ADVERTISEMENT

We all agree LeVert is the 'closer'...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
does Robinson have the green light on 3 pt shots? Someone mentioned that he should shoot more.

My personal opinion...it looks like Robinson has the green light. That he shoots as many times as he wants from the 3 point area...wherever and whenever he wants. There is no real time restriction...early or late in the play clock.

It sure looks like JB is willing let him shoot 15 times during the game. Just my perception.

RM

Of course Robinson has the green light. I guarantee JB wants Robinson shooting anytime he is open. He doesn't want him taking bad shots but if he's comfortable he should be shooting. I like the fact that he doesn't force his shot, he let's the game come to him. I'm assuming his offensive game will evolve the longer he's at UM. Remember, Nik was pretty much exclusively a shooter his freshman year at UM and the following season he became good at taking the ball to the basket. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same thing occur with Robinson.

When I say green light...I mean he can miss 10 in a row and JB would say keep shooting.

It sure looked like Robinson didn't care that he missed 4 in a row...he was going to shoot all night long even if the ball wasn't going in the hoop. Not complaining. We aren't talking Zak here. I don't even think LeVert has the same green light.

My point is Robinson could miss 20 good shots in a row and JB would still draw a play up for him to shoot another shot at the end. I think Stauskas, Burke, THJ all had the green light but Robinson's green light never turns off.

RM

Duncan is on the team to shoot the ball...that is the aspect of his game that is elite. Of course JB wants him shooting whenever he's open, even if he's missed 5-6 shots in a row. Duncan has text book shooting form and you know he's going to make a high percentage of shots. I also think he moves well without the ball, he's always trying to find the opening to take the shot. He is going to start getting extra defensive attention which will help open the offense for others.

When I say green light...I mean he can miss 10 in a row and JB would say keep shooting.

It sure looked like Robinson didn't care that he missed 4 in a row...he was going to shoot all night long even if the ball wasn't going in the hoop. Not complaining. We aren't talking Zak here. I don't even think LeVert has the same green light.

My point is Robinson could miss 20 good shots in a row and JB would still draw a play up for him to shoot another shot at the end. I think Stauskas, Burke, THJ all had the green light but Robinson's green light never turns off.

RM
If he is on the court he has the green light. If he misses x number of shots in a row, and is still on the court then JB wants him to shoot. He certainly is not out there to play defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT