ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Ohio State game start at noon?

gstennis

Sophomore
Nov 30, 2003
I know TV controls everything but I was wondering if you guys had heard anything about the game time for the Ohio State @ Michigan game? Thanks for any help.

I know TV controls everything but I was wondering if you guys had heard anything about the game time for the Ohio State @ Michigan game? Thanks for any help.
I don't recall THE GAME being played at any other time in the Big House

We are doing EVERYTHING the way Bo coached and Jim witnessed so I'd say yes. HIGH NOON. "74

The game will be on ESPN 12 noon EST. The game has no national appeal, so it will get the early kick off.

The 3:30 game will be Penn State vs Michigan State because that game will decide who goes to the B!G Championship game.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

I don't recall THE GAME being played at any other time in the Big House
IIRC, The Game started at 1pm in 2003. Unseasonably warm day up there to witness the 100th meeting and "The Braylon Edwards" show.

IIRC, The Game started at 1pm in 2003. Unseasonably warm day up there to witness the 100th meeting and "The Braylon Edwards" show.

For 2003, it was a 12:00 kickoff --- maybe it was unseasonably warm, but I don't remember that, it was kind of cold and chilly in East Lansing that day for a game I was at, which was also a 12:00 kick.

Kickoff was at 1 PM in both 2001 and 2005. 2005: that year it definitely was unseasonably warm, like 55 and sunny.

It will be smoking hot in East Lansing when Penn State plays Michigan State on Nov. 28th.

Somking Hot will decide the B!G East !!

It will be smoking hot in East Lansing when Penn State plays Michigan State on Nov. 28th.

Somking Hot will decide the B!G East !!

I'm on-the-fence about you, about 40-60 as to whether you are a Michigan guy acting like a Penn State fan, or actually a PSU fan.

Sort of like psulionspride (a.k.a. TDFever), you do seem to share some traits with him.

I'm on-the-fence about you, about 40-60 as to whether you are a Michigan guy acting like a Penn State fan, or actually a PSU fan.

Sort of like psulionspride (a.k.a. TDFever), you do seem to share some traits with him.

100 % Penn State. Bleed Blue and White. Love JoePa. We are because he was.

My responses to threads are based on a unique perspective not kool aid.

100 % Penn State. Bleed Blue and White. Love JoePa. We are because he was.

My responses to threads are based on a unique perspective not kool aid.

Fair enough.

You do have a unique perspective, I'll give you that. To quote a post of yours from BWI: "as long as Sandusky sits in jail falsely accused, JoePa will never be free, Penn State will never be free, and I will never be free."

My guess is that you will be a "prisoner" for quite a while.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Fair enough.

You do have a unique perspective, I'll give you that. To quote a post of yours from BWI: "as long as Sandusky sits in jail falsely accused, JoePa will never be free, Penn State will never be free, and I will never be free."

My guess is that you will be a "prisoner" for quite a while.

Maybe, but Sandusky will get a re ( real ) trial at some point in time. He may never live to see. I may never live to see it, but it will happen ( e.g., Corbett the ex gov. of PA, The current inner cabal of Penn State's BoT, The Second Mile Foundation, CYS, Aaron Fisher etc. ).

If you follow all the facts of this sordid story, this becomes a train wreck for a lot of people not known by you who will get ruined by the truth.

Lastly, Sandusky will be a bigger story for all the wrong reasons ( not the ones sold and bought already ), then O.J. was twenty years ago.

When a man gets hanged falsely, that is compelling drama on any stage.

---------

Michigan football / Penn State football and all the rest... The great programs are like pillars holding up a cathedral. They don't touch per say, but they hold up the institution for which they represent for good, bad or otherwise. We are not just in the same conference, we are now in the same division. Good, bad or otherwise, we are stuck. All I want is the game decided on the field. Not in the control booth. Last year's call on the kick off was other worldly good to steal yet another game.

At this point I just laugh. If that is what it takes to win. I just laugh and laugh.

The Game has traditionally been at noon with the few exceptions of the 1:00 start for TV purposes. If there has been a late afternoon game it is certainly the rare exception.

There was talk a few years ago coming off the 2006 #1 vs #2 game about moving it to night for the Primetime audience. But the "traditionalists" were very opposed to the move.

The Game has kind of found it's niche on rivalry day. OSU vs Michigan at noonish. Big SEC games: Auburn vs Alabama or Florida vs Florida State (ok, not SEC) at 3:30, and big PAC-12 games: USC vs UCLA or Oregon vs Oregon State for the night game.

We are all victims of the TV time zone. It dictates. We follow the marching orders.

There was talk a few years ago coming off the 2006 #1 vs #2 game about moving it to night for the Primetime audience. But the "traditionalists" were very opposed to the move.

The Game has kind of found it's niche on rivalry day. OSU vs Michigan at noonish. Big SEC games: Auburn vs Alabama or Florida vs Florida State (ok, not SEC) at 3:30, and big PAC-12 games: USC vs UCLA or Oregon vs Oregon State for the night game.

The 2006 game was moved to 3:30 and it was great.

I still prefer noon, but anything 3:30 or earlier is fine with me. Night games can go to hell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT