ADVERTISEMENT

Win tonight or NCAA is gone

MichaelSpath

Michigan Man
Aug 28, 2002
because, well, only way in is to win B10 Tournament and that's not going to happen. Someone in the know told me Steve Racine day to day is akin to Billy Sauer playing all of his games in Denver. All it takes is one small thing and is confidence shatters. And in turn, the team in front of him shatters when they see a bad goal go in, which occurred two minutes into the contest. Copp told me the other day, they do a really good job recovering between periods, and we saw that again last night, but BY THEN, it's too late, and was again yesterday.

They recovered ok- from the second period on, we "won" 4-3, with a goal in the last min.

If they recovered really well, I see it more like 4-2 or 4-1 for the rest of the game.

But, yea, the key problem is quick collapse.

A buddy an I talk hockey a lot- and it's fascinating how mental hockey is, particularly how the goalie really sets the tone for the entire team. When the goalie is hot, the team is generally solid. But cold streaks come hard and fast, totally turning a game around. My buddy hates it when it happens with his pens.

Back in the golden 90's- I seem to recall that we had a sports psychologist. hmmm,

No kidding about Racine. Frankly, after that first game at Wisconsin, where he got pulled for like the 3rd or 4th straight game, I thought he wouldn't recover and was done for the year. You could see on his face that he was completely dazed and confused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT