ADVERTISEMENT

When you play in close games…

ch13ba

Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
…chances are you’re going to lose about half of them. I don’t think you put the blame on any coach or player in this one. MSU needed a lot of things to go right to win this one, but that’s exactly what happened.

I’m stunned that the run game beat us. We exposed Thorne but Walker exposed our LB’s and S’s. I didn’t see that coming (at least not our S’s).

Andrel Anthony…wow. Not just the speed, but the high pointing and body control. Hell’s bell’s that kid looked like a star today.

Hate to lose this one but like I said, close games swing on the margins; a little bit here, a little bit there. Cade played well and showed he’s a better player than people give him credit for, but man, he had Sanristill wide open on the 4th down play. You can’t expect anyone to be perfect and it’s probably not even fair to bring it up, but there were just so many plays that could’ve swung this game and that what sucks.

In a lot of ways the result doesn’t define us. We’re actually better than I thought. Now days no defense can consistently hold their opponents under 30 points every week. Today we showed our offense is more diverse and dangerous than we thought and if things get away from our defense we can still punch back.

As I said, Cade played well but I think people blaming Gattis for the red zone issues, go back and watch the drive before halftime. Corum is wide open on 2nd & 3rd down for a first down and possibly a TD. Plays like that where I wonder if Cade’s working through his progressions. Something to pay attention too going forward.

The PSU game is going to be tough and obviously OSU is lurking but if we see continued growth from our offense over the next month we’re going to have a hell of a team coming back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News