ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Bama 'tard?

ChicagoBlueFan

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
Can we assume Alabama lost yesterday because the game wasn't for the national championship and they couldn't be bothered to play hard?
They did hold Mississippi under 50, so that's pretty good.

You give up 31 points on 5 turnovers you will not even beat an DIII school. Gave them 31 points on three turnovers and 7 points on a fluke play. Have to hang on to the ball to win in Big Boy football. They played fine and are a better team, but -5 in the turnover dept. kills you.

You give up 31 points on 5 turnovers you will not even beat an DIII school. Gave them 31 points on three turnovers and 7 points on a fluke play. Have to hang on to the ball to win in Big Boy football. They played fine and are a better team, but -5 in the turnover dept. kills you.
But what about your normal excuse when you get your ass kicked? This is a big step for you.

No dog in this fight, however Alabama right now would still thump Michigan pretty good so I am not teasing anyone about their team including OSU/MSU/ND fans. When we start becoming a national contender then I may rail someone on here for their teams performance. BYU will be tough and the "Bama Tard" may be on here Saturday evening calling you out. I hope not but let's keep it humble while Harbaugh builds

You will be in every game this year because of defense. That is the best defensive team you have had in years. Michigan has toughness again. Harbaugh is doing it right, play tough defense and give him two years to get some key players for the offense. I will be honest, you had a train wreck going on in Ann Arbor and he has really changed the environment in 1 year. You guys are twice as good as I thought you would be. You guys will beat Sparty or OSU THIS year, I am calling it now.

No dog in this fight, however Alabama right now would still thump Michigan pretty good so I am not teasing anyone about their team including OSU/MSU/ND fans. When we start becoming a national contender then I may rail someone on here for their teams performance. BYU will be tough and the "Bama Tard" may be on here Saturday evening calling you out. I hope not but let's keep it humble while Harbaugh builds
Not teasing about his team, just his (and Saban's) lame @ss excuse that when they get beat it's because they couldn't be bothered to play hard.

I really believe that Saban has lost his "coaching drive" Alabama does not have the same fire that it used to and they did not have it last year as well. I hope Saban does not become a "Mack Brown" at Texas situation in his final years where it looked like he was just going through the motions. I believe that complacency has hit Tuscaloosa. I would not be shocked after this season to see Kirby Smart become a head coach somewhere.

Last edited:
You will be in every game this year because of defense. That is the best defensive team you have had in years. Michigan has toughness again. Harbaugh is doing it right, play tough defense and give him two years to get some key players for the offense. I will be honest, you had a train wreck going on in Ann Arbor and he has really changed the environment in 1 year. You guys are twice as good as I thought you would be. You guys will beat Sparty or OSU THIS year, I am calling it now.

We still have a long way to go. I also think that the Wolverines will either upset MSU or OSU this year in Ann Arbor.

Here's some observations:
  1. The parity in college football is better then it has ever been. MSU is getting scored on, OSU looks vulnerable even at home, TCU almost lost to Minn, Auburn should have lost to their flag football team they played, etc. I think every team has some vulnerability now in college football primarily because of the scholarship situations, etc. Gone are the days where a team can stay dominant for a decade uncontested.
  2. Alabama will be fine - it's funny how high their standard is. Here we are talking about how they have lost a game or 2 each year - heck any coach or fan will take an 11-2 season each and every year. They have just set the bar so high that anything less seems pedestrian. I don't think Saban is losing his edge versus Bama having a bullseye on their back everytime they play teams. I can guarantee you Ole Miss will not go undefeated.
  3. LSU right now looks like the team to beat in the SEC - smash mouth football at it's best.
  4. If Michigan played Alabama today it won't be a blowout. I think JH will always keep the teams in play. Our defense is still young but only going to get better, but yes Bama is still a few notches ahead of us right now.
  5. This year's playoffs will be really fun to watch. On paper right now MSU seems to have the easiest path to the playoff (we as Michigan fans may not like that) because they have to beat Michigan (which they will be favored in) and OSU and the rest of their schedule is a complete cakewalk including either Iowa/NW/Minn in the BIG championship game. Everybody else will have a tough time going undefeated. I think FSU will not lose based purely on the fact that the ACC is relatively weak. TCU/Baylor play each other so one will have a loss for sure. Would not shock me to see every SEC team with at least 2 losses. PAC is a mess after USC's loss. Notre Dame could potentially get there with their schedule. Fun times ahead.

Good post. You are 100% correct about the parity in college football now. I still believe that Saban has lost a little "coaching fire" He has won multiple national championships at this point so how much further is their to climb? He is not as aggressive in recruiting either and it shows on his recent Bama teams. Right now, it is way too early to predict the playoffs and OSU is not showing right now that they want to go back. Maybe the NIU game will change that for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT