ADVERTISEMENT

WAY OT: I've had my new smoker for about 3 weeks now. I LOVE IT...

maizenblue_follower

Heisman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2001
USA
www.facebook.com
Today I just started my "Chuck Steak Roast, 3 lb for a 6 - 7 hr smoke. I learned recently that this cut is called a poor mans brisket. Several friends have told me it is awesome. So I am trying it today.

I was told to rub it down with salt and pepper, that's it. Put it in the smoker.

I have a Pit Boss Pellet Smoker. I and my friends use the Pit Boss Pellet Competition blend pellets I find at Lowes.

When I smoke, I make sure I am smoking the meat using an internal probe thermometer. Pit Boss has 2 ports for probe thermometers which appear to be very accurate.

I bought the 700 FR1 smoker, it isn't huge, but it is the perfect size for my wife & I and my son and his girl friend.

We've smoked a 12 lb pork butt recently, went for 18 hours and the bone literally pulled out without any effort. My issue was it didn't have the bark I thought it should have. So, I called Pit Boss customer service. They walked me through the P settings when smoking and when to use and not to use the cook settings.

I'll report back in this thread how this Chuck Steak Roast turned out.

If there are other SMOKERS in the Den, please chime in. Share with everyone what you smoke and what has turned out the best.

Thanks all and LETS GO SMOKIN!
GO BLUE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.