ADVERTISEMENT

Who is our starting QB vs. OSU this year ?

palmspringsblue

All-League
Jan 16, 2015
First of all , McNamara is getting most of the snaps now and injury is always a possibility with a QB, but ...
In the few snaps I have seen of JJ , his mobility is something we really haven't had here in a good passing QB in years . Also, his arm is legit but we haven't seen his practice snaps and how he is adjusting to the playbook and speed of the game.
He has tended to throw the ball harder than needed in his few passes and that may be a sign he just needs more game time snaps to adjust ..I hope !
Cade has been fine although we haven't seen him when we have to throw . Here again I would think the coaches have seen enough of him in practice to get a feeling on whether his abilities are enough to get it done as the schedule strengthens.
My guess is Jim sees no reason right now to make a change , as we have a winning formula. I could definitely see a change if Cade struggles against a smart Wisky defense , if for no other reason than to increase our mobility and ability to buy time.
Either way, I am going with the idea that JJ is our QB vs. OSU. as two or three keep RPOs (with the real run option) plays may be just enough to hold the defensive end pass rush a bit , and extend a drive or two.

Reactions: Gulon and ryanking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News