ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Winston

Again, 1 title. He has a pretty good record, sure. But far from truly one of the elites. Just look at the head to head match ups. Keep drinking your glass of delusion.
Elite recruits are those kids who take you to seven final fours in 18 years. MSU is not hung up on star rankings. It's all about results. Now tell me Izzo doesn't get results, big bro?

Elite recruits are those kids who take you to seven final fours in 18 years. MSU is not hung up on star rankings. It's all about results. Now tell me Izzo doesn't get results, big bro?

You say MSU is not hung up on star rankings? Why was all of Sparty nation doing back-flips when 5* Swanigan committed?

You say MSU is not hung up on star rankings? Why was all of Sparty nation doing back-flips when 5* Swanigan committed?
Of course it was exciting to think Swanigan would play for MSU. He has the potential to be a great player. But MSU will continue to win without him. I realize how tough it is being a UM fan these days, buried in mediocrity.But you have a great women's softball team!

Good stuff. When you say 'buried' in mediocrity...that implies UM has no hope in the short term. Sort of like back in the Amaker days. I am pretty hopeful with the basketball program. I wouldn't classify the basketball program as stuck in mediocrity. Neither would you.

In regards to the football program...you are correct but something tells me that Harbaugh will get the job done within a few years to make UM a Big Ten power.

So I hope you appreciated the mediocrity of UM. Congrats on the relative success of MSU.

By the way....did you hear about this new UM sports complex being built for UM track & field?

Good stuff. When you say 'buried' in mediocrity...that implies UM has no hope in the short term. Sort of like back in the Amaker days. I am pretty hopeful with the basketball program. I wouldn't classify the basketball program as stuck in mediocrity. Neither would you.

In regards to the football program...you are correct but something tells me that Harbaugh will get the job done within a few years to make UM a Big Ten power.

So I hope you appreciated the mediocrity of UM. Congrats on the relative success of MSU.

By the way....did you hear about this new UM sports complex being built for UM track & field?
I do appreciate UM's mediocrity and look forward to many more years of it. Beeline is a good coach, not great but a good fit for UM because all he has to do is have an occasional good year. Remember last year, not even an NIT bid but UM fans continue to claim he is a much better coach than Izzo. Go figure!

First...the spelling of the name is Beilein. Maybe an intentional slight.

Yeah...those recent Big Ten titles is a sure sign of mediocrity. Have to check on this Winston update now.

Reality Man

You have to understand, when a program like msu was buried in mediocrity for 5 decades in football, a handful of good years has their fan base providing some serious comic relief. We have already talked about the relatively decent resume izzo has put together. Danantonio is simply a product of being lucky at the right time as other teams struggled.

First...the spelling of the name is Beilein. Maybe an intentional slight.

Yeah...those recent Big Ten titles is a sure sign of mediocrity. Have to check on this Winston update now.

Reality Man
Keep dreaming. Hard to spell correctly the name of a coach when mediocrity keeps him out of the press.

You have to understand, when a program like msu was buried in mediocrity for 5 decades in football, a handful of good years has their fan base providing some serious comic relief. We have already talked about the relatively decent resume izzo has put together. Danantonio is simply a product of being lucky at the right time as other teams struggled.
Yer so jealous big bro! Wake me up when UM is relevant again.

Wake us up when anyone outside of the state of Michigan even knows who Danantonio and msu are! You mad, bro? Your jealously shows based on you living on this board!!!

Wake us up when anyone outside of the state of Michigan even knows who Danantonio and msu are! You mad, bro? Your jealously shows based on you living on this board!!!
I'm living on this board because I'm bored and you are funnier than any stand up comedian on TV. Keep up the good work, Farm Pee.

Aww, is somebody getting upset? Don't worry sport, you can stay around as long as you like. It is like seeing a recurring episode of the 3 Stooges, all in one!!! I bet danantonio and the dresses get a kick out of this as well. Thanks little brah!

Reactions: roaringfork green
And Wolverine fans claim that the SUV roll over was the only reason Izzo had the success he's had. A relatively decent resume?? Seriously? I know your hate for Izzo runs deep but give the man his due. Imagine if Izzo was UM coach? I mean you all have Harbaugh in the hall of fame and he hasn't coached a game at M.

Reactions: roaringfork green
Aww, is somebody getting upset? Don't worry sport, you can stay around as long as you like. It is like seeing a recurring episode of the 3 Stooges, all in one!!! I bet danantonio and the dresses get a kick out of this as well. Thanks little brah!
I apologize. My momma didn't raise me to be mean to those who are so down and out! I really do hope for your sake that someday UM will be relevant again. Be patient and hang in there. Over and out.

I do appreciate UM's mediocrity and look forward to many more years of it. Beeline is a good coach, not great but a good fit for UM because all he has to do is have an occasional good year. Remember last year, not even an NIT bid but UM fans continue to claim he is a much better coach than Izzo. Go figure!

If UM had made any tournament last season with the line-up available, Beilien should have voted coach of the year. And yet it took the great MSU
team overtime to beat UM on their home court against a team that no starter's from the previous season (unlike MSU). Keep blowing Izzo's horn,
but the first time he played a team with a pulse, he was blown out.

If UM had made any tournament last season with the line-up available, Beilien should have voted coach of the year. And yet it took the great MSU
team overtime to beat UM on their home court against a team that no starter's from the previous season (unlike MSU). Keep blowing Izzo's horn,
but the first time he played a team with a pulse, he was blown out.
Sounds like jealousy rearing its ugly little head again. Shoulda coulda woulda! Yer funnier than that other doofus.

Your confusion is understood since lil bro has been beating the brains out of big bro for years now with no end in sight.

Beating the brains out? You realize Izzo has a losing record vs Michigan the last 5 years, right? Or is that not recent enough for you?

Beating the brains out? You realize Izzo has a losing record vs Michigan the last 5 years, right? Or is that not recent enough for you?
And you realize that MSU has won the last four, don't you. I'll give B---- credit. He's a good coach. Congrats to having a better record last five years. We'll see what happens next five years. Can't wait.

And you realize that MSU has won the last four, don't you.

Which 4 games in a row would those be? Because Michigan has slumped to a 2-3 record vs MSU the last 2 years.

I tell you man, MSU wins the season series for the first time since 2010 and you certainly get all uppity. Kinda funny to watch.

Which 4 games in a row would those be? Because Michigan has slumped to a 2-3 record vs MSU the last 2 years.

I tell you man, MSU wins the season series for the first time since 2010 and you certainly get all uppity. Kinda funny to watch.
I am uppity. When UM goes to its seventh final four, let me know. Then u too can brag. For now, yes, you've had some recent success. Izzo hasn't missed an NCAA in 18 years! Your argument that B--- is a better coach just doesn't fly!

I am uppity. When UM goes to its seventh final four, let me know. Then u too can brag. For now, yes, you've had some recent success. Izzo hasn't missed an NCAA in 18 years! Your argument that B--- is a better coach just doesn't fly!

I must've missed where I made that argument. But if you care to compare Izzo's timeline at MSU to Beilein who was at Richmond and WVU during the same tenure, at least control for expectations. Izzo has been phenomenal at making the Final Four. Once there he has a terrible record, however, which should probably be noted.

In the last 5 years, Beilein has more conference titles, a better record head to head, more players picked in the 1st round of the draft, and the only appearance in the title game of either of them.

Izzo used to do a lot better than Beilein, though he used to have a lot more talent to work with. Now that they are on equal footing with talent, Beilein has gotten better results.

I must've missed where I made that argument. But if you care to compare Izzo's timeline at MSU to Beilein who was at Richmond and WVU during the same tenure, at least control for expectations. Izzo has been phenomenal at making the Final Four. Once there he has a terrible record, however, which should probably be noted.

In the last 5 years, Beilein has more conference titles, a better record head to head, more players picked in the 1st round of the draft, and the only appearance in the title game of either of them.

Izzo used to do a lot better than Beilein, though he used to have a lot more talent to work with. Now that they are on equal footing with talent, Beilein has gotten better results.
Okay, all good points. I think Izzo will continue to get his opportunities to win the big one. Beilein could also, but he's off to an 0 for one start. Let's face it, most teams have terrible winning records against the current true elites, Duke and Kentucky.

Blockm2, you are right Beilein and Izzo haven been pretty much even over the past 5 seasons. BTW this topic has gone way over the edge.

Hey Roaring Fork,

I forgot to add Big Ten Tourney baseball champions too. Looks like the baseball program is on the rise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT