ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Sharp's 2015 Michigan Football Prediction 7-5

This is why Drew Sharp is ONLY a fan and journalist because he has no clue about football and what good coaching can mean within a program. Quite frankly, there have been many Michigan fans on here over since Harbaugh got the job also predicting that Michigan can only win 6 games this year becuase they don't have this or that and that it is impossible to beat MSU or OSU this year. The one thing that clearly separates us from the Buckeyes is they are coached well and play with confidence: Urban Myer is a great coach because he can take a player and COACH them to play in his system which is whatever system is going to benefit his team. Huge difference from guys like Rich Rod who immediately try to play kids in system that does not their display athletic strengths. The difference? Rich Rod's first year at Michigan trying to run a spread option offense with players that simply did not have the athletic abilities to do it and his God awful 3-3-5 with slow people. Urban's first year at OSU UNDEFEATED with players that were 6-7 the year before. This is where people are dismissing Harbaugh and saying that is does not have the talent this year to win 6 games. Bullshit!!!! Harbaugh will place his players this year in a position to succeed for the team and they will win possibly 10 games. Hell, Mattison transformed Rich Rod's God awful defense in 1 year from 109th to 16 th overall and only lost two games with them!!!!!!! Michigan fans and others that are saying "Urban inherited better players than Harbaugh-WHY DON'T YOU GO AHEAD AND THROW IN THE TOWEL RIGHT NOW AND DECLARE MICHIGAN WITH 5 LOSSES INCLUDING THE OSU GAME BFORE WE KICK OFF!!!!! YOU HAVE LOST IN YOUR MIND BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN PLAYED. I bet Harbaugh is not coaching this way!!! He doesn't give a shit about last year. Michigan had excellent recruiting classes under Brady during this tenure, however, they were not coached. Last year, they quit on Brady. Under Harbaugh, Michigan will win 10 games this year and I will be posting on here in November laughing my ass off about it. THEY HAVE THE PLAYERS NOW AND THE COACHING TO GO ALONG WITH IT.
I'm constantly amazed at how many Michigan fans read Sharp. He's strictly sparty and like most reporters and newscasters today, preaches his own agena vs the actual news.

Dude, are you completely oblivious or are you 12 years old? Look at each player's rankings on both squads. We are full of 4/5 stars and you are not. So yes coming out of HS Michigan players are FAR higher rated. Having said that MSU players perform way better and have developed way more. That means we have talent but it just has not been developed. I refuse to believe that all these players we recruited were so overrated.

Green - 5 star
Kalis - 5 star
Peppers - 5 star
Morris - 4/5 star
Isaac - 5 star
Darboh - 4 star
Charlton - 4 star
Richardson - 4 star
Bolden - 4 star
Houma - 4 star
Jenkins-Stone 4 star
Kugler - 4 star
Bars - 4 star
Braden - 4 star
Butt - 4 star
Ways - 4 star
Mone - 4 star

You really want me to keep going? Here's my suggestion - tying Googling some information before you make emotional claims. Nobody is arguing that MSU won't be good - great coach, and great teams the past few years, but I am arguing that Michigan has the potential to be as good if not better. Coaches matter. We went from 7-5 to 11-2 with CRAP talent in Hoke's first year. Look at what JH did with the 49ers with essentially the same talent. Look at Auburn 2 years ago when they almost won the entire thing. Look at what Urban did. Coaching matters as do D-coordinators, if not then why even hire good ones. Michigan will have a Top 3 D-coordinator in all of college football and a Top 5 coach in ALL of football. MSU has a great coach but you lost potentially a Top 3 D-coordinator.
Dude. Who cares a rats arse about high school rankings. Once on campus they mean squat. Who from UM, based on performance over the past few years would start on MSU's team this year??????

Let's chat in a few months when you crawl back into hibernation like you guys do every 5 years for a decade. Also, check the H2H record of the 2 schools...stop looking at stupid 5 year windows. Michigan will win a BIG title within the next 3 years that I am sure of. But since you feel the need to have the last response, go for it with random timelines and your final responses. Not sure there is point in going back and forth with you because I think if Dantonio took a crap you would think it's gold.
H2H agreed M has cleaned our clock. But we've suffered thru some real crappy coaches just like the last couple with M. So records can be a reflection on how good your coach is obviously. What I think is a joke are the records prior to MSU joining the Big Ten and having to play all games in AA.
As for dantonio crapping gold, it is my understanding that every M fan thought Bo crapped a gold bouillon. We Spartan fans hope we have our version of Bo.

H2H agreed M has cleaned our clock. But we've suffered thru some real crappy coaches just like the last couple with M. So records can be a reflection on how good your coach is obviously. What I think is a joke are the records prior to MSU joining the Big Ten and having to play all games in AA.
As for dantonio crapping gold, it is my understanding that every M fan thought Bo crapped a gold bouillon. We Spartan fans hope we have our version of Bo.

Once again, Mark Dantonio has done a brilliant job at MSU in the past 8 years. For MOST of those years, however, OSU has been and is still the TOP HORSE in the Big 10. Tressel made OSU a NATIONAL program instead of holding onto the mantra. "It's the Rose Bowl or Bust baby" which everyone else did until now. College football changed and Jim Tressel changed OSU while the rest of the Big 10. wallowed in some God only knows why regional arrogance touting their great football but higher academic standards. Harbaugh at Stanford kinda busted that myth. Tressel changed by CHEATING and Mark Dantonio was part of that process in Columbus during the early years. He has taken full advantage of the arrogant mismanagement of Michigan football from 2007 through 2014 and it has turned into an effective marketing tool for his program and especially in recruiting. He ran his mouth quite frequently at both Rich Rod and Hoke taking shots at both and he has even opened it a little since Harbaugh took over. He knows, however, that Harbaugh is not Rich Rod (even though he respects RR as a coach) and certainly not Brady Hoke. MSU has enjoyed good times and I am glad for that because I always felt a little sorry for them being so far behind Michigan. They have been ahead lately, however, Harbaugh;s hire is most likely going to change that once again.

I'd be surprised if HARBAUGH at Michigan affects MSU much at all

I'm not a fan of either school, but as an independent observer of both...it's obvious that MSU will be a major player on Big10 and national stage as long as Dantonio is there

Michigan fans hoping they come back to thhe pack in the near future are going to be sorely disappointed. Dantonio is only getting ore established and able to recruit more and more of the talent he wants

MSU under Dantonio will be a top level contender, it's as simple as that

Reactions: roaringfork green
Ugh!! Here we go again! Deck Head and his point of WISHFUL wisdom. Run along now, Kelly and his make believe group of national; contenders in South Bend are waiting for you as they prepare to play the Coast Guard after Army, Navy, and Air Force on their schedule. Fear is a terrible thing. It's ok. Harbaugh and company will not set foot in South Bend for some time now. Good luck Deck!!!!

Reactions: PharmD Blue
Ugh!! Here we go again! Deck Head and his point of WISHFUL wisdom. Run along now, Kelly and his make believe group of national; contenders in South Bend are waiting for you as they prepare to play the Coast Guard after Army, Navy, and Air Force on their schedule. Fear is a terrible thing. It's ok. Harbaugh and company will not set foot in South Bend for some time now. Good luck Deck!!!!

Knowing how BRIAN KELLY kicked the evre living sh*t out of that crap program of yours, and then ditchedthem like a fat girl before prom night, must really burn you

Don't worry buddy
I pointed out EXACTLY how Michigan's season was going to go last year (and was 100% right) and that's a trend that's not going anywhere

Prepare for another season packed with losses and pathetic offense

I'm constantly amazed at how many Michigan fans read Sharp. He's strictly sparty and like most reporters and newscasters today, preaches his own agena vs the actual news.
Sharp is not a spartan fan. Last year he had a vote in the AP ballot for top 25. Go back and look which writer was always the lowest vote for MSU. Sharp consistently had MSU ranked far below everyone else.

What he seems to be is anti Big Ten more than anything.

Decker what makes you think Harbaugh wont be successful at Michigan? He's been successful everywhere he's been, why not um. And you keep touting your horn about last years game but michigan has won 4 out of the last six and Ill take two 38-0 victories by michigan than nd's one 31-0 victory. By all means us michigan fans will not be sorely disappointed with Harbaugh at the helm, mark my words guy, you just sound delusional

Okay connssparty since 1956 the record is 33-24, but it does not matter because all the games count right, Msu wanted to play us, its not michigan's fault that state or mac was not as developed as a program at that time.

Knowing how BRIAN KELLY kicked the evre living sh*t out of that crap program of yours, and then ditchedthem like a fat girl before prom night, must really burn you

Don't worry buddy
I pointed out EXACTLY how Michigan's season was going to go last year (and was 100% right) and that's a trend that's not going anywhere

If that's the case, Hoke's wins against Kelly must have put you on lithium.

Enjoy your ceiling with Kelly. You reached it in 2012 - hold on to those memories, pillowbiter. You'll be able to tell your grandkids about how close you came to winning it all (before being prison raped by Alabama)

Kelly has lost 4 or more games with the exception of 1 year during his tenure in South Bend. Guess what? He will continue to stay consistent with that each year. Notre Dame is the historical icon of college football and nothing more. Kelly is going to win enough to maintain his job, however the IRISH will never win another NC during my lifetime and I am 45 years old. I was afraid that Michigan was falling into the same genre- winning 7 or 8 games per year, making a bowl, and then sliding for a decade (Like ND did). Kelly needs to be given credit for at least making ND semi relevant on the national stage once again. It is true that they blasted Michigan last year, however who really cares? Michigan has a winning recrod against ND and Kelly lost a number of games to Michigan with Hoke at the helm. Harbaugh is the guy that can or yet (matter of time when he will) bring Michigan into the same realm of OSU/Alabama/ etc. I have never had a problem with ND and often root for them outside of the UM game. Jabbing back and forth with the Deck Head is hilarious. He hates UM more than most MSU/OSU posters that come on here.

I'm sure you do Spartan fan. Of course you want Michigan to go 7-6 or 6-6. That's not going to happen under Harbaugh and you know that. Michigan's roster is not that depleted and because the Big 10 had success in the bowls last year does not make the conference suddenly as good as the SEC from top to bottom. I do agree with Sharp and that is right now the Big 10 is a ONE team show and that would be OSU. From top to bottom, it is nowhere the football conference like the SEC is and that is a fact that can;t be argued. Playing Purdue, Illinois, Indiana is a far cry from going to South Carolina, Ole Miss, or Tennessee every week. The SEC has a number of RECENT national championships from different programs and OSU is the ONLY Big 10 team to win it since the 2000's began. The other would have been Michigan in 1997. When did the Spartans win a national championship? Was Nixon or Lincoln in office then?
I agree with Sharp about nothing.... he is the most negative person reporting on sports and ca suck eggs all day long I no longer read him and never wil again.

michigan will be lucky to win more than seven. You can pencil in Ls @Utah, MSU, OSU and @ Penn St. You can count one of @Minn, @Maryland and Northwestern as well. That is five. Considering the lack of a passing game and the improvement in some of the teams played, expecting more is delusional.

Oh, and for the twits that post on this site..
1. Yes, you lead the all time series with ND by a few games played before your grandfather was born. Congratulations.
2. Yes, ND was in the championship game in 2012. michigan didn't make it to the championship game even once during the entire BCS era.
3. If ND counted NCs like your rival OSU, ND would also count 1993 when they were voted champs by the same poll that voted OSU champs in 1970.
4. 31-0. I was there, and it was glorious. The only dimming factor? Michigan was a really bad team last year. Now how is that team going to suddenly become undefeated? Harbaugh? He also has never been to a championship game as a college coach (or player).

michigan will be lucky to win more than seven. You can pencil in Ls @Utah, MSU, OSU and @ Penn St. You can count one of @Minn, @Maryland and Northwestern as well. That is five. Considering the lack of a passing game and the improvement in some of the teams played, expecting more is delusional.

Oh, and for the twits that post on this site..
1. Yes, you lead the all time series with ND by a few games played before your grandfather was born. Congratulations.
2. Yes, ND was in the championship game in 2012. michigan didn't make it to the championship game even once during the entire BCS era.
3. If ND counted NCs like your rival OSU, ND would also count 1993 when they were voted champs by the same poll that voted OSU champs in 1970.
4. 31-0. I was there, and it was glorious. The only dimming factor? Michigan was a really bad team last year. Now how is that team going to suddenly become undefeated? Harbaugh? He also has never been to a championship game as a college coach (or player).
I assume 38-0 and 38-0 were even more glorious. And we get the TUOS "pick the time frame in which the games matter" strategy, but it's still idiotic.
Other than the stupid stuff, great post.

Don't worry buddy

Your opinion on Michigan football is as valid as T'eo's girlfriend.

And you didn't "ditch" us. You chickened out.

Hopefully when he gets to an NC, he won't piss down his leg like Kelly did.

Notre Dame in 2015.
Texas- Loss
Georgia Tech-Loss
Clemson-Loss
Stanford-Loss
USC-Loss

Bingo!!!! Kelly stays consistent with his 4-5 losses a year. Clemson will absolutely throttle the Irish
Bingo!!!! Harbaugh will begin his Michigan career with fewer losses than Kelly in hisfirst year at ND where he was 8-5
Kelly is 45-20 at ND since 2010
Bingo!!!! Harbaugh will have FAR fewer losses than Kelly in the next five years at UM.

Last edited:
Who knows how great the SEC is, the good teams don't schedule home and homes with anyone outside of the conference. Alabama hasn't played a road non conf game against a ranked opponent for like 11 years. They schedule "neutral site" games which are always closer to the city/state of the SEC team. You all saw that when you played Bama in Dallas. Then ESPN and every other service have 7/8 SEC teams in the top 25 each year giving the perception of this gauntlet schedule. The best teams in the SEC got rolled in bowls last year. Also you said above that the only difference in OSU and UM is coaching. I disagree. Other than your RB's what other group will make things happen for your offense. The one player on your offense who scared me as an OSU fan left for the NFL early. You can say coaching made the OSU players preseason all Americans but Funchess was able to stand out. I see 9-3 as the ceiling for UM this year and 7-5 as the basement.

I'm not buying it and even with Alabama's defeat at the hands of the Buckeyes. The SEC BOTH East and West are much tougher that the Big 10. Playing at Ole Miss, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Bama, Florida week after week takes a toll on these teams. I can't stand Drew Sharp, but his article about this was SPOT ON in today's Detroit Free Press. He did find time to hammer Harbaugh because he hates Michigan so much. Nevertheless, MSU would possibly lose 3-4 games in either division in the SEC every year and I really believe that. Finally, of course Michigan has benefitted with MSU being down but MSU has al;ways been down in football with the exception of the last few years so where is the argument because its MSU that has to continue to climb to get respect on the national level. Michigan does not because they had it and the program tanked for awhile just like Bama,Tenn, USC, etc. Everyone knows they are coming back under Harbaugh. This is not Rich Rod or Brady Hoke. This is Harbaugh fer Godsakes!!!!!!!

Come on now. The SEC is EXCELLENT from top to bottom. Just because OSU beat Bama 1 time I guess has made you forget what your OVERALL record against the SEC is and I can tell you that it is terrible . As far as the SEC getting rolled in bowls last year, the Big 10 has usually been the standard for that over the past 20 years instead of last year. Michigan was the ONLY Big 10 team with a winning record against the SEC until the past 8 years. Your statement on not knowing how good the SEC is in football is hilarious. Just ask yourself how many NC's they have won in the past 10 years and there is your answer. They are damn good period and they will be good this year. Auburn this year will certainly challenge the Bucks IF you make it back to the game and that is a big IF despite the players you are returning. Speaking of players that you mentioned, 99% of those at Michigan right now on the roster were also offered by OSU so the COACHING has been the difference between the two.

They are not good at the bottom, our worst team in the B1G beat the team that represented the SEC East in their conference championship game last year. You must be drinking the Koolaid that all your neighbors are drinking. I don't care what they did for 7 years, they haven't won the championship the last two years and the teams that won it came from conferences that are supposed to be weak. It's time for the SEC big boys to start scheduling home and homes with other teams in power conferences to prove their preseason ranks. Hell most of the bowl games are played within a short drive of an SEC school.

Come on now. The SEC is EXCELLENT from top to bottom. Just because OSU beat Bama 1 time I guess has made you forget what your OVERALL record against the SEC is and I can tell you that it is terrible . As far as the SEC getting rolled in bowls last year, the Big 10 has usually been the standard for that over the past 20 years instead of last year. Michigan was the ONLY Big 10 team with a winning record against the SEC until the past 8 years. Your statement on not knowing how good the SEC is in football is hilarious. Just ask yourself how many NC's they have won in the past 10 years and there is your answer. They are damn good period and they will be good this year. Auburn this year will certainly challenge the Bucks IF you make it back to the game and that is a big IF despite the players you are returning. Speaking of players that you mentioned, 99% of those at Michigan right now on the roster were also offered by OSU so the COACHING has been the difference between the two.

Also not true about the 99% on UM's roster were offered by OSU. Your starting RB for example who is probably the 2nd highest overall rated recruit you have on the team besides Peppers was not offered. Don't have the time to go through them all but I'd be happy to take any wager on that percentage. In fact I'd bet not even 80% had offers from OSU.

Last edited:
What is the OSU overall record against the SEC? Please post this before you start calling them out or is it that Koolaid your drinking after scoring one victory out of 9 straight losses. Also, please post the amount of NC by the SEC in the last 10 years. Here is the Big 10

OSU. 2014.

Facts are facts- the SEC is the best in football period despite having 1 poor bowl showing in the last 30 years.

Don't forget to add the OSU back to back bowl losses to South Carolina when Holtz was the coach before Spurrier arrived. Then Florida under Urby.

Virginia Tech beat the snot out of you at home and they are in the ACC so I would be careful scheduling a series in places like Baton Rouge each year. They are just as good on the road. Easier for you to keep going to Champaigne to play. I would say Ann Arbor but that won't be the case anymore with Harbaugh the coach because COACHING makes the difference. Ask yourself why Fickell went 6-7 with the same players Urby went 12-0 with. Urby didn't go out and haul in the #1 recruiting class before his first year. He coached that team

Last edited:
You guys crack me up. Here's how I would sum things up:
  1. Coaching does make a difference as scfanblue mentioned. Could not agree more with the Luke Fickell comment - same players drastically different records. I am willing to bet that if Hoke coached either OSU or MSU right now both teams would have 4 losses a piece because he is soft. Coaching matters - it did not then why the heck would schools dole out so much cash for coaches? You might as well not have a coach if PLAYERS make all the difference. For those that argue against this fact you are completely oblivious to any coaching in any sport.
  2. SEC is still as good as it gets. One year is not an indication regarding the strength of a conference. They have not won it all in 2 years - wow, shame on them, they are terrible! Really? 2 years ago Auburn was a great catch away from winning it all - they have always been in the hunt. Top to bottom the SEC is 100x better then the BIG. I would say if OSU and MSU (supposedly the 2 best teams in the BIG right now) played consistently in the SEC they would NOT go undefeated...no way. However, if Auburn, Alabama or Georgia played in the BIG they could go undefeated. The SEC is still better - now you could argue about their complete lack of educational standards (except Vandy) but in terms of pure football, they are the best.
  3. While the SEC is rock solid, the BIG and PAC are catching up - both those conferences are really good and will likely be for the next decade. In the PAC teams like AZ, USC, Oregon, Stanford and UCLA have a lot of talent, great coaches and will be teams to reckon with. In the BIG I expect OSU and MSU will continue to do well (as long as Dantonio is the coach at MSU) and Michigan and PSU will be joining those ranks in the next year or so with Wisconsin always being in contention.
  4. Weather, money, and uniforms matter. I have a buddy who told me that kids in middle school and high school really put a lot of weight into uniforms, brands, etc. I think the Nike and Jordan brand move for Michigan is MUCH MUCH bigger then people anticipate...kids want to be associated with those brands. I also think weather makes a massive difference. The BIG is cold - but probably prepares kids better for the NFL then any other conference. The SEC and PAC have warmer weather which is appealing to a lot of players with speed. Those things do matter.
  5. I don't see OSU winning it all this year - despite being the favorite. I think they will make it to the playoffs since the BIG is pretty weak this year but I don't see them running the table. Having said that, in college football today if you had one game and one coach you could pick to coach that team - Urban and Saban would be right up there so can't bet against them.
  6. Harbaugh will be better at Michigan then he was at Stanford or the 49ers. I think the BIG is going to be in for a surprise. I think this years team will be remarkably better, and that may not show in the record since we lost a lot of players but in Year 2 I think JH is going to be bring us back to full national prominence.
That's my view point :) 19 more days!!! GO BLUE!

We beat Arkansas on the field I don't care what the NCAA shows and this conversation is about football. So we've won two of our last three against the SEC on the field. Who cares what our record has been against the SEC unless you're admitting that OSU is the staple comparison for every conference outside of the SEC. I never said the SEC wasn't the best I'm just stating that the SEC isn't as great as you and the southern brethren believe. You completely ignored my comment about a horrible Indiana team beating Missouri in Missouri. OSU has a home and home with Oklahoma in 2016/17, TCU in 2018/19, and Oregon in 2020/21. Those teams are in conferences that don't have issues with their big dogs playing ranked opponents on the road. It's almost as if the SEC doesn't want anyone to question their dominance if they had a quality team lose to a non conference opponent.

Also if you believe that Va Tech was in the same universe we were at the end of the season then your football knowledge is lacking. Urb is twice the coach Fickell is but Fickell also had a team full of young players and Urb took over with all of these young guys coming back. Urb actually did have a top 5 class before he coached hist first game. I also never said that Harbaugh wouldn't improve the program quickly but as I said before your ceiling is 9-3 this year which would be a vast improvement. If you think that coaching is the end all then why has every national champion for the last 15 years or so had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes on their team. That is what you call a "direct correlation".

PS if you're gonna only go back 10 years to talk about the greatness of SEC football then please don't be a hypocrite when discussing the current relevance of UM football. Most of your fans love giving history lessons and bringing up all time wins as well as the rivalry record because there isn't any other defense.

What is the OSU overall record against the SEC? Please post this before you start calling them out or is it that Koolaid your drinking after scoring one victory out of 9 straight losses. Also, please post the amount of NC by the SEC in the last 10 years. Here is the Big 10

OSU. 2014.

Facts are facts- the SEC is the best in football period despite having 1 poor bowl showing in the last 30 years.

Don't forget to add the OSU back to back bowl losses to South Carolina when Holtz was the coach before Spurrier arrived. Then Florida under Urby.

Virginia Tech beat the snot out of you at home and they are in the ACC so I would be careful scheduling a series in places like Baton Rouge each year. They are just as good on the road. Easier for you to keep going to Champaigne to play. I would say Ann Arbor but that won't be the case anymore with Harbaugh the coach because COACHING makes the difference. Ask yourself why Fickell went 6-7 with the same players Urby went 12-0 with. Urby didn't go out and haul in the #1 recruiting class before his first year. He coached that team

The SEC is much better than the Big 10 period and I am from the Midwest not the South. Say what you want and brag about a few victories here or there but facts are facts. AND it goes way back beyond the last 10 years and your overall win record against your southern brethren is LOUSY

Was it much better a few years ago....yea I'd probably agree with that. Is it much better now.....don't think so. It's better but like tarun mentioned above the B1G and PAC are catching up. Hell even the Big 12 is making strides. Again I'll repeat it for a 3rd time how can you justify the whole conference is much better when our worst team beat a team that represented the SEC in their conf championship game? I'm not even bringing up the bowls. I'll also ask again, what does it matter what OSU's record has been against the SEC in the past, we are talking about conferences not just one team. If it goes way back past 10 years then why does the B1G have 39 national champions to the SEC's 29?

Last edited:
I'll take Harbaugh over Kelly any day and twice on Saturday.

Most fan bases would.

Kelly hasn't done shit in South Bend - he only looks good compared to Weis - but that's not much of a stretch.

Haha - he's accomplished a hell of a lot more than your coach.

As much as I don't wanna defend UM, could you define "a hell of a lot more"? Harbaugh at least has a BCS bowl win under his belt with the Orange Bowl while he was at Stanford. Kelly's biggest win is possibly the Music City Bowl from this past season.

HAHA!!! What has he done at ND except underperform? Congrats on a pinstripe bowl victory or whatever it was. He is one of the worst coaches in the country...absolutely no player development and consistently does less with more. Enjoy!

Harbaughs biggest victory of his career is an Orange Bowl though so it's not like he's got this fantastic resume. Harbaughs resume looks like Coopers from Ohio State, won a bunch of games with very little to show for it.

Harbaughs biggest victory of his career is an Orange Bowl though so it's not like he's got this fantastic resume. Harbaughs resume looks like Coopers from Ohio State, won a bunch of games with very little to show for it.

Yawn. Tell me what cooper did again in the pros? Sure, different league but he had had success at every level. Not to mention he took over programs that were horrible in college and completely turned them around. Keep telling yourself that, though

Cooper won one less partially big game in the NFL than Jimmy. I'm sorry but hanging your hat on a semifinal victory gets you no kudos. Besides Saban sucked in the NFL and he's been extremely successful in college. Chip Kelly owned Jimmy in college and Jimmy had more success thus far in the NFL. Urban took over crappy programs and turned them around way faster than it took Jimmy to turn around Stanford. What is it with you UM guys avoiding my statements. You never really disputed the fact that Jimmy's biggest win is an Orange Bowl victory.
Yawn. Tell me what cooper did again in the pros? Sure, different league but he had had success at every level. Not to mention he took over programs that were horrible in college and completely turned them around. Keep telling yourself that, though

Cooper won one less partially big game in the NFL than Jimmy. I'm sorry but hanging your hat on a semifinal victory gets you no kudos. Besides Saban sucked in the NFL and he's been extremely successful in college. Chip Kelly owned Jimmy in college and Jimmy had more success thus far in the NFL. Urban took over crappy programs and turned them around way faster than it took Jimmy to turn around Stanford. What is it with you UM guys avoiding my statements. You never really disputed the fact that Jimmy's biggest win is an Orange Bowl victory.

Keep dreaming. What is it with you Buckeyes trying to avoid the facts. Yeah, urban really took over crappy programs at Florida and Ohio state. Give me a break. Stanford was 1-11 when Harbaugh got there!! Sure Urban did well at Utah, but where he had the greatest success, Florida and now Ohio state, the resources and talent he has had to work with are far superior to what Jim had at Stanford when he got their. And if you want to compare what Urban did at Utah and Bowling Green, let's remember the cream puff conferences he did his "turnaround" jobs at there. Heck, if you want to go by that then we can say Brady Hoke did a great job because he "turned around" Ball State. Keep living in your little dream world, but fact is cooper doesn't hold a candle to Harbaugh. And Harbaugh did a far better turnaround job than what urban did anywhere else. Sorry to tell you that but you blind homerism with Urby has really clouded your judgement.

Last edited:
Again you still haven't disputed the fact that Jimmy's biggest win ever was an Orange Bowl. Urban went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl his 2nd year there. It took Jimmy 3 years and the best QB since Peyton Manning just to have a winning record at Stanford. He was 4-8 then 5-7 in his first two years. If you think what Harbaugh did at Stanford sniffs how what Urb did at Utah you're smoking the good stuff. Harbaugh is a good coach and will turn UM around but he isn't on Urb or Sabans level until he wins some big games.
Keep dreaming. What is it with you Buckeyes trying to avoid the facts. Yeah, urban really took over crappy programs at Florida and Ohio state. Give me a break. Stanford was 1-11 when Harbaugh got there!! Sure Urban did well at Utah, but where he had the greatest success, Florida and now Ohio state, the resources and talent he has had to work with are far superior to what Jim had at Stanford when he got their. And if you want to compare what Urban did at Utah and Bowling Green, let's remember the cream puff conferences he did his "turnaround" jobs at there. Heck, if you want to go by that then we can say Brady Hoke did a great job because he "turned around" Ball State. Keep living in your little dream world, but fact is cooper doesn't hold a candle to Harbaugh. And Harbaugh did a far better turnaround job than what urban did anywhere else. Sorry to tell you that but you blind homerism with Urby has really clouded your judgement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT