ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Winston

Blue66

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Does the Tyus commitment mean we are out of the Winston sweepstakes?

I think Cassius wants to come now. That is Burke and Hardaway all over again. We will have another opening next yr as Davis will reclassify. Thoughts??

No inside info, but the conventional wisdom is that we would round out the class with a point guard. Winston and Gooden are the two names heard the most, but there are other options out there as well. I would think getting Battle goes a long way towards attracting an elite talent, whomever that might be.

Reactions: SLUGberger
I actually think this improves UM's chances with Cassius. Tyus is a two guard and Cassius is a point guard. Beilein has stated he wants a PG in next year's class. Can you imagine the combination of Cassius and Tyus? That would be one sick backcourt and would position UM nicely for another final 4 run.

It looks like Michigan has pulled even with MSU for Winston. This is going to be a photo finish.

Actually, Michigan IMO, leads for Cassius Winston. A better fit offensively, an elite backcourt mate in Tyus Battle & actual recent production in terms of developing pro's. Not to mention he would play behind Walton for only a year before taking the team over. It's just a better fit in many ways, even coaching style. I'm not saying it's a done deal because it's absolutely not, but there have been many posts by very well known posters around the web that have posted the very same thing recently.
Winston & Battle would be a hell of a backcourt.
After Winston...UMhoops posted an article recently about the other PG prospects..my preference in order would be Murray, Brown, Goodin, Aiken, Walker. We're still in there with Murray but that's probably unlikely. Bruce Brown isn't a true PG but if we miss on Winston, I'm ok with taking more of a combo guard in '16 seeing as though we need another PG in '17 (because of depth issues, and making '17 a true PG). Brown is a elite athlete.

Does the Tyus commitment mean we are out of the Winston sweepstakes?

Winston is a point and Battle is a 2. Winston is Beilein's top priority at the point guard position in the 2016 class. Winston is a msu fan, but let's be honest, Michigan's offense is much more Likely to get a guard ready for the NBA. Beilein also develops guards much better, much faster than the angry one. Msu might be stuck with the amazing Tum Tum running the point, but hey, he's such a great leader. Lol.

Winston is a point and Battle is a 2. Winston is Beilein's top priority at the point guard position in the 2016 class. Winston is a msu fan, but let's be honest, Michigan's offense is much more Likely to get a guard ready for the NBA. Beilein also develops guards much better, much faster than the angry one. Msu might be stuck with the amazing Tum Tum running the point, but hey, he's such a great leader. Lol.
We swept you last season with the amazing Tum Tum at the point.

Reactions: superbird38
We swept you last season with the amazing Tum Tum at the point.

Nicely done. Your OT win at home was mighty impressive. I realize it had been years since you swept us, so don't get too attached to the idea. It'll be 20 years before we have such a young and inexperienced roster again.

Reactions: tscheff
Nicely done. Your OT win at home was mighty impressive. I realize it had been years since you swept us, so don't get too attached to the idea. It'll be 20 years before we have such a young and inexperienced roster again.
Oh ya, the young and inexperienced excuse again. Yer comments are funnier than watching Comedy Central!

Oh ya, the young and inexperienced excuse again. Yer comments are funnier than watching Comedy Central!

I merely state facts. If you'd like to be an excuse, so be it. What's your excuse for Beilein having a winning record vs Izzo the last 5 years combined?

I merely state facts. If you'd like to be an excuse, so be it. What's your excuse for Beilein having a winning record vs Izzo the last 5 years combined?
Well of corse, young and inexperienced. I'm still waiting for you to back up your fact that all NBA execs would pick Crawford over Anderson?

Well of corse, young and inexperienced. I'm still waiting for you to back up your fact that all NBA execs would pick Crawford over Anderson?

Like I said, when I get done laughing I'll get back to you. It'll be a while. I've read a lot of dumb things on the internet, but your suggestion Anderson is a better player than Crawford is up there.

Like I said, when I get done laughing I'll get back to you. It'll be a while. I've read a lot of dumb things on the internet, but your suggestion Anderson is a better player than Crawford is up there.
All I'm asking for is proof backing up your statement. Haven't seen it yet. I never said either way who is better.

Alan Anderson is the complete opposite of Crawford and a much better ALL AROUND basketball player as I stated in a prior post.

All I'm asking for is proof backing up your statement. Haven't seen it yet. I never said either way who is better.

Sorry, I get various MSU flamers confused. I didn't realize you were jumping in to defend an MSU fan you disagree with.

MSU should have beaten that JV UM team by 40 points and instead were lucky to win the game.

Beilein's player development is 50 times better than Izzo which is why Swanigan finally came to his senses after being sold some snake oil. Winston will do the right thing or Winston will barely be an NBA prospect in 2-4 years.

MSU should have beaten that JV UM team by 40 points and instead were lucky to win the game.

Beilein's player development is 50 times better than Izzo which is why Swanigan finally came to his senses after being sold some snake oil. Winston will do the right thing or Winston will barely be an NBA prospect in 2-4 years.
Quite an exclamation big bro! U shoulda beat EMU, too but didn't. U didn't even make NIT! We have qualified 18 years in a row under Izzo with 7 Final Fours. Those are the facts, ma'am. Love being lil bro and beating the crap outta big bro time and again. Bring back Mike Hart, my hero!

Was just checking in...been out of the loop for awhile. Boy somebody is certainly defensive. A little sensitive, are we??? Thanks for coming to the Michigan board lil bro.

I think everyone loves it! Thank you for seeing the light. While you're here, could you tell me the last time izzo landed an elite recruit? Seems like this isn't an area msu has any experience in and was hoping you could clarify. Thanks!!

I think everyone loves it! Thank you for seeing the light. While you're here, could you tell me the last time izzo landed an elite recruit? Seems like this isn't an area msu has any experience in and was hoping you could clarify. Thanks!!
All his recruits are elite. Check his record, silly!
It's only an excuse if Izzo uses it. And he has plenty of excuses when he loses.
Which isn't very often.

All his recruits must be elite because he has one hell of a record in case you've forgotten.

Still waiting for an answer. While his record is pretty good, he does only have one national title. What this says is that he does a good job beating a lot of teams he should, but when he faces the true elite programs he always falls short

Funny stuff.. You make 2 final fours in 20 years and so you focus on finding flaws in Tom Izzo... ??

Tom Izzo is the most successful college coach in state of Michigan history... That's Bball or football.. Yep.. That means he eclipsed BO long ago. And I loved BO.. Please don't kick a 7 time final four coach... Makes your bball program look worse not better when you do.. you have a good coach.. No doubt. Izzo is king around here

Still waiting for an answer. While his record is pretty good, he does only have one national title. What this says is that he does a good job beating a lot of teams he should, but when he faces the true elite programs he always falls short
Record is pretty good? You are so funny and probably really envious. I feel for you big bro.

Right, he only loses to Duke and North Carolina every time they play. Maybe one of these days he will figure it out.
If Izzo is only a pretty good coach with his record, then Beeline must be barely mediocre, right? Or do you believe regular season wins are more indicative of success than final four/nat championships?

Funny stuff.. You make 2 final fours in 20 years and so you focus on finding flaws in Tom Izzo... ??

Tom Izzo is the most successful college coach in state of Michigan history... That's Bball or football.. Yep.. That means he eclipsed BO long ago. And I loved BO.. Please don't kick a 7 time final four coach... Makes your bball program look worse not better when you do.. you have a good coach.. No doubt. Izzo is king around here

Again, 1 title. He has a pretty good record, sure. But far from truly one of the elites. Just look at the head to head match ups. Keep drinking your glass of delusion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT