ADVERTISEMENT

You're welcome. What I enjoyed most out of this article was

that RR was appalled at the last two years of defense. It took the last 2 years at Arizona to realize that he needed to scrap the defensive system. :). LOL. Great stuff. Better late than never.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post...l-new-look-defense-can-plug-the-holes-of-2015

I posted this because I think most of you/us would find this relevant to 'our' history.

RM
So being HC for the worst 3 years of defensive football in UM history wasn't enough to register with him? Wisconsin running the ball 29 straight times against us? Purdue(?) dropping about 50 on RR playing a 3rd string QB who had never played before?
Doesn't get fixed overnight, I guess.

Last edited:
I find it interesting. There was a strong sentiment that one of the biggest problems for RR was not bringing Casteel with him to Michigan to install his unique defensive system rather than RR or the system being the problem. I think this highlights that Casteel was not the panacea/solution a lot assumed he would have been.

I find it interesting. There was a strong sentiment that one of the biggest problems for RR was not bringing Casteel with him to Michigan to install his unique defensive system rather than RR or the system being the problem. I think this highlights that Casteel was not the panacea/solution a lot assumed he would have been.
That is a GREAT observation. Hit it out of the park. I forgot about that....give RR some time to figure out the defensive problems. Well...it looks like it would have taken another couple of years.

Look....RR is a better overall coach thank Hoke but he isn't necessarily a better recruiter or a defensive coach. If you combined the two coaches then you might have a mediocre BT coach who could have succeeded but both of them are flawed to the nth degree.

RM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT