ADVERTISEMENT

Would Harbaugh jump to NFL for 10 million per year?

Lol. It's people like you who keep me coming to these boards. I'm not rooting for Harbaugh to leave. I've said all along that whether it is Harbaugh or some other coach at Michigan, the pendulum will eventually swing back in the Wolverine's favor. I don't want to see a swing in dominance the way the past couple and a half decades have gone- Michigan in the 90's and OSU in the 2000's. I would be perfectly ok if Michigan and OSU were beating each other every year, but the rivalry elevated both programs to the point where whomever won the Game, would be favored for the National Championship.

So here's my question Pharm D- Are you saying that if Harbaugh ever was offered a situation that he found better for himself, he would turn it down because he loves Michigan too much?

That is exactly what I am saying. You are reading too much into the fact that the NFL can offer him so much more money. Fact is, at this point, he already makes more than enough (not to mention that money is not what drives him). And the other fact in this equation is that he has already found what he believes to be the BEST situation for his family, kids and himself. Your point is moot about a better offer coming along in the NFL. You may think the offer sounds better, but to JH he has the best situation already. He is NOT going anywhere...at least for a very, very long time (likely when his kids are all grown up, if he even does).

I do agree about it nice seeing both programs at a very high level. Michigan was so down for so long and he has almost got them back to the top, in his second year. Things are very close, and the rivalry should be epic moving forward (I think next year's game will be a barn-burner despite what people may think right now with the departures Michigan is going to have).

And what facts do you have? Has Harbaugh actually said he would never leave Michigan quote un quote? Not there for the long haul, but would never leave under any circumstance? It seems it is you who and several other posters here who don't read very well.

I said that if Harbaugh ever leaves it would be because he found a better situation. I didn't say he was leaving now, I didn't say that he was biding his time until the right offer came around, I did say that a better situation may never happen. It was in response to those who said he wouldn't leave until he beat OSU, won a National Championship, wouldn't leave because his parents moved to AA, or wouldn't leave because his kids were attending his same elementary school. I give Harbaugh more credit than that.

I say again, Harbaugh will only leave if he sees a better option than what he has now. As I said before, It may be unlikely, it may never happen, but like any high value professional in any occupation, that is the evaluation they make.[/QUOTe

It's clear you don't get it. And y
And what facts do you have? Has Harbaugh actually said he would never leave Michigan quote un quote? Not there for the long haul, but would never leave under any circumstance? It seems it is you who and several other posters here who don't read very well.

I said that if Harbaugh ever leaves it would be because he found a better situation. I didn't say he was leaving now, I didn't say that he was biding his time until the right offer came around, I did say that a better situation may never happen. It was in response to those who said he wouldn't leave until he beat OSU, won a National Championship, wouldn't leave because his parents moved to AA, or wouldn't leave because his kids were attending his same elementary school. I give Harbaugh more credit than that.

I say again, Harbaugh will only leave if he sees a better option than what he has now. As I said before, It may be unlikely, it may never happen, but like any high value professional in any occupation, that is the evaluation they make.

LOL, what facts do I have? The same ones I posted yesterday, at 10:47 a.m.

They're the same facts you either didn't read, or somehow can't comprehend.

Have a mod help you find that post if you have trouble.

Go Blue. Always.

That is exactly what I am saying. You are reading too much into the fact that the NFL can offer him so much more money. Fact is, at this point, he already makes more than enough (not to mention that money is not what drives him). And the other fact in this equation is that he has already found what he believes to be the BEST situation for his family, kids and himself. Your point is moot about a better offer coming along in the NFL. You may think the offer sounds better, but to JH he has the best situation already. He is NOT going anywhere...at least for a very, very long time (likely when his kids are all grown up, if he even does).

I do agree about it nice seeing both programs at a very high level. Michigan was so down for so long and he has almost got them back to the top, in his second year. Things are very close, and the rivalry should be epic moving forward (I think next year's game will be a barn-burner despite what people may think right now with the departures Michigan is going to have).

You're assuming that When I say "best situation" I mean money. If I meant money I would have said money. Right now Michigan is his best situation. A better situation may never show up, but if it did, that's when he would be at risk of leaving.

If you want to assume that a better situation for him is impossible to occur, that is certainly your right to have such an opinion. Time and what situations arise will be the final determiner.

LOL, what facts do I have? The same ones I posted yesterday, at 10:47 a.m.

They're the same facts you either didn't read, or somehow can't comprehend.

Have a mod help you find that post if you have trouble.

Go Blue. Always.
I mean, on the basis of what Klemman is stating, Meyer could jump, so could Saban, so could _____________ if a better offer comes. Sure, not the most impressive thought, but it counts, I guess, as an observation about the universe in its context when it comes to college football. Really it's not an observation at all, is it?

I mean, on the basis of what Klemman is stating, Meyer could jump, so could Saban, so could _____________ if a better offer comes. Sure, not the most impressive thought, but it counts, I guess, as an observation about the universe in its context when it comes to college football. Really it's not an observation at all, is it?

Yeah it's a blanket, with an emphasis on blank.

Harbaugh's ties to Michigan run deep, and the guy loves the school. You know it, I know it, and a kazillion other Michigan fans know it. Some non-Michigan fans know it, but a good many don't, regarding the NFL as the league holding the key to his ultimate happiness/security.

But Michigan is his Dream Job.

The kids attending the same elementary school he did, and Harbaugh's desire to have them settled and stable in Ann Arbor and graduate from that same school might be silly IF Harbaugh was working his way up the ladder and earning small potatoes and a lesser school, but, he's at the top; the dollars say so and that is what he tells friends, family and reporters he believes he can trust.

Agents repping NFL teams keep inquiring and are given short shrift.

They'll keep calling, they'll have offers, but they can't offer The Dream Job.

They can't make up The Michigan Difference.

Go Blue. Always.

Of course it's a blanket statement Detroit John, which is why it's ludicrous to refute it. While not the most impressive thought, it seems the concept is beyond the grasp of some.

If Harbaugh is happy to coach at the college level for the next 12-15 years and has absolutely zero interest in ever being a coach in the NFL again, then I'm sure he'll stay at Michigan. if he wants to stay in the college ranks then I'm sure if a team with great ownership like the Kraft's or Rooney's come calling with a promising roster, franchise QB about to hit his prime, and player personnel control, will get a "thanks but no thanks, I don't even want to meet." response.

Coach discussion:

Jim Harbaugh - "He has his bags packed and ready to go. He's done at Ann Arbor."

Urban Meyer - "This is his dream job and will never go anywhere unless we say he can go."

You're assuming that When I say "best situation" I mean money. If I meant money I would have said money. Right now Michigan is his best situation. A better situation may never show up, but if it did, that's when he would be at risk of leaving.

If you want to assume that a better situation for him is impossible to occur, that is certainly your right to have such an opinion. Time and what situations arise will be the final determiner.

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree on this topic, which is certainly fine.

Of course it's a blanket statement Detroit John, which is why it's ludicrous to refute it. While not the most impressive thought, it seems the concept is beyond the grasp of some.

If Harbaugh is happy to coach at the college level for the next 12-15 years and has absolutely zero interest in ever being a coach in the NFL again, then I'm sure he'll stay at Michigan. if he wants to stay in the college ranks then I'm sure if a team with great ownership like the Kraft's or Rooney's come calling with a promising roster, franchise QB about to hit his prime, and player personnel control, will get a "thanks but no thanks, I don't even want to meet." response.
It is ludicrous to refute because it's a weightless, baseless claim that could be applied to any of the top 10 coaches in college football.

It is ludicrous to refute because it's a weightless, baseless claim that could be applied to any of the top 10 coaches in college football.

What ha ha? So my point is weightless and baseless because it's true? Think about your argument a little as your attempt to be contradictory to me is falling flat. I do thank you however as you do prove my point Detroit. What idiot would say that that leaving for what a Coach finds as a potentially better situation is impossible? Wait, scroll up a bit. (My use of the word "idiot" is just to make a point, I'm not intending to actually insult anyone. Just having fun.)

LOL, except that,

You tried (and failed) to project Harbaugh accepting an NFL offer over raising his kids in A2, and attend the same elementary school he did, while working his Dream Job. You dismiss all of that. Forget already, check your own first post in this thread.

Why you would try and project your thoughts onto him is anyone's guess, but...

a) You are not him.

b) Harbaugh himself has put those reasons on record as to why he's never been happier, and,

c) the A2 thing is happening while he works what he has called his Dream Job, and, not coincidentally

d) NFL offers (that's plural) continue to come in and they get short shrift.

Here for the long haul. I'll take his word and the realities that back it up over a blanket projection of "if that right offer comes along."

It already has.

Go BLUE. Always.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT