ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

I agree 100% BUT the defense could never defend a good running QB like Watson at Clemson. he would destroy us as would Alabama's QB this year. Barret at OSU will also be major problems once again
I would for the most part agree but I do think once Brown stopped telegraphing the same blitzing patterns and played a more conventional defense and then add in Lewis I think UM can be competent.

That being said...stopping Clemson or Louisville is probably wishful thinking as it is with most teams.

RM

Let's be honest here. Smith would NOT have scored on the same play that Isaac just scored on. Not trying to say Isaac is great or somehow Smith is to blame...but glad to see Isaac develop a little.

I give UM credit..that at a minimum is what UM needs to do down within the 5 yard. Can't always run Hill off the right side of the line.

RM

They are. We have stretched the perimeter so much that we are able to begin pounding them between the tackles. Smith has banged on them today off and on pretty good. Our pass defense has looked really really bad today

I think many of 'us' doubters have had a revelation. Peppers has found his spot. The guy is clearly among the top 10 players in college football. Maybe he isn't better than Lamar Jackson but guy is a NFL 1st rounder. I would draft a guy like that and put him as strong safety in the NFL.

Right now I would put him in the top 10 defensive UM players I have seen in over 40 years of watching UM football. He is basically the equivalent (performance wise) of a Ty Law or Tripp Welbourne and rising.

RM

Amara Darboh made up for that 1st drop. Well done. UM scores a TD...game over. Makes a fg...going to be a struggle...doesn't score...keep seatbelts fastened.

RM

Instead another bad decision by Speight. Surprised by Colorado's defense backs though. They have made some plays.

Sparty still not impressed by Peppers. Can't believe it took this long actually. He is electric. He is the run game savior when we will need it.

Game over. Congrats to Colorado. Great game plan. Great coaches. Put a major scare into UM. Exploited the UM weaknesses and played to their strengths. Game was much closer than the score.

Colorado out coached UM in game planning for most of the 1st half. Give UM coaches credit for adjusting.

RM

Key to the game was Brown relying on DL to do their job. He was getting torched early by being way too aggressive. If he had Lewis who could shut down Fields then you can be more aggressive.

Have a feeling he will pay major props to Fields who is legit. Owuzie is also big time. Corners are really good.

Good solid team but once UM adjusted they showed they just had more talent across the board. Colorado was beating UM with their great players until UM took those guys away.

RM

Yeah, not a good day for Kenny Allen. Not sure what's going on. Two misses weren't even close, and punting and kickoffs not very good.

I was going to mention him about 45 minutes ago but I am glad I gave him another opportunity to miss a fg.

RM

Glad for the win today but really disappointed about everything ranging from the coaching preparation, team enthusiasm, our QB, offense as a whole. The defense actually only gave up 21 legit points which is pretty damn good considering the loss of top players. Speight and the OL has really disappointed. Terrible decisions, throws, etc from our QB- I look for him to get better and he must for us even be considered for the conference crown. His ability to run is major strike against this team going down the road as he is slow as Christmas. The OL has been whipped for two weeks now and Kalis is the worst of he bunch. Manhandled at the point of attack. Penn State will be a tough game and Wisconsin for sure. Not good fellas but we did take the win. Look for us to drop out of the top five tomorrow though. OSU might be the new #1 aftet tonight if Bama falls. The Bucks will step to the plate in the national spotlight and lay the hammer to the Sooners tonight. I also expect Sparty to beat ND as well.

Glad for the win today but really disappointed about everything ranging from the coaching preparation, team enthusiasm, our QB, offense as a whole. The defense actually only gave up 21 legit points which is pretty damn good considering the loss of top players. Speight and the OL has really disappointed. Terrible decisions, throws, etc from our QB- I look for him to get better and he must for us even be considered for the conference crown. His ability to run is major strike against this team going down the road as he is slow as Christmas. The OL has been whipped for two weeks now and Kalis is the worst of he bunch. Manhandled at the point of attack. Penn State will be a tough game and Wisconsin for sure. Not good fellas but we did take the win. Look for us to drop out of the top five tomorrow though. OSU might be the new #1 aftet tonight if Bama falls. The Bucks will step to the plate in the national spotlight and lay the hammer to the Sooners tonight. I also expect Sparty to beat ND as well.
1. UM is not a top 5 team without a running game. Very good team right now.
2. Well coached but Colorado had a better game plan to start.
3. Colorado has some high end skill guys.
4. Colorado reminds me of a poor poor mans OSU in the sense they spread you but don't have nearly the talent of OSU.
5. Quick and talented passing teams will offset the Brown aggressiveness.
6. Kudos to Brown for recognizing his initial schemes weren't going to work against Colorado.
7. Any doubt UM needs Lewis?

I would put OSU, Alabama, Louisville and Clemson ahead of UM right now. Not necessarily because of the defense but that these teams can score some on UM and take away the offense of UM. UM is close enough to these teams to be competitive but that run game inside the tackles..

RM

RM

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT