ADVERTISEMENT

Bullshit spot. Barrett was stopped.

I initially thought he was stopped. After replay...it was close but I got the impression the refs had home field perspective.

I didn't see the same thing the announcers saw. I saw Barrett in the air but I didn't see the ball go across the spot. I don't think they wanted anything to do with measuring the ball because it should have been about 4-6 inches back and it would have been close.

It definitely was a home game call. I think even Buckeye fans would agree.

RM

Could have gone either way. If the spot went against my team I would be upset, but could see the arguemment. As it went for my team I was elated, but I could see the argument.

Reactions: spartyhater
Reasonable. Did you get the impression the refs were slightly tilted to the OSU side? I did. UM did their best to lose that game but I did notice the tilt.

RM

Why have replay if it's still a Refs call to make and not the facts of video? It's a waste, and the process makes the game worse than just not having it.
Don't get me wrong though... I'm a big boy fan and realize sometimes you have to beat the team and the refs.. that's the game...play harder, score more, etc. plus, you always have to win the turnover war to win a big game and we didn't ...but...give up on replay if games are going to end like this with so much on the line

They didn't need to measure it. The ball started on the 25, if any part was on the 15 it's a first down.

Reactions: Susan
Reasonable. Did you get the impression the refs were slightly tilted to the OSU side? I did. UM did their best to lose that game but I did notice the tilt.

RM

What are you looking for Reality Man, me to say they it was a "rigged" game? Over the course of the game I saw several calls that I was happy to see for the Buckeyes way. Again, I could see the argument that in retrospect the calls overall favored the Buckeyes, but I don't see any cheating that went on through the game. For the most part one team will get more calls or will get the call in their favor at a critical moment, in any game.

It was a classic that adds to The Game's lore and will make it that much better for you when the Wolverines eventually win one- and I know it will happen sooner than later. This season however, I'll take the team's victory regardless of how it happened.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
What are you looking for Reality Man, me to say they it was a "rigged" game? Over the course of the game I saw several calls that I was happy to see for the Buckeyes way. Again, I could see the argument that in retrospect the calls overall favored the Buckeyes, but I don't see any cheating that went on through the game. For the most part one team will get more calls or will get the call in their favor at a critical moment, in any game.

It was a classic that adds to The Game's lore and will make it that much better for you when the Wolverines eventually win one- and I know it will happen sooner than later. This season however, I'll take the team's victory regardless of how it happened.
Of course you'd take this victory, no matter how you got it.
Your an ohio fan.

Reactions: rojo36
I'm yet to see any fan, of any team, in any sport, say at the end of the game, "That call could have gone either way. I wish it went against my team so we would lose."

There is no doubt that Michigan outplayed the Buckeyes most of the game, but the Wolverines weren't able to put it away

I don't think the game was anywhere close to poorly officiated but home teams have an advantage and great road teams need to overcome it. UM had plenty of changes to win and they let the refs put their thumb on the scale ever so slightly.

I thought a bigger reason for the loss was Samuel turning a 5-10 yard loss into a 4th down conversion rather than a fg attempt.

RM

I'm yet to see any fan, of any team, in any sport, say at the end of the game, "That call could have gone either way. I wish it went against my team so we would lose."

There is no doubt that Michigan outplayed the Buckeyes most of the game, but the Wolverines weren't able to put it away
Yep.

The officiating was a complete joke.

The horrific game-deciding spot, the hold on Darboh by Conley (bear hug) and the PI call on Hill where the ball was uncatchable.

One penalty to Ohio State all afternoon.

One.

LOL. There should have and could have been 7-8.

One.

Michigan was jobbed. "Here ya go Buckeyes, have a fresh set of (unearned) downs at the nine in OT."

Jobbed.

Go Blue. Always.

he clearly didnt get it, the ball was never over any part of the 15 yard line. the closest it got was when it touched the butt of the ohio state lineman barrett ran into. that lineman actually was standing on the 15 yard line. the ball never got there.

awful officiating job all day. eventually there's gonna be big problems with how shit the referees are all over college football.

Reactions: rojo36
I thought he was short but the spot was extremely close - I figured they'd never overturn the call on the field.

What gets me the most is the double-standard on pass interference. OSU was bailed out when they called it on us (on 3rd down for them) on an uncatchable ball and bailed out when they didn't call it on them (on 3rd down for us) on a ball that was right in the numbers. The pass interference disparity was horses**t. If you're going to call it, call it both ways.

I thought he was short but the spot was extremely close - I figured they'd never overturn the call on the field.

What gets me the most is the double-standard on pass interference. OSU was bailed out when they called it on us (on 3rd down for them) on an uncatchable ball and bailed out when they didn't call it on them (on 3rd down for us) on a ball that was right in the numbers. The pass interference disparity was horses**t. If you're going to call it, call it both ways.
Jimmy crying about it was priceless!

For the slow people who weren't sure if the ball crossed the line:

15179156_10100562959012958_6995307517549747659_n.jpg

For the slower people who want to blame the refs...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...d-urban-meyer-college-football-playoff-112616

Reactions: Akbull
The officiating was certainly tilted to the home team (maybe even moreso than usual). The non-call hold on Lewis and the non call takedown on Darboh may have been the two most obvious. The first down in OT was mighty close (and might have gone either way on a neutral field), but the call on Hill was legit, (the ball was very catchable). The non call on Perry might have been called but it was less egregious than Hill's. The refs hurt but not as much as the turnovers. The roughing the punter, the too few jet sweeps, and the several Peppers two yards and a cloud of dust plays hurt too. And Mich again got a bit conservative on both sides of the ball in the 4th. One factor might have been the wind...but that wasn't the the only factor in OSU playing kind'a downhill in the 4th.

I am not an Ohio State fan. The guy got right to the line. It was close, but it was certainly not a blatantly bad spot like Harbaigh and some people on here are making it out to be

Reactions: BigTenFanatic80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT