ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the guy that said Chatman would leave after next year?...

Mroad

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I think I'm going to win that internet bet....and it won't even be close. I think Chatman will end up being a very good player for us but he has a lot of work to do. I think hitting the weight room hard would really help him play at this level. There were others that thought Irvin would be gone after this year but I'm not seeing that either.

A stat line of 0 points, 0 rebounds and 0 assists against a very average team is not going to help his NBA draft status. Furthermore, he has struggled since the season started. Like I said, I think he will be a good player for us but there is no way he is going to the NBA in 1.5 years.

LOL

Yes, NBA personnel will be looking at his non conference performances as a freshmen the summer after his sophomore year. Brilliant!

Who knows about Chatman. Love his game but the fact of the

matter is he has to shoot at a higher level and give something at his position or JB is going to have to look at moving Donnal to the #4...(probably not)...get Wilson healthy and developed (maybe) or start playing Dawkins more (develop) and zone more.

UM can't have 0 pts from the #4 position unless Irvin and LeVERT are each lighting it up during the game (once in a while).

Reality Man

Don't get me wrong, I like Chatman but I just was responding to the other poster that thought he would be going to the NBA after near year. I think his body and game are not remotely close for the NBA and won't be a year from now. If he hits the weights hard and develops his game he might be ready after his junior year but I just don't see anyway he is gone after next season.

Just tweak the roster.

Dawkins for Chatman , and Doyle for Donnal because those two starting aren't doing a thing.. And one more thing, tell Irving to drive more, attack the basket, and feed the big guy. STOP SETTLING FOR THREES!

Chatman is a young gangly body. Looks uncoordinated and

seems out of place. I know he'll grow and learn and be a good one. JB said it all week. Patience and time and he/ staff has it . We need it as well.
Some one has got to get to the rim. No inside presence. "74

With each passing game I'm liking my internet bet more and more. So, you still think Chatman is declaring for the NBA in 15 months? At this rate I'm pretty sure he will stay 4 years.

So you think Chatman is playing well?
I would disagree.

He was completely lost vs Arizona.
Had four points and early foul trouble.

I can also see him transferring if JB doesn't get it together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT