ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky fires coach

Just saw this. I know they have sucked the last 2 seasons, but he had a long run of good teams before that, so this seems like an over-reaction to me. Of course, Wisconsin also "persuaded" his predecessor Jeff Sauer to "retire" after a couple of mediocre to bad seasons, IIRC.

However - I was thinking during the season that it is baffling to me for Wisconsin to have more than 1 bad season in a row. With it's great facilities (heck, their separate women's team arena is better than half the arenas in the old CCHA), great hockey tradition, enthusiastic fan base, and being a school in a city that young people generally want to attend/be in, it seems like they should just be reloading every year, like Minnesota

Just saw this. I know they have sucked the last 2 seasons, but he had a long run of good teams before that, so this seems like an over-reaction to me. Of course, Wisconsin also "persuaded" his predecessor Jeff Sauer to "retire" after a couple of mediocre to bad seasons, IIRC.

However - I was thinking during the season that it is baffling to me for Wisconsin to have more than 1 bad season in a row. With it's great facilities (heck, their separate women's team arena is better than half the arenas in the old CCHA), great hockey tradition, enthusiastic fan base, and being a school in a city that young people generally want to attend/be in, it seems like they should just be reloading every year, like Minnesota

Like Michigan ... er wait. ;)

I don't get it either. And I'm not going to say it was the right move and look like a hypocrite when I've defended the hell out of Red (though if he had two god-awful seasons like Eaves, I might have advocated for a change too).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT