ADVERTISEMENT

Wolverines74 is finally back home. Lost much wt, and no strenght.

wolverines74

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Walk with a cane an walker. Go to TUH each week 1 or 2 times besides having a PT /OT and Nurse come to my house. Sleep with a BiPap (Pushes air into my lungs to get them stronger and open) machine at night.

I can not tell you all how much I appreciate your prayers and please, please continue to pray. I have a long way to go. My 1st 6 days were touch and go and the doctors told me I was almost gone 5 times! Used the paddles to get my heart going 5 of the 6 days.
My taste buds are horrible. Can't eat or shall I say don't want to eat. after the first week My wt. dropped from 202 to 148 now 2 months later ( released Feb. 19 entered Dec 10) I'm up to 173.

I take 13 meds 2 times a day at 8 AM /PM. Wolverines I prayed so much and I knew God was listening to all of you. Got to get better so I can make a trip some day to AA to meet Chris Bales. He kept me informed on my cell phone on how the teams were doing. I wish I could have seen the Bowl game! I thank all the mods for their care, concerns, prayers and fellowship .

My cholesterol after yesterday's visit is at 12! Yes 12. Cardio Dr.stated after major operations you lose a lot of wt. diet changes .

I had to remember some scripture that got me through with your love and kindness:

Psalm 46:1-3 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging

Matthew 5:13-16 [ Salt and Light ] 13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. ...

Psalm 18:28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

Luke 10:32-34
32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.

You all are the Salt of the earth
and know that God is STILL in the Miracle business so never give up hope and faith. God Bless and Go Blue "74

PS: Please post this on The Fort for me. I no longer belong there.

God Bless You, Friend. Just said a prayer for you. You've always been one of my favorite posters. Hang in there dude! Eat food and get strong!!!!

Again, God Bless!!!!

Reactions: wolverines74
well, 74, it sounds like we had similar episodes. I was on life support 9 days, lost 44 pounds in 12 days, wife told the odds were 10-90 (not a good bet); visiting nurses, etc. etc.

I never gave it much thought. It either is or isn't. In both of our cases, it "is." So 3 years later life is excellent, heart is stronger than ever, will be spending 21 days in the Philippines and Thailand soon after two 30-day stints in Hawaii.

Just reserved a hotel room for 31 days in AA next September to catch 5 UM games.

I knew you could do it! Your strength gives all of us strength and vice versa. Maybe I'll meet up with you in AA in September. I would like to meet you.

btw, I learned a long time ago that the Lord works in mysterious ways. He taketh and giveth. I celebrate my blessing twice a day. I know you do as well.

well, 74, it sounds like we had similar episodes. I was on life support 9 days, lost 44 pounds in 12 days, wife told the odds were 10-90 (not a good bet); visiting nurses, etc. etc.

I never gave it much thought. It either is or isn't. In both of our cases, it "is." So 3 years later life is excellent, heart is stronger than ever, will be spending 21 days in the Philippines and Thailand soon after two 30-day stints in Hawaii.

Just reserved a hotel room for 31 days in AA next September to catch 5 UM games.

I knew you could do it! Your strength gives all of us strength and vice versa. Maybe I'll meet up with you in AA in September. I would like to meet you.

btw, I learned a long time ago that the Lord works in mysterious ways. He taketh and giveth. I celebrate my blessing twice a day. I know you do as well.
didn't know you went thru all that, arrow. glad you pulled thru!!!!

Walk with a cane an walker. Go to TUH each week 1 or 2 times besides having a PT /OT and Nurse come to my house. Sleep with a BiPap (Pushes air into my lungs to get them stronger and open) machine at night.

I can not tell you all how much I appreciate your prayers and please, please continue to pray. I have a long way to go. My 1st 6 days were touch and go and the doctors told me I was almost gone 5 times! Used the paddles to get my heart going 5 of the 6 days.
My taste buds are horrible. Can't eat or shall I say don't want to eat. after the first week My wt. dropped from 202 to 148 now 2 months later ( released Feb. 19 entered Dec 10) I'm up to 173.

I take 13 meds 2 times a day at 8 AM /PM. Wolverines I prayed so much and I knew God was listening to all of you. Got to get better so I can make a trip some day to AA to meet Chris Bales. He kept me informed on my cell phone on how the teams were doing. I wish I could have seen the Bowl game! I thank all the mods for their care, concerns, prayers and fellowship .

My cholesterol after yesterday's visit is at 12! Yes 12. Cardio Dr.stated after major operations you lose a lot of wt. diet changes .

I had to remember some scripture that got me through with your love and kindness:

Psalm 46:1-3 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging

Matthew 5:13-16 [ Salt and Light ] 13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. ...

Psalm 18:28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.

and know that God is STILL in the Miracle business so never give up hope and faith. God Bless and Go Blue "74

Praying this evening for you 74, keep your eyes on Christ a sure harbor in your great trial. May the peace that surpasses all understanding be with you.

Best wishes as you keep fighting. I'm a fellow believer myself --- life can be rough and I've faced my own rough patches --- but I do believe that the best is ALWAYS yet to come.

'74, wishing nothing but the best. From your updates it's been a very tough battle for you, but hopefully your faith, inner strength, and courage is leading to a victory. Looking forward to when you are able to give us a string of positive updates.

Hang in there 74. We've got your back.
Congrats on the improvement. We are probably similar in age, I'm 65, and anyway on the right side of the dirt is a good day. Especially when the football program gives us a lot of joy just reading about it and watching the games. Again congrats and God Bless.

Congrats on the improvement. We are probably similar in age, I'm 65, and anyway on the right side of the dirt is a good day. Especially when the football program gives us a lot of joy just reading about it and watching the games. Again congrats and God Bless.
any day not anyway.

Do you know if anyone posted this on the fort for you? If not I will do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT