ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA prohibits Clark from UM

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Former UCLA tight end Chris Clark told Rivals.com that the Bruins have blocked his transfer Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State.

Clark, a top-rated player from the 2015 class, had previously committed to Michigan before ultimately signing with the Bruins. Clark decided to switch his commitment when coach Brady Hoke was fired on Dec. 2 even though coach Jim Harbaugh continued to pursue him.

Clark played in the season opener against Virginia, but did not travel with the Bruins to UNLV. He transferred before the start of the academic quarter.

Clark’s time with the Bruins started poorly as he missed the first week of the preseason while recovering from mononucleosis. According to the Orange County Register, during Clark’s second practice he was on the receiving end of a profanity-laced tried from coach Jim Mora, who was upset with Clark because he arrived late to practice with a cell phone in his hand.

According to the O.C. Register, “Mora told Clark he would drive him to the airport so he could transfer to Rutgers or a junior college.”

Clark is currently home in New Jersey sorting through schools, organizing official visits and hoping to have a new place to play by November. He told Rivals.com he has scheduled visits at Pittsburgh on Oct. 9, Virginia on Oct. 16 and N.C. State on Oct. 31

"I'm really looking at schools that fit me closer to home," Clark told Rivals.com. "I like some of the ACC schools. Maryland is definitely in the mix. I like Pittsburgh a lot too. I like coach Narduzzi. He was one of the guys recruiting me at Michigan State. I do like N.C. State a lot. They were one of my first offers and they've stuck around with me through all this."

According to the O.C. Register, “Mora told Clark he would drive him to the airport so he could transfer to Rutgers or a junior college."
Personally, I love it when coaches hyperventilate like this and tell a kid to pack his bags for a Kansas JC. Mora will probably change his stance and let him transfer to wherever and I really doubt he would like it at UM. If he can't take Mora intense, how would nearly-clinically insane intense Harbaugh work out for him?

Let this kid go. He was old enough to make an informed decision and he did so. When you are an all star in high school and get to college you suddenly find out that everyone around you is as good if not better than you. The hype and cushy environment created around a super star at their high school is now an environment of everyone pushing for playing time. Some can handle it and some cannot. He would have never lasted under Harbaugh either.

A couple things:
  1. Classless move by UCLA to prohibit him - why they heck do they care what the BIG does??? I think it shows utter lack of class and confidence in a school when they let a kid go and then put massive stipulations on where they can play. Classless - I hope UCLA gets spanked by Rich Rod and proceeds to get spanked by every PAC team.
  2. Agree with scfanblue - Clark is old enough to make informed decisions. I think a lot of HS kids think they are premadonnas and the reality is when they come into college for the most part they are at the bottom of the totem pole and they can't handle that. That is probably the big reason they all loved Hoke because he let the premadonnas be premadonnas (Funchess for instance).
  3. Mora is a complete head case. JH may be intense but from everything I have heard he is still respectful. Mora seems to be just like his dad (apple does not fall far from the tree) who was also a complete nut job and head case and deemed as a coach who showed lack of respect with players often. Players are human beings, you can be intense, authoritative, etc but never disrespectful.
My 2 cents.

As long as he would have to sit out a year, I don't see why a school should be able to decide where a kid can transfer.

A couple things:
  1. Classless move by UCLA to prohibit him - why they heck do they care what the BIG does??? I think it shows utter lack of class and confidence in a school when they let a kid go and then put massive stipulations on where they can play. Classless - I hope UCLA gets spanked by Rich Rod and proceeds to get spanked by every PAC team.
  2. Agree with scfanblue - Clark is old enough to make informed decisions. I think a lot of HS kids think they are premadonnas and the reality is when they come into college for the most part they are at the bottom of the totem pole and they can't handle that. That is probably the big reason they all loved Hoke because he let the premadonnas be premadonnas (Funchess for instance).
  3. Mora is a complete head case. JH may be intense but from everything I have heard he is still respectful. Mora seems to be just like his dad (apple does not fall far from the tree) who was also a complete nut job and head case and deemed as a coach who showed lack of respect with players often. Players are human beings, you can be intense, authoritative, etc but never disrespectful.
My 2 cents.
Sounds like UCLA has softened their stance and he'll be free to transfer
A couple things:
My 2 cents.
I'd be okay with us getting him, he'd know right away whether he'd make it under the new regime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT