ADVERTISEMENT

UM Baseball

DetroitRockCity

All-American
May 29, 2001
Just did the unthinkable. Lost their second in a row to a bad MSU team on the day they retire Jim Abbott's number. How far this team has fallen.

Give it a rest......

look at the talent lost from last year - Zach Putnam, Nate Recknagel, Adam Abraham, Derek Vanbuskirk, Jason Christian, Leif Mahler and Michael Powers. And we're fielding a team that usually includes 5 walk-ons playing in the field and still around .500 - ever hear of the term "rebuilding year".

Re: Give it a rest......

If you check the starting lineup, almost every player is on some type of scollie. We weren't going to win the Big Ten this year, but we should not be worse then MSU who has been a "bottom-feeder" for years. I talked to one of our players the other day and he said our pitching is a "work in progress". Hopefully Maloney can turn it around next season.

Check your facts....

for the bulk of this year, we've been playing 5 walk ons a significant part of the time - Fellows, Urban, Dufek, Kalczyinski, and Toth. Not to mention that our best catcher, Berset has missed most of the year. And even though we;ve lost two close games to MSU, our overall record is significantly better than them. Did you really expect them to be much better than this given the talent loss from last year?

Yes and I hope we all give them time and those kids grow quicker

than what we all hope for. God Bless'em and Go Blue "74

Re: Check your facts....

That's my point. Our overall record is alot better then theirs...so shouldn't we be beating them, especially with a 4-0 lead and Fetter on the mound?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT