academic standards for athletes, all because we want to play football at the highest collegiate levels. I don't particularly see any "honor" in being "slightly less whorish" in this regard versus some other school.

There is a certain segment of the Michigan football fanbase who likes to play up the notion that "our student-athletes kick our opponent's ass on both the football field and in the classroom." They play up that notion because they think it provides a competitive advantage for their favorite school.

Fine, I get that. Problem is, you have to be honest if someone calls you out on that being more myth than reality.

Jim Harbaugh did such a call out in the summer of 2007. That same segment of the Michigan football fanbase went nuclear on Harbaugh that summer. Not a "Michigan Man", excommunicated from the family, wait til he loses to Pete Carroll & USC 67-3 this October, blah blah blah. Harbaugh also had a career record of 0-0 coaching D-1A and NFL football at that point, so there was little perceived "risk" in the loud backlash.

7 years of non-overly-great Michigan football later (and 7 years of excellent coaching by Harbaugh later), all was "forgiven." Or at least, all was "forgotten." Welcome home, old buddy and friend!!!!! Shoot, I LOVE Harbaugh (always have, even in 2007) --- even I was ready to barf last December at the slurp-fest.

We're all whores. Michigan's no better than MSU. Nobody at this level is any better than anyone else.
You might want to fact check what happened w his comment in 2007 before you claim too much. Do a little search on what he said about that comment when he was hired.

Win or lose. The eras all change and have to do with who was coaching and who was he recruiting. MSU is in the Dantonio era now. When Saban was there they were on the rise and if he had stayed MSU's winning ways would have started sooner and lasted longer. Saban didn't leave because he didn't want to be second fiddle to UM. It was money and power. It appears that as long as MD stays in EL the Spartans will be relevant.

UM had a long ride there. But when I was a kid and Duffy and Bubba were there, Michigan was not. Then Bo came and Duffy and his Southern recruits left and so it goes.

Jim Harbaugh is making college coaching look pretty easy if you ask me. UM's talent is there, but it's not outstandingly better than the other top 10-15 teams. But Harbaugh is showing the college coaching industry what a real coach is like. Saban and Spurrier bombed in the NFL. Harbaugh didn't. I don't wish for him to go back to the NFL, but anybody in AA has to be concerned that as soon as he wins that crystal football....or even plays for it...he will be a hot ticket (if he isn't already) again in the NFL. That's where he will eventually be...again. When? I'm betting sooner than many think. I think college coaching will get boring (he'll still compete and win cuz that's just the way he is) to him after a couple years. Harbaugh will want that Lombardi Trophy. It's inevitable.
Would he think to take over the Detroit Lions and have total control? That would be one gig that all Spartan and Wolverine fans (at least in the state of Michigan) might be willing to accept. Sadly, the Ford family isn't smart enough or bold enough to go that route. My guess is Jim Harbaugh will be coaching the NY Giants when Coughlin goes. JMHO. Harbaugh would be perfect for the Giants. Jim Harbaugh wants to be the next Bill Parcells or Bill Belichek more than he wants to be the next Bo or Nick Saban. To me, Jim Harbaugh is the only guy coaching in college who can look down his nose at Nick Saban. And sooner or later, Saban will know it.

Michigan will win Saturday. I hate to admit it, but they are playing like the Wolverines of Bo and Lloyd's era. MSU is the walking wounded. They are tough and proud, but I just don't think they have the guns to stay with Harbaugh's crew. A fully healthy Spartan team would make the game close. This outfit? I doubt it. Line play decides UM-MSU games. MSU's O line is decimated.

And I think UM can and will beat Ohio State. Beat Iowa (my guess) in the B1G Championship game and go to the playoffs.

UM, Baylor (only TCU stands in their way), Utah (nobody stands in their way and a rematch coming) ........and......"Bama (they will win out and that means they beat LSU). Clemson's schedule will shut them out. They may go undefeated.....but. Harbaugh vs. Saban for all the marbles. I think you know who I think wins. I won't be rooting for UM, but I'm not stupid either.
Nope we are not a bit concerned about him leaving that's probably wish projection on your part, a common psychological trigger when faced with a growing, imminent threat. Harbaugh loves UM and Ann Arbor, he's not going anywhere, he's moved his parents here, you're still following bad media leads, the same that claimed he'd never leave the NFL because it's so great. Thanks for your input though.

I'm not accountable for anyone's comments other than my own.

So dragging them into this discussion serves the discussion very little.

You are basically saying acceptance at MSU and Michigan for football is The Same. It isn't.

The gates swing wider at MSU. That's just fact.

Now you're reaching for the Harbaugh comments to further your point of how "we're all whores."

OK, I'll counter with two more facts:

1/ I wasn't among the frothing-at-the-mouth types, and

2/ I had company.

I knew he wouldn't have said the things he said unless there was at least a kernel of truth to it.

It stung, but for the right reasons. That's not frothing.

I'll assume others who were not upset realized this same thing.

I loved the homecoming. I had no hypocritical cross-wires to trip on. I had no guilt to feel; just elation.

And I knew we had a damn good coach who would win, and win within the rules.

I don't care for one-brush-paints-all lines of thinking. They're used for convenience but are inherently flawed, whatever the issue or debate is.

I don't post under a group name. A group does not represent me, nor can I speak for a group.

It's that simple.

Go BLUE. Always.
Yea... All of those "General Studies" majors are really setting the world on fire with their academic pursuits. Give me a break. I can't comment on whether the "doors swing wider" at State, but I can sure as hell comment on what has been documented. Michigan football players are sadly sometimes steered towards worthless majors, and that's a travesty because the whole team doesn't get to go to the NFL and cash a check. Some of them will have to rely on their degree to get a job. And general studies doesn't open doors for you, I don't care if you have a Maize and Blue diploma or not. Get off of your high horse

Yea... All of those "General Studies" majors are really setting the world on fire with their academic pursuits. Give me a break. I can't comment on whether the "doors swing wider" at State, but I can sure as hell comment on what has been documented. Michigan football players are sadly sometimes steered towards worthless majors, and that's a travesty because the whole team doesn't get to go to the NFL and cash a check. Some of them will have to rely on their degree to get a job. And general studies doesn't open doors for you, I don't care if you have a Maize and Blue diploma or not. Get off of your high horse

You are living in the past, and admittedly unaware of the present, and yet full of piss and vinegar.

That's what these message boards really need, out of touch opinions and lectures.

Are you going to tell me MSU football program grads have it better?

Give your head a good shake.

The MSU coach picks up players from jail and gets them straight to practice, now that's documented.

He's a real people person. Has those priorities arrow straight.

It's not a high horse, buddy, it's reality. Look into it, then talk.

Go Blue. Always.

When the coaches at his high school could not believe he was accepted at MSU with his grades, you know something isn't right.

You don't know a thing about what a UM degree brings, let alone when combined with being a former UM player. Not a damn thing, I assure you. And I doubt you know anything about general studies majors either. Have you ever met one in person (I have, a number of peers at UM were in that program, by choice and design because they wanted to craft their own program)? Do you have any reason to think it's a "worthless major" other than the worthless rhetoric you pull off of your Spartan board?

I can tell you this, I personally pissed on MSU's scholarship offer to me to take much less money to get to a world class university like UM. I never regretted it and I doubt any UM student athlete feels sad and sorry they don't have a MSU diploma to hang over the mantel.

You like apples?

I don't want any moral victories or going up and coasting to a victory, I want Sparty's proverbial throats ripped open and a Roman Coliseum-like bloodbath victory next week. I am tired of UM when playing Sparty looking like the glee club in pads, I expect us to wrack their bodies and to leave carcasses strewn across the field of battle through out the 60 minutes of war. Win or lose I want Sparty coming out of there feeling like they spent six months in a Guadacanal fox hole having shells rain upon them from the first snap to the end. Nothing less will suffice. And I want Dantanio's damn sneer to melt off his sanctimonious face and his head to sink in depression staring hopelessly at the ground. There, I feel better.
I have to admit, due to injuries and uofm renewed physicality and playing at home, I think msu should play it wide open early. Establish run only later if lead happens. I don't want to see us stalemate or play conservative. Play action pass early and often I think is msu's best game plan. Try to Take life out of crowd.

And again, there is nothing that msu has to show for it! UM's national title at least came in a modern era when, hopefully, you were born.
I wouldn't call that the modern era anymore. So much has changed. The entire south has since learned how to run fb programs from Texas to Georgia. (uofm typical 3 loss teams would be nowhere near as highly ranked) The big ten now has atleast 4 more legit football programs. You now have to play the #1 or #2 to win a title, you now have to play 12 games, you now have a big ten championship game. That's a huge 3 game difference from 1998. Which was 17 yrs ago now. No matter what harbaugh does the good old days are not coming back for good. The circumstances don't exist for ufm to have mediocre seasons and still finish top 15

yep you are right our mediocre 12-0 1997 team would not even finish in the Top 15 right now. In fact, they may end up being below #100 since modern teams are so better. Are you for real dude? Playoffs just started last year for the first time, you act like in the past 17 years everyone has had to play against all the top teams. How do you explain Bama or LSU with their decade long dominance? Or perhaps OSU? Oklahoma? Oregon? Georgia? Teams can still sustain that excellence and Michigan will get there if JH continues the way he is going and recruits - heck even Stanford is doing it depsite him having left for almost 5 years now. You are clearly very naive and incredibly biased when it comes to football.

yep you are right our mediocre 12-0 1997 team would not even finish in the Top 15 right now. In fact, they may end up being below #100 since modern teams are so better. Are you for real dude? Playoffs just started last year for the first time, you act like in the past 17 years everyone has had to play against all the top teams. How do you explain Bama or LSU with their decade long dominance? Or perhaps OSU? Oklahoma? Oregon? Georgia? Teams can still sustain that excellence and Michigan will get there if JH continues the way he is going and recruits - heck even Stanford is doing it depsite him having left for almost 5 years now. You are clearly very naive and incredibly biased when it comes to football.
Well they don't have any history to speak of. Don't you know that college ball had only been played for the past 7 years??

Reactions: Blue_note
I have to admit, due to injuries and uofm renewed physicality and playing at home, I think msu should play it wide open early. Establish run only later if lead happens. I don't want to see us stalemate or play conservative. Play action pass early and often I think is msu's best game plan. Try to Take life out of crowd.
I think MSU won't try to hammer the ball on the ground much early on, they'd be smart to try and do some quick strikes (no huddle?) and try to get up early. UM hasn't played from behind since Utah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT