ADVERTISEMENT

Was visiting another site and the author mentioned that JB will

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
run the offense around LeVert. I had a question for those on the board.

In the JB system...should the offense run around LeVert or is it structured to run around the PG.
What is LeVert...part time pg? 2 guard? 3?
Should Irvin have to earn more responsibility or should it be shared about LeVert and others?
Should LeVert be the pg on occasion?

Running the offense around LeVert gives me a flashback to the Manny Harris era. I would defer to LeVert but only in select times of the games.

I personally would with this team embrace Irvin as the equal to LeVert and have Walton try and run the show as distributor. I don't think I would make LeVert the equivalent of Burke. Burke could handle this whole enchilada and even then I thought there was too much Burke.

I'd rather see the focus as team responsibility right from the beginning and getting all the new guys to understand their contributions offensively are needed.

Thoughts?

Reality Man

I agree with you. We start thee guys shooting over 40%on threes - Caris, Derrick and Zak. I see them sharing the load, and I expect Walton to be taking charge more this season. High ball screens can be run by any of those three guys, and probably Chatman, too. Donnal's pick and pop potential adds another dimension. The other site has vastly oversimplified things.
Originally posted by Reality Man:
run the offense around LeVert. I had a question for those on the board.

In the JB system...should the offense run around LeVert or is it structured to run around the PG.
What is LeVert...part time pg? 2 guard? 3?
Should Irvin have to earn more responsibility or should it be shared about LeVert and others?
Should LeVert be the pg on occasion?

Running the offense around LeVert gives me a flashback to the Manny Harris era. I would defer to LeVert but only in select times of the games.

I personally would with this team embrace Irvin as the equal to LeVert and have Walton try and run the show as distributor. I don't think I would make LeVert the equivalent of Burke. Burke could handle this whole enchilada and even then I thought there was too much Burke.

I'd rather see the focus as team responsibility right from the beginning and getting all the new guys to understand their contributions offensively are needed.

Thoughts?

Reality Man

Beilein likes a slasher who can draw the D to him and then pass to the open shooter. Levert showed those skills but forced things at times.

Personally, I prefer to the offense to be ran by Walton with the high pick and roll and kick outs to our shooters. If any of the bigs can consistently demonstrate the pick and pop we will be great. Also, who knows which of the Freshmen might be the stud of this class and contribute significantly (ie. Chatman or Dawkins)...The combination of Walton, Levert, & Irvin should be enough to contend for a Big Ten title again, but our defensive effort needs to show improvement especially on the boards!

I don't see why it would need to look

much different than this year to be honest. Maybe slide a few more touches LeVert's way, but the skill sets really aren't changing that much. I also think Irvin only showed about 2/3rds of his game last season. He played a role, and played it well. He has more ball skills than he needed to use last year. I can't see a big overhaul coming.

The underrated part of Morgan's game though was the timing/passing that he possessed. you could see the flow of the offense change when Horford (and really with Max) handling the ball in a lot of situations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT