ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

michigangoblue999

All-League
Dec 21, 2011
Let the bitching begin!

Penalty on the KO was a 20 yard difference, then McCray jumped offside to negate a third down stop.

Not good. Defense is getting worked.

Speight has to get better. Much better coverage from Colorado than he's seen so far this year. I am surprised the pass protection hasn't been good.

Glass half full but this will show every UM fan that for this offense to be good against a quality opponent you have to consistently run the ball to not put yourself in 3rd and long positions.

I think Brown is going to have to make some adjustments at halftime because it looks like the Colorado game plan has the defense figured out.

RM

This is team is no where near a national championship contender right now. Embarrassing that we cannot stop Colorado on offense. They are way too fast for us. I can see another ass whipping at the hands of the Buckeyes as well again this year because of their coaching and schemes. Going to be super tough to come back from 28-7. Michigan will spend the rest of the season trying to climb back in the polls. They look flat and unprepared and that is on the coaching staff guys even if it is Harbaugh

Reactions: Ct Buck
Big stand by the D after some bad tackling.

Now can the offense get going? Where are the open receivers? Will Speight have time to him them assuming they exist?

Yes...from my eyes it looks like UM would struggle against any team with a somewhat mobile qb and some wr's. Louisville and Clemson would shred this defense. Now...against a traditional offense then UM has a better chance.

I give credit Colorado but Lewis would help a little. UM just doesn't defend spread teams well even with Brown. UM needs a quicker back...Smith isn't going to get it done without a huge hole.

Colorado blanketing Darboh. Nice job.

RM

Can we play the damn quick slant. If you are playing at Michigan then you should be able to play man to man in the secondary. Geez
A poster (I respect) said without Lewis is going to be a much bigger challenge. Lewis would allow one of the safeties to play the other guy on the quick stuff.

Let the DL get to the qb. Use maybe 1 lb'er to blitz and drop and take away the underneath/intermediate stuff.

RM

Watching the offense..here is what I can surmise...

1. Its' either a jet sweep
2. It's an underneath route to Butt.
3. Screen pass to Hill

The Colorado's db's are all over UM. I am happy to only be down 21-17..Maybe time to go to 4 wr's and just keep Smith in to protect Speight.

RM

Offense has been out coached this half guys and Speight is not as good as people thought. He has missed a ton of throws today and he cannot run. His first half numbers have got to be horrid. This is not all on the OL I assure you. Speight has got to get better than he played in the first half or it will be a long long season. His mobility really worries me.

Slight disagreement. I don't see Speight as the main problem today. His wr's are covered pretty good. He is the type of guy who needs a strong running game to keep defenses honest.

Somehow this program has to become a better running team. I think part of is the OL. Part of it the fb. Part of it is a lack of a dynamic rb.

I am encouraged right now that the defense seems to have made some adjustments. Curious to see what Colorado does coming out for the 2nd half.

RM

Very nice comeback after getting in a hole and early. Colorado evidently came early with some emotion, much greater effort, and some wrinkles. UM showed character and Speight some moxie to overcome a fairly pedestrian first half. It will be interesting to see if Colorado has a lot in the tank left after playing so well early.

Offense has been out coached this half guys and Speight is not as good as people thought. He has missed a ton of throws today and he cannot run. His first half numbers have got to be horrid. This is not all on the OL I assure you. Speight has got to get better than he played in the first half or it will be a long long season. His mobility really worries me.
9-21 for 130 and a TD, nothing great, but not an utter disaster.

Brown is going to have to consider going to cover 2 with Fields. UM doesn't have Lewis and they are going to have to contain him. He is too good for anyone on the UM field.

RM

Colorado got suckered by the UM call. They saw Smith and said no need to cover the edge. Maybe UM should just eliminate any runs inside the tackles :).

RM

Lewis not playing has killed UM today
It has definitely hurt UM because Fields has destroyed UM. Not saying this team is as good as the 97 team but if you take off the best player on that team....Woodson...then UM loses a couple of games.

Against teams with a really good wr...you need Lewis.

RM

UM reminds me of a great boxer who has a weak chin (running game). The team is really good...well rounded and can play with almost anyone but the inability to run eliminates it from being great.

It cannot win against any high end team that can score and play a little defense. I can't think of ANY team in college football history (name one if you can) that couldn't run the ball and win big time.

Name any team. Even Washington State with Leaf had a good running game.

RM

UM reminds me of a great boxer who has a weak chin (running game). The team is really good...well rounded and can play with almost anyone but the inability to run eliminates it from being great.

It cannot win against any high end team that can score and play a little defense. I can't think of ANY team in college football history (name one if you can) that couldn't run the ball and win big time.

Name any team. Even Washington State with Leaf had a good running game.

I agree 100% BUT the defense could never defend a good running QB like Watson at Clemson. he would destroy us as would Alabama's QB this year. Barret at OSU will also be major problems once again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT