ADVERTISEMENT

Hoke-"I wouldn't have punted...", he's right

He wouldn't have punted, he would have been throwing it up toward the endzone, hoping to get UM back within 21 points at the end of the game. He would never had had this particular team in any sort of lead in this or any of our other big games this year. With Shane Morris as QB, the OL in shambles, the D playing constantly on their heels, we would have been well on our way to another 6-6 juggernaut.

Apparently from his Sirius broadcast,
“Personally, if we have the No. 1 defense in the nation I’m going to test those guys. You’ve got to play to the strength of your football team and the strength of the Michigan football team all year long has been their defense.”
Let me get this straight-an unemployed ex coach (he's unemployed because he took his dream job and essentially ran the program into the ground) is criticizing a coach many believe is one of the best coaches in college FB? This is a joke, right?
Clappy is too stupid to even realize that he's an idiot.

Hoke has made a couple statements that make me think that, with the clarification here of his friendship with the Harbaughs, that he feels a bit short-changed by his firing. I hope I'm wrong about that, but he shows too little diplomacy around this and a couple other questions I've heard him field. Honestly and sadly, he's been the worst coach in my 40 years of following UM football (Rodriguez had about the same level of success, but I think is actually a brilliant offensive mind).

Agree

self explanatory. Read your comments.

You want to be more aggressive or go outside the tackles. Would the rb have inadvertently run out of bounds? How many more seconds are we talking about...3-4? Show me the value of what you are suggesting.

When I say 'stop the clock'...I mean run out of bounds or have the pass incomplete or an int.

It was played perfectly by coaches. I would have to say huh? to your comments. Give me a specific coaching plan on the last series.

I am all ears. I will counter that it something would have gone wrong...you would have been all over the coaches. It was coached to perfection. Nothing the coaches did other than maybe a gunner on top was wrong and even in that instance it didn't cause the play to collapse.

Human error. Nothing more nothing less.

Now I understand ... you missed the point of my post ... thank you.

I wasn't critiquing the coaching decisions, merely listing six ways I saw that could have prevented us from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, including the two "human errors" by the punter.

Let's just say I don't agree with you that our last series was "coached to perfection".

"There are several things that last series that ...could ... have prevented the outcome that happened, from happening.

We could have burned the clock with different play calling on 1st - 3rd downs instead of running plays between the tackles; we could have moved the chains; we could have gone for the 1st down on fourth down; the punter could have caught the snap and got the kick off; the punter could have just covered up the ball on the muffed snap; and a better punt prevent formation could have prevented the run back.

None of which happened and we blew the game. Very unfortunate, learn from it and move on ... beat TUOS!"

Last edited:
Time to get over it boys. You are Indiana fans today. Forks up!

I'm all ... in! Promise.

Indiana-Cheerleaders-18.jpg

Reactions: detroitjohn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT