ADVERTISEMENT

Tough tough game tonight. Oregon was tenacious. My thoughts..

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
Walton is like that street fighter. Tough on the boards. Solid college pg. Not great but effective with the right pieces around him.

Irvin seemed quiet for most of the 2nd half but maybe I just missed some of his points except for the nice 3. Solid on the boards and defensively.

Team still has a problem with boxing out on the glass. That should be on top of the list.

Donnal...perimeter guy. Ain't going to give you anything down low. Doesn't have the strength or moxie to play down low. He is a good specialty role matchup player in my opinion.

Saw Dawkins briefly. I think JB doesn't like that he is turnover prone. Hardaway 2.0?

Doyle was the MVP of this game...game UM something at the #5 otherwise they probably get beat.

Chatman. One more game and JB is going to need to get his confidence back. I would give him another shot...his shot is getting worse. Someone needs to alleviate the pressure of him.

LeVert looked like Manny Harris tonight.

Nice win but this team needs some serious work but the fact that Doyle made an impact is the big positive. I think Doyle (as people indicated) is going to supplant Donnal and now UM needs to work on the #4 and get Dawkins to contribute.

Wilson or Dawkins if Chatman struggles. Spike isn't going to work consistently when the bigger teams come to town.

Reality Man

The team played ok against Oregon but could get exposed tonight against Villanova...although I kind of like playing the underdog role. We are certainly not a good rebounding team right now and outside of Doyle we don't really have an inside offensive presence. The one thing I liked was that we beat a Pac-10 team and we really didn't play that good. Levert didn't have a good game by his standards and I don't think Irvin had a very good game either. Walton and Spike played fine but not spectacular and Kam is still not playing up to his capability.

Let's face it, we are a really young team and I'd just like to see the team improve as the season progresses. I'd be happy if we finished in the top 5 of the league this season.

Villanova beat Bucknell by 7 points. The same team UM beat by 24. Somebody got exposed, and it wasn't UM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT