ADVERTISEMENT

UM Baseball

DetroitRockCity

All-American
May 29, 2001
Wish I could tell BigTenKing we won 1-0, but we lost another pitching fiasco to Illinois 10-8. After Fetter, things are looking bleak at Wilpon. Thank goodness for Nicki Nemitz.

i too went to the wrong game....just like you.................

driving from fremont, oh......went to last spring football practice.....then to baseball game with my son......he said the same thing..........boy we miss putnam, recknagel, abraham and christian.....(we lost alot)......m go blue!

Illinois puts up 11 more on our guys in an 11-5 loss. If pitching is the name of the game, we're in big trouble.

Its a rebuilding year to be sure, When you lose as much as M

baseball lost this past offseason you know there's going to be some growing pains. I think the program is trying to retool after losing some real firepower, both at the plate and on the mound.

Re: Its a rebuilding year to be sure, When you lose as much as M

First, you said I didn't know anything about this team even though MAC teams were using our pitching staff for batting practice. Now, since they're losing at an alarming rate, it's a rebuilding year. Which is it?

Re: Its a rebuilding year to be sure, When you lose as much as M

I'm saying why freak out when the team isn't expected by those with realistic expectations to be anywhere near as good as the team of the last two seasons.; Last year was their "year". Maloney had just about everyone back, got a NCAA regional at home, and we blew it. Last year I was upset that we didn't get out of our home regional. This year I knew we'd have to win the Big Ten Tournament to get a bid. Nothing that is taking place right now is going to change that, and even that (winning the BTT) is a longshot. Maloney is a good coach and recruiter, M baseball will be back soon. This is just one of those years where he lost about 75% of his offense to graduation or early departures.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT