ADVERTISEMENT

We didn't lose to MSU, we lost to the transfer portal

malthus10

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2004
It's fair and square but transfer portal strategy is just another example of the cynicism of college football. Tucker's strategy reminds me of the Juco route used by coaches, like Dennis Erickson in his day.

I am resigned to Michigan's current status of 2nd or 3rd best in big ten east. Recruiting in the Midwest is challenging relative to even Carr's era, let alone Bo's. Best players are in the south and only so many riches to be shared by the likes of OSU, ND, and UM, both of which have extensive CFP experience. I don't think we want to shed our identity and resort to the transfer portal, as referenced above.

I am not convinced that another coach can do better than Harbaugh. I am sure after a couple of bud lights Harbaugh would divulge the challenges he has had to overcome between recruiting, eradication of a losing culture. etc. All of these were fait accompli by the poor decision of the AD's and university prior to his hire. These critical misjudgments unfortunately occurred just as college football was experiencing a critical inflection point. High-stake misjudgments matter and have lifelong impact, look no further than examples such as the big three auto manufacturers, GE, Boeing, and now maybe Facebook. I like Harbaugh as a representative of the university and would take him over the likes of Urban Meyer,

Most of us on this site are nostalgic for the Michigan we loved under Bo and Carr, and those days are long gone. Prior AD's cemented the program's fate of above-average, but not great results. Michigan will still do well with IMG (formerly Sears Cup) rankings based on strength of multiple programs and always excel as the best public university in the US. I'll take those distinctions and move on from the football glory I knew as an undergrad and grad student.

Here's a toast to Juwan Howard!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News