ADVERTISEMENT

WELCOME!!! To The New Normal...

WOODSON4LIFE

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2008
I really haven't commented about all the recruiting stuff the good and bad..... so I am sorry.. but I am done "wrapping my head around it all"... and here is what I came up with...

I will admit.. part of me is a traditionalist.. someone who appreciates the simplicity of the way things used to be. Always felt like less is often more... and tried to raise my kids to be honorable, selfless and not allow their ego to get the best of them...Yet in my life..I also have enjoyed having a wild streak... I don't give a rat's ass if someone finds it odd that I, an older guy likes to hang in a mosh pit from time to time.. or maybe like last night go and see Rob Zombie's "31" at Sundance... or even find myself at a Playboy Anniversary Party at the Palms with a shot of Patron the size of Denard Robinson's smile.

So... I am wholeheartedly conflicted by one of my passions (Michigan Football) doing a 180 degree turn "culturally". We all knew Jim Harbaugh would breathe "New Life" into our program... but NONE OF US expected this.
It is blunt, at times awkward, often crazy and it is also very very forward thinking. Jim S mentioned some of this.. recently pros and cons etc. but after spending a lot of time on the Buckeye Board.. and hearing their take on Harbaugh and his "antics" (similar to what has been mentioned here and by myself included) it made me realize.. this is not a culture change for Michigan Football..Harbaugh is changing the landscape of College Recruiting.
We all know and understand that college football for lack of a better words is Ridiculous in many many different ways... well... it is about to get more ridiculous. Ohio state will most likely land the #1 recruiting class in the nation by most estimates...and at the end of the day.. what will most people remember? Where the #1 player in the nation went... and how he tied into some WEIRD OUTLANDISH event going on in Ann Arbor with tons of celebs and a great cause it helped.
This recruiting cycle has set a new standard.. in a perfectly orchestrated way EVERY DAMN DAY SOMETHING NEW HAPPENS and it has been all about the hype around Michigan and the Michigan brand for a month now... and do you know what? Even the most ardent "Old School" coaches will have to take note...and prepare better for next year...
5 years ago could you imagine Nick Saban doing "The Wobble"? Or imagine Kirby Smart using a helicopter to recruit? Kids are making videos that are so heavily produced I expect the effect to be done by Industrial Light and Magic. Welcome to the New Norm... Harbaugh has landed and it appears nothing will stand in the way of Michigan's success.

Enjoy the ride...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News