ADVERTISEMENT

Watching some more highlights and something dawned on me..

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
this JB team is built for speed, speed and more speed.

It looks like this team is perfect for Walton. Walton is a pass first pg who isn't (IMO) a guy who can consistently score like Burke. Its perfect for him. He plays really good defense and has good vision and likes to run the floor. Albrecht is sort of the same type of pass first pg and even now with MAAR..looks like he has a very good handle with some work with good defensive effort.

LeVert is a tough matchup. Scorer.
Irvin..never met a shot he didn't like (compliment) and not afraid to take the big shot and works well with LeVert.

Dawkins looks like he can run the floor too...and hit some perimeter shots.

Chatman looks like he can..has a nice outlet and is going to be a nightmare at the #4 because of his ability to go inside/outside and get into the lane. Tough to block his shot.

So far...teams looks fast. Yes its against the local Italian Park and Red team but you get my point. Team has got speed. More speed than probably with Stauskas on the floor. Not saying better (especially half court sets) but this team can get out and run.

Now, Doyle runs really well for a big guy and loves to hit the glass. Great outlet.

So in a nutshell this team really should run n gun. It has more size but everybody on the floor can run. Throw Donnal and the other bench guys and UM can run certain teams out of the gym.

I didn't really see this coming but this team has shooters and guards who like to pass. This team is better off with Walton vs. Burke who really wanted to score more. Time and place for everything. Not saying Burke wasn't great. Don't put words in my mouth but this team looks well put together. I hope to God this next team can make UM work up a sweat at least for 30 minutes. :)

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT