ADVERTISEMENT

Let me say his upfront about playing Sparty

detroitjohn

All-American
Dec 20, 2001
West Detroit
I don't want any moral victories or going up and coasting to a victory, I want Sparty's proverbial throats ripped open and a Roman Coliseum-like bloodbath victory next week. I am tired of UM when playing Sparty looking like the glee club in pads, I expect us to wrack their bodies and to leave carcasses strewn across the field of battle through out the 60 minutes of war. Win or lose I want Sparty coming out of there feeling like they spent six months in a Guadacanal fox hole having shells rain upon them from the first snap to the end. Nothing less will suffice. And I want Dantanio's damn sneer to melt off his sanctimonious face and his head to sink in depression staring hopelessly at the ground. There, I feel better.

Last edited:
But eric2015 told us how "sick" this team was going to be. And in his book college football has only been played the last 5 years.

Next week is going to be a barn burner. This is going to be very close. Flip a coin. MSU can run and pass and have a senior qb. Physical rb's.

I am very confident in what we are bringing to the table on defense and I am increasingly hopeful, since for the first time this year we put together an entire 60 minute, coherent offensive game, that our offense will pose problems for Sparty. They are vulnerable and I hope like hell we exploit every weak position in their depleted offensive line, every struggle they're having to keep people out of the end zone, and above all, Harbaugh spends some time renting space in Dantonio's head. This is a game we must have!

they are very balanced. They can pass and run. NW was a primarily running team and we shut them down. Sparty can pass the ball and beat us through the air as well I don't see any scenario where our D keeps their scoreless streak alive. MSU will score on us but I do also think JH will start to open up his offensive playbook a tad bit more. I expect to see Peppers on offense and I expect there will be plays that Sparty have not seen yet. If we play with the intensity and rigor that we have played with over the past 3 weeks, we will win.

they are very balanced. They can pass and run. NW was a primarily running team and we shut them down. Sparty can pass the ball and beat us through the air as well I don't see any scenario where our D keeps their scoreless streak alive. MSU will score on us but I do also think JH will start to open up his offensive playbook a tad bit more. I expect to see Peppers on offense and I expect there will be plays that Sparty have not seen yet. If we play with the intensity and rigor that we have played with over the past 3 weeks, we will win.
Agreed all around

While I'd love and am hoping for a win next week, I'm not counting on it. You guys follow Michigan pretty closely and perhaps not MSU. You're not going to get our best fight with 9 of 24 starters injured. Not saying that as an excuse. You play the hand you're dealt. I just wish both of these teams could line up against each other at full strength. Hopefully it will
be a good, entertaining game next Saturday.

Reactions: kazooblue
While I'd love and am hoping for a win next week, I'm not counting on it. You guys follow Michigan pretty closely and perhaps not MSU. You're not going to get our best fight with 9 of 24 starters injured. Not saying that as an excuse. You play the hand you're dealt. I just wish both of these teams could line up against each other at full strength. Hopefully it will
be a good, entertaining game next Saturday.
We have our own injury and suspension issues, now w Ross out for a half, but not quite the way the injury bug has hit MSU. What's the prognosis on Allen and Conklin playing. That would be a key for you guys.

If Conklin is out it will be tough going for MSU. I expect he will play.

MSU has a really good QB and Wrs. They will move the ball on UM through the air, however, they are going to have to run the ball and they will some. MSU will score next week but probably not much. Should be a great game. Winning in AA will be super tough though.

Sparty is a complete team and we will have to play our best to beat them. I think our defense will keep UM in the game, it's the offense that will have to play above average. First time in awhile that I think UM has a chance.

Sparty is a complete team and we will have to play our best to beat them. I think our defense will keep UM in the game, it's the offense that will have to play above average. First time in awhile that I think UM has a chance.
Sparty's game plan.....take out Rudock.

Im happy to hear that UM has a chance...

UM absolutely has a chance to win this game. I think they should be favored. In fact, as an MSU guy I'd prefer UM be favored and ranked in the Top 10. It's going to be a very emotional game and MSU always plays better as the underdog.
If it's low scoring it's yours for the taking. MSU misses Pat Narduzzi.

CancunLive, you are right. MSU doesn't run all that well. LJ Scott can make yds out of nothing. It looks like Madre London will be out. Frankly, I couldn't figure out why he was the #1 back anyway. Scott is clearly a better rusher as a true freshman. Gerald Holmes gets very few snaps but, man, he runs as hard as anybody out there. I see Delton Williams (gun flasher) had his redshirt lifted and played last night, but didn't notice much impact. Williams, if he's up to speed, is better than London so might not see much drop off next Saturday. Williams, Scott and Holmes all move the pile.

The problem is the front 5 is all banged up. Now it looks like Jack Allen ripped an ankle and he is gone. Keilor is moved over to left tackle from his regular right side to replace Conklin who played, but didn't see a ton of action. Only 2 beginning of the season starters are healthy on the O line. 2nd and 3rd stringers playing up front.

MSU had atrocious 1st down yardage last night. Seemed like it was 2nd and long all night. I'm trying believe MSU is rope a doping opponents and maybe this is all a ruse to hide what they really can do. MSU's O was a little flashier vs. Oregon, but has been very conservative against the rest of our opps up until they fell behind last night. Cook's 2nd half was what we have been missing all season.

Great game coming up. Will senior leadership of MSU's QB and receivers and defensive front (looks like Lawrence Thomas was also dinged last night) dominate? Michigan's greatest asset right now is their confidence and commitment. UM plays every down...all 60 minutes....not seen since the Carr days. I will give them credit. UM also tackles very, very well. MSU misses too many. Harbaugh has reinstilled that. I've noticed his sideline persona has really cooled off. To me, that means he's gotten them all on board now. The team believes it/him and he doesn't have to go all crazy eyed anymore. I'm impressed.

It's not just the injuries. Pat Narduzzi really, really made a difference. MSU's D does not have the smash face, plow right through you physicality it had under Coach Narduzzi. Even still......either team is capable. I always like beating UM...especially when they're good. It's fun when they're not, of course. Always want to win this game. But this one is not like the past 5-6 years. Like the old days.

BTW....I think OSU is pretty pedestrian too. Michigan....and MSU.....have real shots at them.

I'm thinking the Movie," Predator" when Arnold says, " If it bleeds we can kill it. ! " Yup they put on their big boy green an white pants just like we put on our Maise colored pants. A heavy wt. fight it is . "74

I am impressed with MSU's WR's -- esp Burbridge -- he looks like an NFL athlete to me -- really goes up and gets the ball.

I have been trying to temper my optimism on UM but the comps are looking quite favorable at this point -- just don't see MSU running the ball against us and that will be the game. UM's secondary is just too good for MSU to win the game through the air.

But eric2015 told us how "sick" this team was going to be. And in his book college football has only been played the last 5 years.
Hahaha. Good one.

Well, if over the next five years Harbaugh matches the amount of success MSU has had over the past five seasons, you guys will have a statue of him built outside Michigan Stadium.

Past five years aside, since MSU joined the Big Ten (1953), it's had two national championships to UM's 1/2. Is going back to 1953 good enough for you?

I am impressed with MSU's WR's -- esp Burbridge -- he looks like an NFL athlete to me -- really goes up and gets the ball.

I have been trying to temper my optimism on UM but the comps are looking quite favorable at this point -- just don't see MSU running the ball against us and that will be the game. UM's secondary is just too good for MSU to win the game through the air.

As good as Burbridge was last night it was some key catches by Maderis and that last one to Shelton that made the difference. Heck even De'Anthony Arnett (who started as a true freshman at Tennessee before transferring back to MSU) made a couple great catches. He has barely seen the field for MSU and he's in his senior year. MSU has a good QB and very capable receivers. I'm thinking UM will put a ton of pressure on our rubber band/bubble gum held together O line and try to make Cook beat them with his arm. I suspect Connor will acquire some grass stains on his uniform.....if it's real grass.

BTW, I am grateful for this board. The MSU boards are all "pay to play" now and I just don't believe in paying money to post opinions on internet chat boards. One of the few decent things I can say for UM....:)

n
Hahaha. Good one.

Well, if over the next five years Harbaugh matches the amount of success MSU has had over the past five seasons, you guys will have a statue of him built outside Michigan Stadium.

Past five years aside, since MSU joined the Big Ten (1953), it's had two national championships to UM's 1/2. Is going back to 1953 good enough for you?

And the best part is, sparty still remains irrelevant. Tell us when msu's last "sick" national title came again?? Were you born then? I understand that outside of the past 5 years, sparty has been irrelevant. It must be hard to come to grips with the fact that football has been played for longer than 5 years. But thanks for coming to this board to tell us how "sick" msu has been. Sparty fans are about the only ones impressed. The last national title before the Vietnam War is impressive!!!

Hahaha. Good one.

If you want to get destroyed on a message board...then trying to boast-up MSU football over Michigan is the perfect way to go.

MSU football basically sucked arse for much of 40 years. That's all anyone needs to know.

Go BLUE. Always.

Reactions: Draidan14
But ms
If you want to get destroyed on a message board...then trying to boast-up MSU football over Michigan is the perfect way to go.

MSU football basically sucked arse for much of 40 years. That's all anyone needs to know.

Go BLUE. Always.

But msu is supposed to be just "sick." eric2015 said so

But that close game against Rutgers tells me something...........

I don't want any moral victories or going up and coasting to a victory, I want party's proverbial throats ripped open and a Roman Coliseum-like bloodbath victory next week. I am tired of UM when playing Sparty looking like the glee club in pads, I expect us to wrack their bodies and to leave carcasses strewn across the field of battle through out the 60 minutes of war. Win or lose I want them coming out of there feeling like they spent six months in a Guadacanal fox hole having shells rain upon them from the first snap to the end. Nothing less will suffice. And I want Dantanio's damn sneer to melt off his sanctimonious face and his head to sink in depression staring hopelessly at the ground. There, I feel better.
Haven't seen the opening line on the game; would expect Michigan to be 4-5 point favs...

Funny how Burbridge wanted to come here so bad, yet Michigan wouldn't even consider him. Then somehow he qualifies at msu. Hmmm.

It will be nice to see an NFL q.b. against Jordan Lewis and crew in the back. Michigan has a complete Defense, that's why I believe they match up really well with Sparty. If Ruddock just takes care of the football. I see Big Blue winning 27-17. I love watching elite defense's. So glad we have one again. It's been far too long. I remember watching Chuck and the boys in 97. The way they went into happy valley that year, when Penn St was still a big favorite, and just absolutely embarrassed them. I knew after watching that game, that I was witnessing something special. I'm starting to get that feeling this year, and I can barely hold my excitement. If they happen to blow out M.S.U., watch out rest of the country.

I don't buy Cook as anything more than a backup NFL QB. Cousins was better and has not left much of a mark on the league.

I don't buy Cook as anything more than a backup NFL QB. Cousins was better and has not left much of a mark on the league.
True, he may not be. I'm just saying the talent is certainly there. The speed of the NFL is whole different monster, and for a lot of guys they can't adjust. The game doesn't slow down for them enough. Either way, if our front four gets pressure, it won't matter. Games are still won at the line of scrimmage. We win that battle. We WIN.

Hahaha. Good one.

Son are you still showing your sorry ass in public after we schooled and educated you in the principals of Michigan football over at the Northwestern board? Wasn't the embarrassingly ignorant and uninformed blather you vomited on to this thread enough of an embarrassment to you? Have you no sense of honor let alone shame? Honestly buddy you are as ignorant of football facts as I've seen on the Rivals boards in years. Best put the keyboard down, get to reading up your football history and come back in a couple years when you've advanced in wisdom and knowledge. What is it with the HS class of 2015?

Last edited:
Son are you still showing your sorry ass in public after we schooled and educated you in the principals of Michigan football over at the Northwestern board? Wasn't the embarrassingly ignorant and uninformed blather you vomited on to this thread enough of an embarrassment to you? Have you no sense of honor let alone shame? Honestly buddy you are as ignorant of football facts as I've seen on the Rivals boards in years. Best put the keyboard down, get to reading up your football history and come back in a couple years when you've advanced in wisdom and knowledge. What is it with the HS class of 2015?
I'm on your board, so I'll be respectful.

When was the last time UM was great for more that a year? I'm talking Miami of the 80's and 90's, FSU of the 80's and 90's, USC under Carroll or Bama under Saban great. And please don't bring up the 1970's, the Big Ten was horrific that decade and UM's record v bowl teams pretty much proved that.

UM has been a consistently good program. No doubt about that. UM has been a better program than MSU the better part of the last four decades. But even in MSU's mediocrity, and two probations, the record between the two schools, when the series finally went to a home and away format (1950) is 28-35-2. In other words, if MSU had won just 4 more games over those 65 seasons, the series would be tied. No need to bring up the record prior to MSU joining the Big Ten, I'm well aware of it. My point here is although UM has been a good program, I really don't see it at the level most UM fans put it at. You mentioned I'm ignorant of football facts. That's hardly the case. I may have biases that makes me spin the facts in my direction, but I know what I'm talking about.

Well, here's hopefully to a good game Saturday. Your boys are playing well. Perhaps MSU will finally wake up and play a full 60 minutes.

Go BLUE. Always.
No, MSU was mediocre over the better part of 4 decades. UM, on the other hand, was a good program over that same time period.

n

And the best part is, sparty still remains irrelevant. Tell us when msu's last "sick" national title came again?? Were you born then? I understand that outside of the past 5 years, sparty has been irrelevant. It must be hard to come to grips with the fact that football has been played for longer than 5 years. But thanks for coming to this board to tell us how "sick" msu has been. Sparty fans are about the only ones impressed. The last national title before the Vietnam War is impressive!!!
And 1/2 of a national title in 66 years for such a "relevant" program is awesome!!!

Next week is going to be a barn burner. This is going to be very close. Flip a coin. MSU can run and pass and have a senior qb. Physical rb's.
If the QB is not on his back all day ...maybe. The whole D is dialed in and ready to take this up another notch. I'm not worried one bit.

Michigan has 42 Big Ten titles.

How many does MSU have?

Go Blue. Always.
Yes, um has 42 Big Ten titles. That and $5.50 will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee.

BTW, kids being recruited today were toddlers when UM won it's last Big Ten championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT