ADVERTISEMENT

Who knew OSU was so overrated?

JP2Blue

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2009
W. Bloomfield, MI
Hard to tell with that cupcake schedule.

Not to take away from MSU but Urban's game plan was abysmal.

If Urban brings that to Ann Arbor we will steamroll them.

Last edited:

Not to take away from MSU but Urban's gameplay was abysmal.

Joey Bossa and Ezekiel Elliott are going pro this year. OSU's season is over. Harbaugh and UM will not let down for a second next week, but I can bet you OSU will not be all there. Why? Because if he's not playing for a shot at Nat Champ, Urban Meyer doesn't care. He will never regard the UM-OSU rivalry like Harbaugh does. Elliott's and Bosa's resumes are complete. They can rest. Not get hurt. They'll play, but it won't be the same. They are in the protect their draftability mode. Having a big game while risking injury next week does not buff them up. The only thing Meyer cares about now is not losing recruits to Dantonio and Harbaugh.

UM 23-17

I can guarantee you only one thing. OSU will open up the playbook next week. Meyer and staff are going to be blasted for whatever you call that offensive game plan.

Elliott I guess was very made at the press conference. Not condoning that but he wasn't too happy. If I was Meyer (I am not)...I would apologize to the team for that game plan. Just awful. Did everything that MSU wanted them to do. Keep it close so they didn't have to pass. Run the ball into their strengths.

Look...at worst OSU should have changed the game plan somewhere in the late 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter and they just kept repeating their mistakes. 5 first downs the entire game folks. That says it all.

RM

I can guarantee you only one thing. OSU will open up the playbook next week. Meyer and staff are going to be blasted for whatever you call that offensive game plan.

Elliott I guess was very made at the press conference. Not condoning that but he wasn't too happy. If I was Meyer (I am not)...I would apologize to the team for that game plan. Just awful. Did everything that MSU wanted them to do. Keep it close so they didn't have to pass. Run the ball into their strengths.

Look...at worst OSU should have changed the game plan somewhere in the late 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter and they just kept repeating their mistakes. 5 first downs the entire game folks. That says it all.

RM
IMHO, Meyer coached as though he didn't think MSU would hold up. We made two big blunders that led to two quick scores for OSU. He played not to make a mistake. He didn't throw. Granted the conditions were awful, but by the 4th qtr. he could have thrown. Bringing in Jones reeked of desperation. Barrett is 10 x the QB Jones is. Meyer kept waiting for another MSU mistake.....that didn't come.

Meyer coached in the arrogant, condescending way he always does. He didn't respect his opponent and thought he could Ropa-dope the Spartans. MSU does not fold. They make mistakes and set themselves up for defeat as they did in Lincoln. But really, does anybody doubt that in a tight, late game MSU usually does not blink. Ask Baylor. Stanford. You guys know. 2 of OSUs last 4 losses over the last 4 yrs have been to Dantonio.

I think you guys will beat OSU easily next week. Both because you're better and OSU has no soul.....because their coach doesn't. I will say this, both UM and MSU have.......soul. They play. Every. Down. Every. Game.

I agree....how about this quote from Urban Meyer.

Just so many people at the line of scrimmage,” Meyer said of the lack of a running game.

Yeah Urban. Why was that? You weren't throwing the ball and they were playing the run. OSU deserved to lose and MSU deserved to win and won it. If you win going on the road with backup qb's then everybody got what they deserve today.

RM

IMHO, Meyer coached as though he didn't think MSU would hold up. We made two big blunders that led to two quick scores for OSU. He played not to make a mistake. He didn't throw. Granted the conditions were awful, but by the 4th qtr. he could have thrown. Bringing in Jones reeked of desperation. Barrett is 10 x the QB Jones is. Meyer kept waiting for another MSU mistake.....that didn't come.

Meyer coached in the arrogant, condescending way he always does. He didn't respect his opponent and thought he could Ropa-dope the Spartans. MSU does not fold. They make mistakes and set themselves up for defeat as they did in Lincoln. But really, does anybody doubt that in a tight, late game MSU usually does not blink. Ask Baylor. Stanford. You guys know. 2 of OSUs last 4 losses over the last 4 yrs have been to Dantonio.

I think you guys will beat OSU easily next week. Both because you're better and OSU has no soul.....because their coach doesn't. I will say this, both UM and MSU have.......soul. They play. Every. Down. Every. Game.
UM isn't going to see the same OSU team. This one will play aggressive with nothing to lose. Relaxed.

Todays OSU played with everything to lose and played the weather to not make a mistake and just never adjusted. Think about today's game from the MSU side. They had 91 yards total passing...gave OSU a td, messed up a fg and still won on the road.

Wow. I would say this is the worst loss of Meyer's career. This was some mutated version of LLoyd Ball.

UM isn't going to see the same OSU team. This one will play aggressive with nothing to lose. Relaxed.

Todays OSU played with everything to lose and played the weather to not make a mistake and just never adjusted. Think about today's game from the MSU side. They had 91 yards total passing...gave OSU a td, messed up a fg and still won on the road.

Wow. I would say this is the worst loss of Meyer's career. This was some mutated version of LLoyd Ball.
With these guys jumping ship with 2 games left I can't believe OSU will bring its A game. 1st quarter will be smash mouth as usual but UM will never let off the gas and if they get up I'm betting OSU folds like a cheap suit.
You don't tell your teammates you're not coming back even if it's assumed. Would Peppers? Jack Conklin looks like he's probably going but he'd never say it before the season is over. What did Bo do to Fischer? Urban should sit Zeke's butt next week.....but he won't.

Reactions: Volasaurus
Btw I'm appreciative of the tolerance this broad shows to this Spartan. As you probably know all the Spartan boards are "pay to play" which is stupid. Also way too much "off topic" stuff used to be there.

I try to be responsible. No need to come to a rival's Rival Board and talk smack. That's for the kids. Go Blue except when you play.....well....you know......

Btw I'm appreciative of the tolerance this broad shows to this Spartan. As you probably know all the Spartan boards are "pay to play" which is stupid. Also way too much "off topic" stuff used to be there.

I try to be responsible. No need to come to a rival's Rival Board and talk smack. That's for the kids. Go Blue except when you play.....well....you know......
I assume you don't go to MLive?

If you remember after MSU beat OSU in Indianapolis they fell apart when they played Clemson in their bowl game. I question how well they play after a loss or with the carrot no longer on the stick. They may be ripe for the picking next week.

I think it is more likely that OSU comes in flat this weekend. If there was a game between they could get back on mental track, but losing as they did, I don't think there will be enough time.

I think Michigan becomes the Sharks smelling blood in the water.

I agree....how about this quote from Urban Meyer.

Just so many people at the line of scrimmage,” Meyer said of the lack of a running game.

Yeah Urban. Why was that? You weren't throwing the ball and they were playing the run. OSU deserved to lose and MSU deserved to win and won it. If you win going on the road with backup qb's then everybody got what they deserve today.

RM
Meyer must have been watching a different game. MSU was in its base D all night. MSU's DL, like the OL, dominated.

Meyer must have been watching a different game. MSU was in its base D all night. MSU's DL, like the OL, dominated.

Sparty offensive line was manhandling the OSU D-line. It was not even close. Spartans were basically getting 5 yards on every play. Easy game to call as a coach when you get that kind of a push. Glad Allen and Conklin will both leave next year.

OSU also lost to the Bears

&

MUST win Bedlam!

We%20are%20big%2012_zps0wx6drqi.png

OSU self destructed and is dramatically overrated and not motivated this year. It had othing to do with what MSU did. It was all OSU self destructing. MSU gets credit for taking advantage, but there was othing special they did to beat some fraudulent vaunted OSU team, OSU simply refused to ever through the ball. That was some of the worst play calling I have ever seen from OSU and it had nothing to do with MSU's defense.

Sparty offensive line was manhandling the OSU D-line. It was not even close. Spartans were basically getting 5 yards on every play. Easy game to call as a coach when you get that kind of a push. Glad Allen and Conklin will both leave next year.
Conklin has mentioned he may not go. This hasn't been a great year for him.

Conklin has mentioned he may not go. This hasn't been a great year for him.

He was injured and if he can be even a 4th round pick or better, he would beyond stupid to not go. Come back and risk getting hurt again and possibly never get a sniff at the NFL vs become healthy and get drafted and cash in on NFL money.

He was injured and if he can be even a 4th round pick or better, he would beyond stupid to not go. Come back and risk getting hurt again and possibly never get a sniff at the NFL vs become healthy and get drafted and cash in on NFL money.
Huge difference between high 1st and 4th round money. Also these guys all have Lloyds of London insurance policies. Even if they have career ending injuries, they get paid. Final point is some kids actually come from families with money. An immediate big paycheck may not be as important as another year of college life.

Reactions: JRMSU
I think it is more likely that OSU comes in flat this weekend. If there was a game between they could get back on mental track, but losing as they did, I don't think there will be enough time.

I think Michigan becomes the Sharks smelling blood in the water.

I'd normally agree except that since this is a huge rivalry game that mitigates some of the other issues. I think OSU will come to play. It's *possible* they throw in the towel if things go bad but I wouldn't count on it. I don't see UM being able to pull away by enough to get OSU to fold.

OSU self destructed and is dramatically overrated and not motivated this year. It had othing to do with what MSU did. It was all OSU self destructing. MSU gets credit for taking advantage, but there was othing special they did to beat some fraudulent vaunted OSU team, OSU simply refused to ever through the ball. That was some of the worst play calling I have ever seen from OSU and it had nothing to do with MSU's defense.
This post is hilarious but par for the course. It will be interesting to see what you post on Sunday.

Reactions: rmjs33

RM
It's easy to be a Monday or post game quarterback but statistically Elliot had as many carries as he ever gets as a % of offensive plays. What MSU did was keep them inside the tackles period. They got a total of 5 first downs and you folks think that was because Meyer had a poor offensive game plan? What I saw was the MSU front seven completely disrupting everything OSU tried to do.

It's easy to be a Monday or post game quarterback but statistically Elliot had as many carries as he ever gets as a % of offensive plays. What MSU did was keep them inside the tackles period. They got a total of 5 first downs and you folks think that was because Meyer had a poor offensive game plan? What I saw was the MSU front seven completely disrupting everything OSU tried to do.

"Us folks" think that? This post is hilarious. It's the entire country that thinks this, besides sparty fans of course

PHARM D BLUE... STRIKES AGAIN !!

is OSU overrated ? Yes or no ?

If yes than UM stinks... And is poorly coached..

IF NOT OVERRATED.. then MSU is a fantastic team coached by the best coach is U.S....

Which is it PHARM D BLUE.. ? OSU overrated or not ??

Tigers, you forgot about MSU's hidden slush fund to keep their players in college longer.

IF NOT OVERRATED.. then MSU is a fantastic team coached by the best coach is U.S....

OSU is not overrated, but played the worst game in over 5 years against MSU the week before or otherwise, they blow out MSU if they played the type of game they played against Michigan. Every team once in a while lays an egg. It had nothing to do with what MSU did. OSU simply beat themselves by playing the worst game they have in 5 years.

OSU is not overrated, but played the worst game in over 5 years against MSU the week before or otherwise, they blow out MSU if they played the type of game they played against Michigan. Every team once in a while lays an egg. It had nothing to do with what MSU did. OSU simply beat themselves by playing the worst game they have in 5 years.

Obviously the weather had a lot to do with OSU and their lame gameplan. Even so, they should have tried to do more.

There has been an obsession with sports fans for years needing to define a team as overrated or underrated. I think it is based on an assumed expertise that fans have developed from playing video games, listening to sports radio, watching ESPN, reading blogs, and posting in message boards.

Over and underrated rarely applies in the real world. Sometimes a team or player just plays better on a given day.

MSU played better than OSU last week,. OSU played better than Michigan Saturday. Texas, Northwestern, and Ole Miss, played better than Oklahoma, Stanford, and Alabama, the days they played.

It has nothing to do with overrated or underrated.

Aww it's little bro

Aww hi little bro!!! Hmm...this is interesting. Did I say anywhere where osu was overrated??? Please show me if I did. The facts, which I have already stated, are this:

-osu played their absolutely worst game with absolutely the worst game plan in Urban's coaching career to give sparty a 3 point victory.

-Michigan, in year 1 under Harbaugh, gave msu the game at the end after they were beaten. The same msu team which was expected (and is currently fulfilling those expectations) to be a playoff contender. Sparty's best team ever almost lost to a Michigan team that many were expecting to be around .500 this year. It took them a miracle of all miracles to win.

Not sure what there is to dispute sparty. You guys are having a great year, which is exactly what was expected from your team. But you needed a miracle to beat Michigan, a Michigan team that was expected to be mediocre at best. Despite the horrible loss to osu yesterday, the future is extremely bright. Osu, if they used the same gameplan as they used yesterday and played with that same intensity, is easily the best team in the conference.

Reactions: llhcatsports
Aww it's little bro

Aww hi little bro!!! Hmm...this is interesting. Did I say anywhere where osu was overrated??? Please show me if I did. The facts, which I have already stated, are this:

-osu played their absolutely worst game with absolutely the worst game plan in Urban's coaching career to give sparty a 3 point victory.

-Michigan, in year 1 under Harbaugh, gave msu the game at the end after they were beaten. The same msu team which was expected (and is currently fulfilling those expectations) to be a playoff contender. Sparty's best team ever almost lost to a Michigan team that many were expecting to be around .500 this year. It took them a miracle of all miracles to win.

Not sure what there is to dispute sparty. You guys are having a great year, which is exactly what was expected from your team. But you needed a miracle to beat Michigan, a Michigan team that was expected to be mediocre at best. Despite the horrible loss to osu yesterday, the future is extremely bright. Osu, if they used the same gameplan as they used yesterday and played with that same intensity, is easily the best team in the conference.

Do you really think it's good for the future of your football team to continue to use Little Bro references? Really this is not rocket science dude. Are you educated?

Do you really think it's good for the future of your football team to continue to use Little Bro references? Really this is not rocket science dude. Are you educated?
Yes because referring to MSU as lil bro changes scores in games don't you know. He might be referring to the obsessive (compulsive?) MSU fan that type drivel on this board, like JRMSU above. Just guessing, but you make the final determination since you're the educated man around here.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Pharm D Blue..

Who is 2-18 in there last 20 attempts at MSU/ OSU combined...

You are a very little man... Tiny in fact...
I pity you... I hope that makes you feel better..

Reactions: ThatsMrSpartan2U

Not to take away from MSU but Urban's game plan was abysmal.

I think OSU ran the same offense against U of M that they did against MSU. The difference was the MSU linebackers filled the gaps and the defensive line kept everything inside. The holes in the U of M D-line were too big to fill with latterly challenged linebackers. The need for more team speed was obvious in the game and should get an upgrade within two years.

I think OSU ran the same offense against U of M that they did against MSU. The difference was the MSU linebackers filled the gaps and the defensive line kept everything inside. The holes in the U of M D-line were too big to fill with latterly challenged linebackers. The need for more team speed was obvious in the game and should get an upgrade within two years.

LOL you are so far off base its not even funny. That or you simply dont understand OSU offense at all.

OSU early in the game ran Elliot with inside power, gap blocking and had a good deal of success against MSU. On its 1st scoring drive Elliot got the ball 8 of the 10 plays. They never went back to that....

Against UM they went witn the inside power/gap blocking and destroyed Michigan with it... once that was established then the zone read can be run to put further pressure on the defense... once that happens as a defense you're screwed because no they can go to play action pass off all of that and hit the defense for big plays.

If OSU had stuck with what was working (Inside power/gap blocking) OSU beats MSU probably by 7-10 points

LOL you are so far off base its not even funny. That or you simply dont understand OSU offense at all.

OSU early in the game ran Elliot with inside power, gap blocking and had a good deal of success against MSU. On its 1st scoring drive Elliot got the ball 8 of the 10 plays. They never went back to that....

Against UM they went witn the inside power/gap blocking and destroyed Michigan with it... once that was established then the zone read can be run to put further pressure on the defense... once that happens as a defense you're screwed because no they can go to play action pass off all of that and hit the defense for big plays.

If OSU had stuck with what was working (Inside power/gap blocking) OSU beats MSU probably by 7-10 points
Ummmm...they did not have a great deal of success with either Barrett or Elliot rushing. The TD drive you refer to was a 10 play....32 YD DRIVE. Elliott had 8 touches for 27 yds.

Other than that short field TD the Buckos had 4 other, 3 and out possessions and 1 that was 6 plays with 1 first down. Conditions were awful for passing. OSU's strength was rushing....but they couldn't do it. Meyer is stupid...or he's not stupid. He spent that whole 1st half trying to find a hole to run through...he couldn't find one.

Ummmm...they did not have a great deal of success with either Barrett or Elliot rushing. The TD drive you refer to was a 10 play....32 YD DRIVE. Elliott had 8 touches for 27 yds.

Other than that short field TD the Buckos had 4 other, 3 and out possessions and 1 that was 6 plays with 1 first down. Conditions were awful for passing. OSU's strength was rushing....but they couldn't do it. Meyer is stupid...or he's not stupid. He spent that whole 1st half trying to find a hole to run through...he couldn't find one.
Really now... funny because the play by play says something different.

1st down Elliot rush for 3 yards to the MSU 29
2nd down Elliot rush for 4 yards to the MSU 25
3rd down Elliot rush for 7 yards to the MSU 18
1st down Elliot rush for 5 yards to the MSU 13
2nd down Elliot rush for 4 yards to the MSU 9
3rd down Elliot rush for 3 yards to the MSU 3
1st down....Barret pass to Vannet for 3 yards to the MSU 1
2nd down JTB run no gain
3rd down Elliot rush no gain
4th down Elliot rush touchdown

Yeah, Im waiting for that "its not working" thing to show up.

Yeah, what I see is MSU stopped Elliot once in that drive... so hey, you keep beleiving that MSU stopped Elliot... OSU stopped Elliot, NOT MSU

Really now... funny because the play by play says something different.

1st down Elliot rush for 3 yards to the MSU 29
2nd down Elliot rush for 4 yards to the MSU 25
3rd down Elliot rush for 7 yards to the MSU 18
1st down Elliot rush for 5 yards to the MSU 13
2nd down Elliot rush for 4 yards to the MSU 9
3rd down Elliot rush for 3 yards to the MSU 3
1st down....Barret pass to Vannet for 3 yards to the MSU 1
2nd down JTB run no gain
3rd down Elliot rush no gain
4th down Elliot rush touchdown

Yeah, Im waiting for that "its not working" thing to show up.

Yeah, what I see is MSU stopped Elliot once in that drive... so hey, you keep beleiving that MSU stopped Elliot... OSU stopped Elliot, NOT MSU
3 1/2 yrds./touch. About 1/2 his average per carry. Again, why are you so much smarter than Urban Meyer?

Please try to be somewhat impartial. MSU stuffed OSU's running game. UM couldn't.
And if conditions were equally bad...they were....why did MSU run all over OSU? With a 2nd and 3rd string QB? O'Connor ran the same plays Meyer did with Barrett. MSU moved the ball consistently. OSU did it twice when they had two very short fields. UM lost a game to MSU because they fumbled a punt. OSU scored twice on MSU after 2 turnovers, as well. Who was lucky? OSU? Or MSU unlucky? Or just bad on a couple plays? Who botched a play? MSU gave the ball twice to OSU deep in their own territory and OSU scored both times. When OSU had to go 60-70 yds. they couldn't do it vs. MSU....but could on UM. MSU's O line manhandled OSU's vaunted Joey Bosa et al. They.....just.....did.

I'm not trying to embarrass UM. But, really, MSU won. MSU beat OSU in Columbus. You lost to 'em at home. Please....give the guys credit. You don't have to. It's OK. Nothing can detract from their success. MSU earned that win.

Joey Bossa and Ezekiel Elliott are going pro this year. OSU's season is over. Harbaugh and UM will not let down for a second next week, but I can bet you OSU will not be all there. Why? Because if he's not playing for a shot at Nat Champ, Urban Meyer doesn't care. He will never regard the UM-OSU rivalry like Harbaugh does. Elliott's and Bosa's resumes are complete. They can rest. Not get hurt. They'll play, but it won't be the same. They are in the protect their draftability mode. Having a big game while risking injury next week does not buff them up. The only thing Meyer cares about now is not losing recruits to Dantonio and Harbaugh.

UM 23-17
sounds like you didn't know what your talking about.

Reactions: GO!Bucks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT