ADVERTISEMENT

Was going to post on this the other day and then I saw another

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
post on this subject.

Re: Donnal

I don't think Donnal is a center. I think he is a true PF. Donnal is not going to be JMo on the pick n roll. JMo was a natural and made him very effective as a center. You take that play out of the playbook and JMo is pretty much ineffective offensively.

I can't speak to whether Donnal can handle the defensive side of the equation but probably can because of his girth. But does JB really want Donnal on the floor when he isn't doing anything down low. He didn't have a low post game in high school. From what I saw..he is a pick n pop 15 ft guy.

He looks like a BT PF. Probably would be a good fit in a Wiscy system. I am skeptical he plays the 5 in the JB system based on the current roster. I am more encouraged surprisingly by the length of Wilson and his ability to roll off the pick. He would be a nice compliment to Doyle who is truly a low post guy.

Here is what I am getting at with these comments. I think JB is going to have to modify his offense based on his personnel. Doyle is going to be too good not to have on the floor this year. Donnal is probably going to be the best 4 for UM.

Who else is really going to be able to replace GR3 and his responsibilities? Wilson? Maybe. Irvin..his lower body is still slight and he will get worn down on the block. I think Irvin really is meant to be an offensive juggernaut.

Dawkins can't play the #4. I predict Donnal will get most of his minutes at the #4 eventually and the fact the Doyle is a frosh will become irrelevant because the kid has BT size. They will have to keep his minutes within reason so he doesn't hit the wall too quickly.

My eventual BT lineup. Coach Reality Man :)

Walton (30 min) Albrecht 7 Maar 3
LeVert (33 mins) Irvin 7 Maar 3
Irvin 26 (Dawkins 14)
Donnal 20(Chatman 20)
Doyle 25 (Donnal 5) Wilson 7 Biefeldt 3

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT