ADVERTISEMENT

Let me say his upfront about playing Sparty

I wouldn't call that the modern era anymore. So much has changed. The entire south has since learned how to run fb programs from Texas to Georgia. (uofm typical 3 loss teams would be nowhere near as highly ranked) The big ten now has atleast 4 more legit football programs. You now have to play the #1 or #2 to win a title, you now have to play 12 games, you now have a big ten championship game. That's a huge 3 game difference from 1998. Which was 17 yrs ago now. No matter what harbaugh does the good old days are not coming back for good. The circumstances don't exist for ufm to have mediocre seasons and still finish top 15

It's such an old era that the best player from the '97 team is still making highlight-reel plays in the NFL.

The good ole days are back for Michigan. New set of migraines just beginning for MSU.

Nothing Dantonio can do about it.

Go Blue. Always.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
It's such an old era that the best player from the '97 team is still making highlight-reel plays in the NFL.

The good ole days are back for Michigan. New set of migraines just beginning for MSU.

Nothing Dantonio can do about it.

Go Blue. Always.
What about that lousy backup we had that year, Tom something or other, what did he end up doing anyways?

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
I think MSU won't try to hammer the ball on the ground much early on, they'd be smart to try and do some quick strikes (no huddle?) and try to get up early. UM hasn't played from behind since Utah.

I haven't been impressed with our play calling this year...if we try to stubbornly run the ball with our OL injuries, that's a losing gameplan.

Id use Lyles/Price a lot in the passing game and run a lot more jet sweeps than normal. Trying to play power against UM this year is like teams trying to play power vs the MSU 2013 D. Suicide unless you have an NFL RB and multiple NFL OL.

Dantonio can coach - he will have a game plan. This will not be like NW or BYU where Michigan just wallops them...Dantonio will have this team ready with a game plan that will stress test Michigan in every which way, especially with fakes, etc

I don't want any moral victories or going up and coasting to a victory, I want Sparty's proverbial throats ripped open and a Roman Coliseum-like bloodbath victory next week. I am tired of UM when playing Sparty looking like the glee club in pads, I expect us to wrack their bodies and to leave carcasses strewn across the field of battle through out the 60 minutes of war. Win or lose I want Sparty coming out of there feeling like they spent six months in a Guadacanal fox hole having shells rain upon them from the first snap to the end. Nothing less will suffice. And I want Dantanio's damn sneer to melt off his sanctimonious face and his head to sink in depression staring hopelessly at the ground. There, I feel better.
I really don't expect the blowout you're hoping for, I do sense that spurty land is getting ready for any defeat by talking about nothing but all their injuries before the kick off, to get ready for a loss.

I really don't expect the blowout you're hoping for, I do sense that spurty land is getting ready for any defeat by talking about nothing but all their injuries before the kick off, to get ready for a loss.
Not a word about a blowout, just an exertion of physical and mental will that breaks Sparty. That's my hope

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT