ADVERTISEMENT

Updates to Yost...

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
All
A recent regent's meeting a group of upgrades to UM included some work to Yost- http://regents.umich.edu/meetings/11-14/2014-11-IX-9.pdf

One was a change to the ice suraface. Any idea what that is? I thought that a lot of that was included in the most recent updates to Yost. Also, upgrading the refrigeration system. Again, I thought that was done recently.

We'll get new dasher boards, and a new roof on the north end.

All for the low price of $5.8M.

(to me, that's a LOT- mostly because my brother is trying to put a full sized rink in Moscow, ID, one that would be workable for a small WCHA type team- and that would very easily put up the entire rink. Twice according to him.)

I assume that this would happen next summer. And something that none of us would ever notice. Much like putting in a new foundation to your house for $30k...

Only guessing here, but the age of the building could have some bearing on the cost of replacing any roofing, no matter how old that roofing currently is.

The note says that the roofing is replaced on the north end where it's flat.

Not sure if that means just a re-surface of the roof OR if that's a whole new roof structure. But I don't think that's the big part of the project.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT