ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here at the Michigan V Colorado Hail Mary Game?

The Colorado Folks Were Jumping Around

I brought a friend who was a huge Colorado fan whose brother was doing the play by play that day for the Buff's. My buddy was jumping around and screaming, of course.

On the sideline. First thought when I saw the trajectory of the ball in

air and the Colorado receivers behind our secondary was that they were going to catch the ball cleanly. Our secondary got back, but was still out of position for the bounce.

The other posts do a good job of describing the haunting silence of that moment. An absolutely surreal scene. That team and that coach never recovered.

Frankly, the fan base never recovered until the refs blue the final whistle in Pasadena 3 years later.

I was there. Was worse than Miami in 1987.

Imagine the end of the ND game and think complete opposite. AA was a morgue that night.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

sitting 6 rows up and watched it happen right in front of me. Saw a lot of great ones from 1979 to 1994 then moved away.

Was in the student section sitting

quite near where Colorado had the ball at before the pass. My parents are both Nebraska alums so I had seen a lot of Big 8 football before that game. So my buddy who I was sitting next to me said, 'Can he throw the ball that far?' and I said 'There is no way he can throw the ball that far.' Needless to say I didn't go into a career of scouting football, and that was the a tough one to swallow.

Then the next year I left the stadium early during the Virginia game, only to hear the crowd's reaction to the touchdown pass from the street next to the IM building. Tough couple of games as a fan for me.

Yes!

It was like all the air in the stadium was sucked out. Worst experience I have ever had at the Big House.

Been to 2 games at the big house 94 colorado and ND this year...

I got a flare for the dramatic. Honestly after 94 my father did not want to go back, I convinced him we were owed one, and boy did we get paid back...What a game Go Blue

Yup. I think it was the beginning of the end for one of my favorite Michigan coaches, Gary Moeller.

4 stages of grief: Denial, anger, depression - no acceptance yet, though.

I refuse to watch that play ever again.

yep, that was my freshman year

Everyone I was with just walked home after the game, without saying a single word.

I was somewhat homesick at the time, so the next morning I was just feeling really depressed. Ugh.

Re:I was on Colorado's sideline

Die hard Wolverine here, but back in 1994 my dad's best friend was the Buffs head coach so he had me down on the sideline. I loved the Buffs my whole childhood. The Michigan fan in me was sad, but one of the most incredible moments I've ever been apart of.

Was there. All I could think was, ARE

YOU FU*KING KIDDING ME? NO WAY THAT IS POSSIBLE!

Similar to how ND, MSU and PSU felt when we pulled out last minutes scores to steal a game.

The Florida State game was the worst by far. To get crushed in the Big House was ridiculous.

Yes and have a funny story about that weekend

I live in Colorado and went out to the game with 3 buddies, we flew standbye both ways. I remember at the game Michigan was controlling the game early and my best friend said, wow I didn't expect this. I hope we can just make this a game. I said man it's a long ways to go so don't be discouraged.

After the Kordell throw there was about 108,000 silent people and you could hear about 2000 fans screaming it was kind of strange. The CU fans were running around going crazy, but there was so few of them that it was kind of surreal

Well, after the game when we flew home we were waiting to see if we could get on a fight. The lady at the gate called us and said there are 4 seats left get on the plane and sit in them. I was first on and there were a few seats in First class but the flight attendant told us to keep going and get in the seats in coach. So I kept walking and the only seat left in coach was the last aisle between 2 fat people so I sat down and had to put my feet on my carry on bad. I was extremely uncomfortable. Well my buddies got called up to first class and flew home in first class while I suffered back in coach. Man that was the topper to the weekend and we still laugh about it to this day.

I said "I don't believe this" and the Colorado fan

In front of me said "me either". I wanted to smack her.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

if you get shot in the chest and are about to die. No physical pain but all

other bodily functions were shut down in order to compensate for what just happened and for you not to just drop dead right there.

Re: I was in Vegas, spread was Colorado +4.5, it was insane

Funny you say that; As the play happened, I was hugging the guy next to me (total stranger at the start of the game) and screamimng we covered the F***ing spread too damn it! Then it all went silent, I never saw the play live, & sat in my seat for 45 minutes at least. Wandered back to by buddies house on 5th ave, and they were about to go out searching for me.

Real Bad day!

Re: I was there.

Sorry you're so f'ing old
3dgrin.gif

I thought you were a young laddy by your sig pics. Glad you had that experience!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT