ADVERTISEMENT

Was anyone else looking to see if Al Borges was on the sidelines last night?

jamieabe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2009
How many times on this board have we said after a game how the opposing team crafted a great game plan to counter our all universe defense?

When was the last time we said our offense designed a good game plan?

We have 6 players that might be top 50 picks in the draft this year, and yet on the 3rd play of the season I'm thinking "same old torture" and by the third series I'm expecting Notre Dame to convert on every 3rd and long the rest of the game...and when they don't I'm looking for a flag...which by the way did anyone else think it was the most effing stupid thing ever for NBC to have the down and distance displayed in yellow.

Every QB we play against has their heisman career game against us...its sickening...and it's because they actually design plays against what we do well.

They give their players the best chance to be successful.

Like I said in a previous post, play calling is the one thing that we have full control over (no bad penalties, bad blocking, bad spots, refs etc can impact play calling)...it is before the play starts...no excuses!

Yet how many big games when we've had all off season to scheme, or a bye week before a big game, are we left scratching our heads?

It's almost like we consistently get the worst possible result out of our offensive talent every big game.

It's really head scratching and depressing.

When you lose every big game against great teams by such a small margin, it shows that we have the talent to win. It's the intangibles that decide those games. And I think the biggest intangible we have failed at over the last several years is play calling...and believe it or not I think it applies (although to a lesser extent) to the defense as well. No other way to explain such a dominant defense giving up so many big crucial plays.

We have enough talent to be a dominant team. Do we have the coaching to put our talented players in the best position to win?

The failure to win a big game in the last 4 years just has to fall on the coaching staff...I don't see it any other way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News